What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
LV’s Christmas animation is at least cuter that THAT abomination :lol:

I don’t mind the patterns themselves, as in, I find them cute and whimsical; but I do find them hard to carry or style. I have one SLG (mini pochette) in a Christmas animation pattern from a few years ago which was sentimental, and I did carry it quite a bit when I first got it (as a purse!) but after I got a bigger phone it wouldn’t fit anymore so it got relegated back to SLG for inside a bag. I would never buy another because I find it impossible to style.
I love Gucci Disney, went bought a couple as soon as they were out, I been using one of them a lot, it’s low key and fun, make me happy because it’s Disney, I would buy LV Disney if they had one, the print can wear all year around.

Yeah, was wondering the same thing, btw to the other poster I do own Capucines as well besides owning Kusama, Murakami, and Stephen Sprouse etc and mono DE epi, Empreinte Mahina etc. I can’t say I love all LV’s but seems nothing to hate so much about LV
I agree, like I was following along not liking the collaborations back in the day. Taking it even as far as not liking the fast-fashion collaborations of recent times, but hating the OG canvas from 1854 just was like :confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

Clearly the monogram is just so ugly they should stop making it. /s 😅

Reactions: roxi88 and onlyk
To play devil’s advocate, this is a thread about unpopular LV opinions which does not forbids non LV owners from having one and voicing it (hence why they don’t buy LV and why their opinion is unpopular among LV devotees)
You don’t know if the poster can or cannot afford champagne (LV) so the metaphor doesn’t work for me
Sorry that post irritated me a bit. I think the phrase:you hate champagne, but hate where it's grown is more fitting. You can't hate heritage of a brand, that's what set them apart in the first place.

No need to come off rude. You're commenting in an LV forum, stating you hate most everything about LV. It's like saying you hate champagne, but can't afford it.
First you assumed I buy LV and snarkily asked why I do so if I hate it so much. Second, you assumed that I don't buy LV because I can't afford it 'like champagne'. Both incorrect.

Who's the one being rude?

I agree, like I was following along not liking the collaborations back in the day. Taking it even as far as not liking the fast-fashion collaborations of recent times, but hating the OG canvas from 1854 just was like :confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

I really don't understand this logic. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean that I'm asking or wishing that the company does not make it. And as for not liking an "OG canvas from 1854"--good for you for appreciating their legacy. I have different opinions.

Edit: I have different opinions and tastes. I don't care for a brand's "heritage". There are a lot of things that LV makes that's elegant which I feel are less in-your-face than all-over logo printed bags.
Last but not least; stop interacting and replying to me if my post(s) irritate you so much. It's not that hard. I'm just a random stranger on the internet with an opinion about a brand that you like to buy from and (assuming) you're not a stakeholder in.

Last edited:

Totally agree! you should see how's the market respond! In all those lately issued limited editions, the Catogram was a successful one, I personally liked the Summer Trunks, the Azur Neverfull Summer Trunks was the most beautiful one in my eyes, of course I had to buy one, hahaha, I bought the cosmetic pouch in that line too, really pretty, great to use as a clutch too.

• Love
Reactions: wowzers1941
This is for the new denim collection. Ok we get it LV is reusing the old styles and updating with studs, pouches, and larger close clasps. The prices for 2024 will definitely not be the same price as your original pleaty bag from twenty years ago. These "dated" bags are not dated to the newer or younger LV purchaser. LV denim is a bargain when you compare prices against Chanels denim.

LV x YK collaboration is hideous. Same with their previous collabs with Kusama, Murakami, and Stephen Sprouse. Anything where they use the same bag with childish cartoon prints slapped on top is vomity. Last but not least: LV coated canvas with all-over logo is extremely tacky and ugly, as it is already.
I wholeheartedly agree with the cartoonish collabs. It just seems lazy to slap a ridiculous cartoon sticker over an existing style, at least make it a true collaborative effort, even if it turns out looking silly, give the customers who are giving over their money something truly unique to take home.

Other unpopular opinion: hate the damier azure print despite liking that color combo in general , it just doesn’t work for LV. On the flip side, I actually do like the LV brown monogram. Maybe not on EVERYTHING, but it’s a classic, attractive monogram and I can see why its popularity has endured.

This is for the new denim collection. Ok we get it LV is reusing the old styles and updating with studs, pouches, and larger close clasps. The prices for 2024 will definitely not be the same price as your original pleaty bag from twenty years ago. These "dated" bags are not dated to the newer or younger LV purchaser. LV denim is a bargain when you compare prices against Chanels denim.
As much as I love denim, the new denim collection just doesn't seem worth it to me. Last year's and the year before denim was much nicer and more appealing. This new/old denim is so soft, it doesn't look good on the OTG. Also the giant bag clips are just not in style right now, they should've updated it. If the speedy didn't have the extra pocket with giant clip, I'd be all over it. I love the Venice but again, those giant clips. They did the keepall and horizon very nicely though!
With that said, I'll be saving my budget for Chanel denim in 2024.

I love LV but I do have a few unpopular opinions:
1. Capucines are elegant and beautiful, but they are overpriced for it's true worth. I would rather spend that $ on a Chanel.
2. I think the whole Nano bag drive has gone a bit overboard considering that in most cases, these are not exactly practical bags.
3. I view the animations as childish and often wonder who the target market for those are. I would rather stick with the classic items.
4. I think the Neverfull is overated, too basic and mass produced.
5. I love all 3 canvas - DA, DE and Monogram. However, I don't own any DA because I don't consider it very functional to use without always worrying about color transfer and early wear. My fave are DE and monogram without the vachetta.

I love LV but I do have a few unpopular opinions:
1. Capucines are elegant and beautiful, but they are overpriced for it's true worth. I would rather spend that $ on a Chanel.
2. I think the whole Nano bag drive has gone a bit overboard considering that in most cases, these are not exactly practical bags.
3. I view the animations as childish and often wonder who the target market for those are. I would rather stick with the classic items.
4. I think the Neverfull is overated, too basic and mass produced.
5. I love all 3 canvas - DA, DE and Monogram. However, I don't own any DA because I don't consider it very functional to use without always worrying about color transfer and early wear. My fave are DE and monogram without the vachetta.
1000% agree!

I am so disappointed that all new releases are in mini size only which is a no go for me! Even the Speedy of the new collections only in size 20 which is too small for me. I really hope the mini size hype will be over soon.
Pharrell’s new releases has several in sizes 25, 40, and 50. Malletage also in 25 (Black speedy is stunning)

Last edited: