What's your FIRST designer bag you ever bought?!

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
I love hearing about other people's love for bags, and I wanted to share how I got started!

Like many others, I started with Coach and was so thrilled to have my first bag! I was in 7th grade and I started to see more and more bags around me. I remember so many of my friends were getting a bag, but I had never owned a bag before. I remember going to the mall and going into the Coach store and falling in love. I told my mom how much I LOVED their bags and wanted one so bad. I didn't leave the store with a bag that day, but a couple weeks later my mom surprised my sister and I with the Coach Demi Pouch and that truly began my obsession with bags. Here she is, I will never get rid of this bag, I simply adore her:

What about you, what was your first designer handbag?

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Back in the early 90's I was buying basic leather purses, usually Liz Claiborne or something like that, but Dooney & Bourke was all the rage. Finally, I bought two of the "all weather leather" D&B bags on sale at a department store. Those held me over for a long time, until one day I saw a lady carrying an LV monogram speedy. I got my first LV from Ebay, a monogram Sac Gibeciere. I've been buying LV ever since, and have picked up a lot of Chanel, a Gucci, a Prada, and a couple of Hermes along the way. ;)

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
LV Robert Wilson Reade PM in rose fluo that I bought new ten years ago. Still have her and love her to this day.

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
coach green ladybug hobo bag

long gone but I still love the green color and think the ladybugs are too adorable.

Goodfrtune

May 16, 2014
The first designer bag I bought was a white leather Gucci bag. I bought it in Rome 30 years ago when I went to Europe with some friends after graduating high school. I still have it and wear it now and then. I really have no idea what possessed me to buy a white bag. That's the only white bag I've ever bought.

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
Aww I wish I had a picture of it. It was a Coach Ali Hobo bag, and it started my bag love!!

Lady Moe

4 the luv of Purses
O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Mechanicsville, VA
I think my first designer bag was a Fendi bag I still have it somewhere. I got it in the early 90's when LL Cool J made around the way girl! So began the love for the designer handbag. Lol

loveglam

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
I bought a Coach tote when I was 18 and first started working. I still have it, but it's just in a dustbag in my closet. I haven't used it in years.

Nov 16, 2007
OR
A little Coach camera bag. Purchased after my first real heartbreak. Funny how you never forget your first... Handbag that is!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412653198.876412.jpg

Yoshi1296

Dec 29, 2012
My Celine Cabas Gusset which I got for my 17th birthday last year! It's the best!!!