What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

Maybe my experience with Dior and Hermes are anomalies, but it was exactly the OPPOSITE. In fact, I vowed never to shop at a Dior store because the service was horrendous. Then I met my Hermes SA, who was friendly from day 1. Maybe it's a southern thing. I went in to buy a pair of Oran sandals and he treated me like a queen from that day forward. I told him I was in the market for a Dior book tote but would never buy from the Dior boutique across next door because of the service. He picked up the phone, told me "you just need a better SA! I got you," and he called his husband, who has been my Dior SA ever since.

I'm not even close to VIP and I get great service. I got my first Birkin offer when I was in sweat pants and no make up. In my humble opinion, Hermes isn't responsible for the snobbery. Those people are just snobs and Hermes didn't make them that way. They would be snobs if Hermes didn't exists. Just saying...
Ditto! My only experience with Dior left me with a bad taste but I've never been back. And I too recently got a Kelly while wearing an Adidas sweat dress, no make up and carrying my groceries :blush:

I do not like anyone who is snotty/snobby or, on the other hand, a sycophant. I'm just as put off by a snob as someone who tells me that everything looks great on me just to get a sale. Just as I try not to put on airs and to always be myself, I expect others, including SAs, to be their authentic selves.

Maybe my experience with Dior and Hermes are anomalies, but it was exactly the OPPOSITE. In fact, I vowed never to shop at a Dior store because the service was horrendous. Then I met my Hermes SA, who was friendly from day 1. Maybe it's a southern thing. I went in to buy a pair of Oran sandals and he treated me like a queen from that day forward. I told him I was in the market for a Dior book tote but would never buy from the Dior boutique across next door because of the service. He picked up the phone, told me "you just need a better SA! I got you," and he called his husband, who has been my Dior SA ever since.

I'm not even close to VIP and I get great service. I got my first Birkin offer when I was in sweat pants and no make up. In my humble opinion, Hermes isn't responsible for the snobbery. Those people are just snobs and Hermes didn't make them that way. They would be snobs if Hermes didn't exists. Just saying...
Remove Dior and insert Chanel for me. We shop at the same H boutique and I’m also treated like a queen.

Staying on topic: My unpopular opinion is that I really don’t care about HW color unless the bag has the light contrast stitching, then I only want PHW so it compliments the stitching.

I think the thread “Asian and Hermes” is cringe. Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird to single out a certain ethnic group and their Hermes collection?

No. You are not.
I pointed that out a few years ago and suggested that in this current oversensitive woke pc world it could be considered racist or racially discriminatory. My opinion was firmly squashed by a then highly-respected and controlling moderator.

What a lovely story! And I love how your H SA called his hubby lol. Now you have 2 awesome SA’s!
Was just thinking the same as @Bdbunny when I read your lovely story @fabdiva :hugs:
I adore my chanel, Hermes, and dior SAs. But, they find it very difficult to deal with customers who come in with expectations of purchasing the most hyped item in the influencer world (not just Birkins or Kelly’s but you name it), and the SAs boutique may not have ordered it in that particular color or style, or in quantities sufficient to satisfy demand. Then, if and when they get the item, they spend hours going over it with a fine tooth comb and reject a soft sided bag that happens for one reason or other.

My unpopular opinion is that the SA doesn’t so much care about prespend as all of us think on tpf. On the whole, she does want to have pleasant interactions and make clients happy. She does have to persuade her SM, but that may have a lot to do with her relationship to the SM and the the leather dept, and a host of other things.

Last edited:

I think we shop at the same stores :smile:

I didnt have a bad experience at Dior across the street though.
Nice to know you had a great experience at local H w/o having to put up a show. I usually dress chic casual when im in that shopping area. :smile:

Unpopular opinion:
i may be petite at 5ft 2 but even then wont buy a mini K as it would be too small for me as well. Ive seen people load the mini K and even the k25 sellier and it just looks ugly deformed from all the contents in it. It’s just “pushing it too hard”. I agree with kelly pochette being better if you just need to wear a small bag or a clutch.

I love seing people with B35 and rock the casual tote bag look.

I prefer paladium or silver hardware in all my bags H or not.

No. You are not.
I pointed that out a few years ago and suggested that in this current oversensitive woke pc world it could be considered racist or racially discriminatory. My opinion was firmly squashed by a then highly-respected and controlling moderator.
Its not even about racist or not but just weird. Where is “Africans and their Hermes” or “Western Europeans and their Hermes”? Why was it even necessary to single out just one ethnicity? Just a weird thread. Almost like a fetish. Should just merge with Hermes in action.

I have a few unpopular opinions, perhaps more so with newbies, but just a couple that are really irking me today.

- it's rude to ask members for their SA's contact. Firstly, they've spent time and possibly had to work their way to find an SA who they managed to click with so trying to get them to give up their contact, to me, feels like you're jumping the line. Secondly, it reeks of laziness. Thirdly, you end up competing with these members for QBs as/when the time comes.

- coming in and asking questions that have already answered. If they put in the time to read through the threads. People shouldn't expect to be spoon-fed answers.

- asking about in store availability. No one here will ever have the answer because inventory is fluid and also dependent on what the SA can offer you.

Its not even about racist or not but just weird. Where is “Africans and their Hermes” or “Western Europeans and their Hermes”? Why was it even necessary to single out just one ethnicity? Just a weird thread. Almost like a fetish. Should just merge with Hermes in action.
It’s a celebrity, socialite, and influencer thread, not a members thread, so if merged should be merged with the celebs thread. The posters there are mostly a few very active members, IMO they should have a say.

I have a few unpopular opinions, perhaps more so with newbies, but just a couple that are really irking me today.

- it's rude to ask members for their SA's contact. Firstly, they've spent time and possibly had to work their way to find an SA who they managed to click with so trying to get them to give up their contact, to me, feels like you're jumping the line. Secondly, it reeks of laziness. Thirdly, you end up competing with these members for QBs as/when the time comes.

- coming in and asking questions that have already answered. If they put in the time to read through the threads. People shouldn't expect to be spoon-fed answers.

- asking about in store availability. No one here will ever have the answer because inventory is fluid and also dependent on what the SA can offer you.
Amen!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

you second point about lazy newbies is particularly apt

Knowledga is power. You gain that knowledge from here by reading as much as possible that has been written and drawing your own conclusions.

Here’s my unpopular opinion on a couple of clic clacs. I love the cw of the Hermes factory bracelet but what’s with the stunned open mouthed woman holding onto her hat? Where is the wind coming from? Why does she look so terrified? Did she just walk out of a H boutique and realize how much she overspent and needs to figure out how to tell her so about the next cc bill? :lol:

As for the chorus stellarum, i don’t get the weird horseshoe and heart designs? They almost look like tattoos or a throwback to the 90s/00s hard/metal rocker tee shirts or maybe kids stickers you’d find at Claire’s (does that even exist anymore?):lol:. I wish they had just stuck with constellations - stars and planets.

IMG_1261.jpegIMG_1262.jpeg

Here’s my unpopular opinion on a couple of clic clacs. I love the cw of the Hermes factory bracelet but what’s with the stunned open mouthed woman holding onto her hat? Where is the wind coming from? Why does she look so terrified? Did she just walk out of a H boutique and realize how much she overspent and needs to figure out how to tell her so about the next cc bill? :lol:

As for the chorus stellarum, i don’t get the weird horseshoe and heart designs? They almost look like tattoos or a throwback to the 90s/00s hard/metal rocker tee shirts or maybe kids stickers you’d find at Claire’s (does that even exist anymore?):lol:. I wish they had just stuck with constellations - stars and planets.

View attachment 5798323View attachment 5798324
I think the chorus stellarum is meant to be a hard metal/ rocker style because even the silk scarf has a skeleton head with a cowboy hat if im not mistaken. The colorway for this style is pastels though so it is kind of an oxymoron :smile: like trying to be rocker but cute at the same time