What's your FIRST designer bag you ever bought?!

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I love hearing about other people's love for bags, and I wanted to share how I got started!

Like many others, I started with Coach and was so thrilled to have my first bag! I was in 7th grade and I started to see more and more bags around me. I remember so many of my friends were getting a bag, but I had never owned a bag before. I remember going to the mall and going into the Coach store and falling in love. I told my mom how much I LOVED their bags and wanted one so bad. I didn't leave the store with a bag that day, but a couple weeks later my mom surprised my sister and I with the Coach Demi Pouch and that truly began my obsession with bags. Here she is, I will never get rid of this bag, I simply adore her:

Coach-Signature-Demi-600x600.jpg

What about you, what was your first designer handbag?

Back in the early 90's I was buying basic leather purses, usually Liz Claiborne or something like that, but Dooney & Bourke was all the rage. Finally, I bought two of the "all weather leather" D&B bags on sale at a department store. Those held me over for a long time, until one day I saw a lady carrying an LV monogram speedy. I got my first LV from Ebay, a monogram Sac Gibeciere. I've been buying LV ever since, and have picked up a lot of Chanel, a Gucci, a Prada, and a couple of Hermes along the way. ;)

The first designer bag I bought was a white leather Gucci bag. I bought it in Rome 30 years ago when I went to Europe with some friends after graduating high school. I still have it and wear it now and then. I really have no idea what possessed me to buy a white bag. That's the only white bag I've ever bought.

I think my first designer bag was a Fendi bag I still have it somewhere. I got it in the early 90's when LL Cool J made around the way girl! So began the love for the designer handbag. Lol