*What was your First Coach Bag*How has your taste changed since buying it????

~What was your First Coach bag~What do you Prefer now??

• Leather

• Signature

• PVC

• Patent Leather

• Suede

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

dawnqueenb69

Feb 9, 2006
Just had an interesting question!!!Since Coach has changed so much in the past few years..What was your *First* Coach bag???Leather, Signature, Suede, PCV, Patent Leather,ect.I know alot of us have changed our taste since joining TPF and thought it would be fun to see where everyone is in now...My 1st coach was a Soho Suede Demi Flap in a rare color*Flint*...I still have this bag because it was my very 1st coach..But I don't use it anymore due to it being way too small.My taste has changed more recently too...Now I'am starting to give leather a try.. I love my silver leather sophia(small)..This bag is made really well and I actually like that it Doesn't have C's all over it:smile:So what was your 1st Coach bag and how has your taste changed since buying it? Thank's for sharing~

my first coach was a little beige leather with darker leather mini skinny. I was so excited I felt like a girl carrying hermes for all of my older cousins had pieces from coach but me. I can't for the life of me remember my first coach bag though!

My first Coach was a black signature small flap. I bought it used from a family friend. My first brand new Coach was the hamptons signature stripe carry all. I still have that one, but I rarely use it. All my other Coach bags are leather or patent. But I have to say, I get more compliments on that carry all then any other bag.

My first was a SOHO siggy flap (small)

Now I love the leather, patent leather.

Just got a Hampton Vintage Violet Clutch in Expresso. 12450 It is awesome. Got it for a steal on EBay...... $60.95 retailed for $398.00. I love this clutch.

My first was a MFF signature bag that I got on eBay before I even knew there was a difference between FP and MFF. I haven't carried it in ages. I don't think I've used any fabric bag in at least a year.

My first Coach was a Mauve Bleecker Sophie purchased from Marshalls. It was a beautiful time in my life! LOL!
I have only used that bag once...because I bought my black & gray op art Sabrina after that...and used it to death! :biggrin:
Still, I could never part with it...it was my first one! I have her stuffed and hanging in my armoire in her dust bag.
Has my tastes changed? Yes, I guess so. I like more flashier and fancy looking bags...the Sophie is rather plain but gorgeous.

Great thread!

I bought my first Coach bag in 1993. I forgot the name, but it was this small, envelope looking one with the button closure that was sticking out on the flap. You have to push the button to be able to open it. It had a long, thin rolled(?) shoulder strap. A very thick leather in british tan. I remember seeing a picture of Paula Abdul wearing it crossbody, in black. Funny thing is I used to remove the hangtags because I didn't like anything dangling on my purses.

My first Coach was a Mauve Bleecker Sophie purchased from Marshalls. It was a beautiful time in my life! LOL!
I have only used that bag once...because I bought my black & gray op art Sabrina after that...and used it to death! :biggrin:
Still, I could never part with it...it was my first one! I have her stuffed and hanging in my armoire in her dust bag.
Has my tastes changed? Yes, I guess so. I like more flashier and fancy looking bags...the Sophie is rather plain but gorgeous.

Great thread!
Thank's PCL~I bet that mauve color is gorgeous..You do have a Beautiful Collection, especially all of your Sequin bags....

My first coach bag was a signature hobo in khaki/brown, I prefer leather and patent leather now, no signature unless its small accessories, otherwise I tend to shy away from siggy...

Hi Dawn,
You always have great questions!!!! They really make me think!!! LOL
My very first Coach was my Black Leather Willis Bag with the Brass Hardware. I still have her. Coach and TPF are making me crazy with all the new bags coming out and all the great reveals here on TPF!!! I still love leather but I also like the Patent Leather as well. I used to never carry a bag and it seems I first bought my Willis then the Legacy Ali Hippie and the Bleeker Medium Duffle bag which seem small now in comparison to my Black Croc Hampton bag.

Lynne :biggrin:

Hi Dawn,
You always have great questions!!!! They really make me think!!! LOL
My very first Coach was my Black Leather Willis Bag with the Brass Hardware. I still have her. Coach and TPF are making me crazy with all the new bags coming out and all the great reveals here on TPF!!! I still love leather but I also like the Patent Leather as well. I used to never carry a bag and it seems I first bought my Willis then the Legacy Ali Hippie and the Bleeker Medium Duffle bag which seem small now in comparison to my Black Croc Hampton bag.

Lynne :biggrin:
Thank's Lynne!!!You also have such a well chosen collection!!!!I love how you blame it on *the devil* when you get a new bag...Too funny, but in a sweet way;)

My first was my black on black signature NS gallery tote. It was only about a year ago and I still love that bag but I have a pebbled mahogany shoulder tote and my new black patent XL zoe that I ADORE so I'm definitely much more interested in patent/leather than signature now. Great question!