What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
As much as I love denim, the new denim collection just doesn't seem worth it to me. Last year's and the year before denim was much nicer and more appealing. This new/old denim is so soft, it doesn't look good on the OTG. Also the giant bag clips are just not in style right now, they should've updated it. If the speedy didn't have the extra pocket with giant clip, I'd be all over it. I love the Venice but again, those giant clips. They did the keepall and horizon very nicely though!
With that said, I'll be saving my budget for Chanel denim in 2024.
Couldn't agree more. When the denim was first launched, the collection was very chic and cute. The larger size and the nonproportioned closures definitely ruin the look. I'm also a huge fan of Vernis and am so disappointed with the new launch. It has lost its luster. Launching Vernis bags that don't include Amarante is criminal. ;P

Oh my goodness. I know this comment might ruffle some feathers but this thread is called unpopular opinion. I just did a comparison of the denim collection for both LV and Chanel. LV denim is thin and flimsy definitely not worth the retail prices. Chanel denim much thicker and heavier. The hardware on Chanel denim bag blows LV out of the park. For both high end designers these prices are still not worth what they are retailing for. You can definitely see a difference in the material for both brands. 20240125_101710.jpg20240104_135308.jpg

Oh my goodness. I know this comment might ruffle some feathers but this thread is called unpopular opinion. I just did a comparison of the denim collection for both LV and Chanel. LV denim is thin and flimsy definitely not worth the retail prices. Chanel denim much thicker and heavier. The hardware on Chanel denim bag blows LV out of the park. For both high end designers these prices are still not worth what they are retailing for. You can definitely see a difference in the material for both brands. View attachment 5936840View attachment 5936842
Thank you for this thoughtful comparison! :heart: I’m actually not sure how unpopular your opinion will be; I feel like most of the comments I’ve seen thus far have agreed that the LV denim collection quality leaves much to be desired and is not worth the sky-high price, although us tPF members may be more critical than the general population as I’ve seen some people on IG and YT who are absolutely in love with their pieces (and good for them; all that truly matters is if we like the pieces we buy!).

I’m not surprised the Chanel quality is better, but the Chanel prices are also significantly higher than pieces of similar size from the LV collection, right? I wonder if that has something to do with it. Regardless, I’m finding it hard to justify getting any pieces from this collection, as cute as I find some of them! Or Chanel’s … it’s hard for me to justify spending thousands on fabric.

I just saw a video of the denim Nano Speedy that an LV SA posted on IG and the bottom corner of the huge front pocket was completely folded up, folded in half, back in on itself! Hard to describe, but it looked absolutely horrible — I couldn’t believe the SA hadn’t taken the time to try to stuff the pocket so it filled back out or steam the crease out before posting it … but seeing that video and reading reviews like yours and others here is helping kill my desire to drop a lot of $$$ on this collection, so thank you! :giggle:

The low key LV collection is my favourite collection they’ve released in the last few years but at the price point I’d probably still shop other brands if I were in the market & seeking something minimal. Still curious to see what else they’ll come out with though.
Every time I look at the Low Key Collection, my initial reaction is, "I like it," quickly followed by, "Something about this doesn't work." And then I see it. The padlock. I just cannot get past the damned padlock.

Every time I look at the Low Key Collection, my initial reaction is, "I like it," quickly followed by, "Something about this doesn't work." And then I see it. The padlock. I just cannot get past the damned padlock.
Thank you. I said the exact same thing. And I do notice on LV exotic leather handbags they don't throw on these unnecessary embellishments.

The low key LV collection is my favourite collection they’ve released in the last few years but at the price point I’d probably still shop other brands if I were in the market & seeking something minimal. Still curious to see what else they’ll come out with though.
Thank you. I said the exact same thing. And I do notice on LV exotic leather handbags they don't throw on these unnecessary embellishments.
I also don’t like how “deep” the bag is. My whole arm would need to go into the bag to reach something sitting on the bottom.

I’m not a neverfull girl. I own only one big tote & use it only occasionally on heavy load days. I considered a nice LV tote for my work laptop but decided to use my inexpensive Jason Wu for Target tote for my laptop & just carry my normal bags to work. I just don’t love the Neverfull & when I worked in the city I saw a DE neverfull or multiple of them literally every single day.

I think my unpopular opinion would be opposite your friend - I don’t & have never liked DE. I don’t own any DE nor do I want to. I have one DA speedy but wish it was mono even though almost all my LV is mono.
I keep buying neverfull bags and not using them! I completely agree

Reactions: wildwest81
My unpopular opinion is I think people go to extremes trying to make sure their bags show no signs of wear and tear. For example, I recently purchased a Sac Plat BB in monogram. It was my first ever bag with vachetta so I naturally went online and did some research on others experiences. The amount of threads I read of people overly stressing out about the leather to the point of leaving their bags outside facing the sun and rotating it every few hours so it darkened "evenly" was so extra to me. It's a bag. I get babying a delicate skin and or rare bag, and being cautious during certain weather conditions, but my god use it and stop giving yourself unnecessary amounts of anxiety.

My unpopular opinion is I think people go to extremes trying to make sure their bags show no signs of wear and tear. For example, I recently purchased a Sac Plat BB in monogram. It was my first ever bag with vachetta so I naturally went online and did some research on others experiences. The amount of threads I read of people overly stressing out about the leather to the point of leaving their bags outside facing the sun and rotating it every few hours so it darkened "evenly" was so extra to me. It's a bag. I get babying a delicate skin and or rare bag, and being cautious during certain weather conditions, but my god use it and stop giving yourself unnecessary amounts of anxiety.
Amen! I had no idea any of this was a thing till I joined this forum. Super Extra 100% agree. There are enough anxiety provoking issues in the world, IMO.

Amen! I had no idea any of this was a thing till I joined this forum. Super Extra 100% agree. There are enough anxiety provoking issues in the world, IMO.
I also agree with this. I actually prefer my vachetta to look newer, not patina'd. I just think it looks better that way, but I also accept the natural patina as well, but have no desire to "tan" it LOL.

Reactions: wildwest81 and DME