What's your FIRST designer bag you ever bought?!

Black Leather Coach Hailey (convertible crossbody/shoulder/handheld hobo) - about five years ago (it's different from the style they call Hailey now). I still use it, in fact I used it just yesterday.

Mine was a Coach bag and matching wallet that I saved up for while in college during the early 90's, and it's always been Coach this and that ever since. Well, that is up until last year, I bought my very first Louis Vuitton -- a Speedy B 30 in Damier Ebene for my birthday. Now, I've been bitten by the LV bug :girlwhack:and could possibly be looking into Chanel. Aye yi yi :drool:

I still have my first "designer" bag as well. My mother bought me a leather Coach for my 16th birthday and that started my love of handbags. Now more than twenty years later I still have that very special bag tucked away only now she snuggles with Celine, Balenciaga and others.

Like many on here, mine was a Coach...sleek, all black, monogram fabric with black leather handles - a slim little tote style. Oh, I was over the moon! :smile: I don't think I even slept the night I got it! lol. And I've branched out and fallen in love with ALL sorts of different designers - from Dior (oh, mon dieux!), Valentino, Balenciaga, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Prada, Chanel...but I know I'll always return to Coach for nostalgic reasons (plus a million others). Got my admiration for a beautifully crafted handbag from my mom, a diehard Coach fan. She may be 68, but she looks damn good - still so pretty and I hope I reflect some of her genes as I get older! - and she has always had phenomenal taste. I love talking to her about handbags (and books, and teaching -what we both do to make a living! - and everything else), and I'll always credit her as being my number one source of style. Thank you, mom. Happy Handbag Day! :smile: