What non-Longchamp bag are you carrying?

Oh yes, I like Rebecca Minkoff but mostly her chain bags, like the Edie. I have seen the older styles of MZ Wallace and they are not my thing. I like the new quilted style but definitely have no desire for anything new from them.
I do like the MZ Wallace quilted but sticking with my le pliage for now still have a few I haven't even used yet!

Carrying my neutral gray Callista Crafts bag. It’s a soft leather grained cowhide, suede interior, slip pocket in back, zipper main interior with one interior zip pocket. Very easy to wear. The braided handle is really nice as well. It has an adjustable, removable strap. It’s only downfall for me is I can only wear it as a crossbody. Good part is I can always switch out to another strap when I want. This is one of my favorite understated handbags. It feels lux. As I have said in another post, it’s made in Greece. I purchased this from Bloomingdale’s (in-store).

1DEAA63D-A81A-4FFF-AB0C-0C97AA70D9BB.jpeg

1F8DE7EE-AAB1-4B69-98F1-24A834CB11FA.jpeg

599CA25E-065E-45DE-8312-D32CAB40A797.jpeg

3D5BBF7E-E73D-4056-AC92-F072A34B5098.jpeg

1761F773-613B-462A-8955-2FBB2A85AB7B.jpeg

CF720010-A29E-42EC-A379-EE841D726BCE.jpeg

64A25AE5-AA04-4580-B831-34577656A31D.jpeg

Beautiful! I recently sold my black Goyard St. Louis PM. I never used it really because I found the drop strap too short. I could only wear it without a coat.
Thanks :smile: a bit sad to hear that you sold your St Louis, as it’s a lovely bag, but understandable. It’s annoying to have a bag riding up into one’s armpit :lol: The drop on the Fidji’s strap feels more generous because of the sag in the middle.

My beloved 16 year old Goyard Fidji with my new Foulonné coin purse. This bag has been all over the world with me :heart:
So nice to see your new Foulonne coin purse and your Goyard. I've been thinking about adding the Goyard messenger or baby tote but was slightly apprehensive about how it wears after reading through the Goyard forum. I must say yours still looks very pristine, nothing like 16 years old.

Reactions: seidokat
So nice to see your new Foulonne coin purse and your Goyard. I've been thinking about adding the Goyard messenger or baby tote but was slightly apprehensive about how it wears after reading through the Goyard forum. I must say yours still looks very pristine, nothing like 16 years old.
Thanks :flowers: You should add a Goyard to your collection. But yes, sadly, some styles do have wear issues - the Fidji was known to be one of them, because of its shape. The sagging creates creases, which crack the canvas at a certain point (so if you choose a more structured model, you shouldn't have problems). Despite all of that, I think that this is the bag that I've used the most over the years. It's just so versatile and carefree. It's been my uni and plane bag, so it certainly hasn't been babied.

It looks pristine because you haven't seen the interior, haha. There were actually 4 or 5 holes in the canvas that I repaired by hand stitching them closed, sealing them with sailcloth repair patches, and then re-painting the Goyard pattern over all of that. I'm going to take it to my local cobbler to get the interior fully relined in black leather soon, but am scared of what they're going to charge me for that :doh:

• Wow
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I'm going to take it to my local cobbler to get the interior fully relined in black leather soon, but am scared of what they're going to charge me for that :doh:
I'm really terrible at sewing. In my country, we need to attend lessons to learn sewing. I got my mum to help me out back then,with the final assignment. I'm so impressed by your DIY skills. It's true the cobbler might charge an exorbitant amount for such work but considering that it will have a new lease of life again.... worth considering.

I had been mulling over the baby tote and the messenger for some time. The messenger is probably a bag that I will use more but the baby tote bag looks to be quite a good size for what I carry now. Colors are readily all sold out here and one needs to be put on wait list. Always long queue here as well at the boutique.

Last edited:
I'm really terrible at sewing. In my country, we need to attend lessons to learn sewing. I got my mum to help me out back then,with the final assignment. I'm so impressed by your DIY skills. It's true the cobbler might charge an exorbitant amount for such work but considering that it will have a new lease of life again.... worth considering.
Ha, you've brought back a flood of memories; we had obligatory homemaking lessons where I grew up, too. I was good at the sewing bit, but the cooking part was catastrophic. Like you, I got my mum's help for that :P

Thanks for the compliments, it's a hobby that I enjoy. I'll have to post before and after pics in the Goyard subforum one of these days. The leather lining is definitely a good idea. It'll give the canvas more structure and reinforcement like the Anjou tote, which wears quite well from what I've heard.

• Love
Ha, you've brought back a flood of memories; we had obligatory homemaking lessons where I grew up, too. I was good at the sewing bit, but the cooking part was catastrophic. Like you, I got my mum's help for that :P

Thanks for the compliments, it's a hobby that I enjoy. I'll have to post before and after pics in the Goyard subforum one of these days. The leather lining is definitely a good idea. It'll give the canvas more structure and reinforcement like the Anjou tote, which wears quite well from what I've heard.
The same, it was home economics for the girls where we learnt sewing and cooking. I enjoyed the cooking lessons more. The guys got to learn woodmaking.

The baby Anjou tote was the one I was eyeing. Will look out for your posts in the Goyard forum.

The same, it was home economics for the girls where we learnt sewing and cooking. I enjoyed the cooking lessons more. The guys got to learn woodmaking.

The baby Anjou tote was the one I was eyeing. Will look out for your posts in the Goyard forum.
Exactly the same for me. I was so jealous of the boys's woodworking lessons :P you're lucky that you enjoy cooking, as it's a skill that's far more practical in terms of daily life.

I saw the baby Anjou on the website, so cute! Which colour are you considering? I've never seen this style in real life. Keep us updated if you get it. And I know what you mean about the queuing, the Paris boutique was a zoo the last time I went. The Biarritz one is much calmer and a better shopping experience.