What music/bands you you like?

I listen to a bunch of different things like Jars of Clay, Dido, Saves The Day, Alanis Morisette, Stiff Little Fingers, Taking Back Sunday, The Ramones, lots of 80's music and lots of oldies like from 50's or something.

I like a wide range of music from blues to indie rock, but my favorite music always has a strong guitar presence. So I love things from from BB King and Led Zepplin, to Santana, Sonic Youth, Nirvana and My Bloody Valentine.

coco-nut said:
I like a wide range of music from blues to indie rock, but my favorite music always has a strong guitar presence. So I love things from from BB King and Led Zepplin, to Santana, Sonic Youth, Nirvana and My Bloody Valentine.

For "strong guitar presence," you can't beat Robert Cray and Stevie Ray Vaughn (I'm from Austin, so he's pretty much of a god here).

Danica said:
Jack Johnson, Tori Amos, Fall out boy, James Blunt, John Mayer, Ben Harper, Damien Rice and the like, anyone?

i love the song damien rice did on the Closer soundtrack, it was called 'the blower's daughter' i believe. and FOB are a fave for a couple years now.

jane said:
I lost my mix tape (which I loved because it also had a never-released Grandaddy song), but you've inspired me to run over to the iTunes music store and get that song, since I don't have that Built to Spill CD anymore.

I used to be way more into punk rock when I was younger (I'm 33) and have some good stories from hanging out at Gilman in Berkeley every weekend in the mid-90s. I was at Green Day's last show there!

Both of my boys LOVE Green Day!

attorney-wife said:
How could I forget the Backstreet Boys!!! I used to drive my best friend nuts, by insisting she was my concert buddy...Man the $$$$ I spent to get good seats to see the boys! Then again, I am her concert buddy...So my most recent concert was to see Constantine Maroulis fron A.Idol at the House of Blues..

I love this forum even more now -- the Backstreet Boys are my favorites. :love: I get a lot of grief for it, but who cares???

(Attorney - I had a concert buddy too. I used to make her go with me to BSB concerts, and she dragged me to the Nsync ones!) :lol:

Oh, and I also listen to the Black Eyed Peas, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keyes....

cate22 said:
I love this forum even more now -- the Backstreet Boys are my favorites. :love: I get a lot of grief for it, but who cares???

(Attorney - I had a concert buddy too. I used to make her go with me to BSB concerts, and she dragged me to the Nsync ones!) :lol:

Oh, and I also listen to the Black Eyed Peas, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keyes....

sweet! another bsb fan! i went to 2 bsb concerts and 1 nsync concert. i was kinda far off at the backstreet boys one. for the nysnc concert my mom was trying to win tickets on the radio but she lost except the woman who won had one extra ticket so she let me go with them...DUDE it was so freaking close i could actually tell which was which by their faces! hahaha

p.s. i listen to the same stuff!

jane said:
And if anyone remembers Rancid, I used to go over to their bass player's house on Thursday nights to watch "E.R." Lord, that show has been on FOREVER, hasn't it?

I'm a huge Rancid fan! They're my favorite band along with A.F.I. Do you have any other Rancid stories? Did you ever meet Lars, Tim, or Matt? Details please. :lol:

i like any type of music(slow sappy ones,rnb,hi-hop,alternative,pop,jazz,chinese songs,japanese,..and the list goes on..n on') except!!!trance and country...unless it's tiesto,martina mcbride,shania twain and other lovely country singers..tee-hee..;)

Love 80's music, of course. My kids LOVE GreenDay! I really like the Foo Fighters, in terms of contemporary music. I also have my MP3 player filled with bootie-shakin music for when I exercise. Lots of rap, dance, hip-hop stuff.