What music/bands you you like?

ZooMom

Purseaholic
Dec 8, 2005
778
0
The Midwest
Ilike a wide variety..all time fave is Pink Floyd! Also love Gin Blossoms, GooGoo Dolls. Train. Toad the Wet Sprocket, Cold Play. I also like classic rock..Van Halen, Journey.
 

Cristina

Member
Oct 23, 2005
13,048
36
39
South Florida
jane said:
Jesus I feel old... I got into this music back in 1992, kids! Heh.

Let's see, one of my favorite stories is going to a Breeders show in Olympia in '93 (actually I was working the door for the promoter, stamping hands so I could get in free) and into the empty lobby of the theatre walks Kurt Cobain. I was too shy and lame to say anything, but he was very small and his eyes were paralyzingly blue. Poor Kurt. No, I didn't get to stamp his hand, or talk to him.

One of the last times I smoked pot was in 1994, and it was generously provided by Billie Joe from Green Day while we watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" in his very crappy apartment. I declined to use the four-foot tall bong, however. I was definitely not hard core enough for that.

And if anyone remembers Rancid, I used to go over to their bass player's house on Thursday nights to watch "E.R." Lord, that show has been on FOREVER, hasn't it?

There are a bunch of other stories, mainly involving bands that have been gone too long for anyone to remember.
Cool stories! I would have loved to see the Breeders :love: I missed the Pixies on tour recently, no one would go with me to see them :suspiciou And I love Rancid, I've seen them live a few times :biggrin:

I listen to.... Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, The Loved Ones, Autopilot Off, The Pixies, Radiohead, Tool, Bikini Kill, Fugazi, Hole, Nirvana, Bush, Lagwagon, NOFX, Strung Out, Rise Against, Rancid, Weezer, Goldfinger, Foo Fighters, Less Than Jake, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Depeche Mode, The Ataris, Bad Religion ........ the list could go on.
 

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
3,773
9
the all-american rejects, fall out boy, ok go, frou frou, imogen heap, the shins, kanye west, beyonce, the postal service, stars, halifax, hellogoodbye....and similar sorts

i also really love pop...like teeny bopper pop. i can't help it!! backstreet boys, ashlee simpson, jesse mccartney...:shame:
Yay, I love teeny bopper pop too. I love older Britney songs! :heart:

coldplay, something corporate, bayside, mae, weezer, head automatica, etc..
 

Eucci985

L V O E
O.G.
Nov 12, 2005
172
46
Texas
Queen - My absolute favorite without a doubt.
I also like Eve6, the Killers, Tom Petty, Warren Zevon, The Beatles, Brian Setzer, and a few miscellaneous Top 40 things too...
I do have a soft spot for the Backstreet Boys, though. :biggrin: lol
 

attorney-wife

Member
Jan 23, 2006
258
1
How could I forget the Backstreet Boys!!! I used to drive my best friend nuts, by insisting she was my concert buddy...Man the $$$$ I spent to get good seats to see the boys! Then again, I am her concert buddy...So my most recent concert was to see Constantine Maroulis fron A.Idol at the House of Blues..
 

Hoodster777

Sectumsempra
O.G.
Jan 9, 2006
2,051
0
34
Staten Island, New York
www.myspace.com
Alkaline Trio, Good Charlotte (I started listening to them like 8 months before "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" came out), Fall Out Boy (am I the only one that wants to strangle all of the kids that became fans when "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" came out? I've been a fan of them for like 2 years), Bright Eyes, Death Cab, Panic! At the Disco (omgggggggggg, one of the best bands ever!), Green Day (fan since I was 6 or 7, lol), The Killers (saw them in concert!), Tegan and Sara (also saw them the same day as The Killers), stuff like that.

And of course I still love my *NSYNC and all of the other pop that I listened to, if a song comes on and I remember the words, I'll start singing and dancing, lol.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
36
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Hoodster777 said:
Alkaline Trio, Good Charlotte (I started listening to them like 8 months before "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" came out), Fall Out Boy (am I the only one that wants to strangle all of the kids that became fans when "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" came out? I've been a fan of them for like 2 years), Bright Eyes, Death Cab, Panic! At the Disco (omgggggggggg, one of the best bands ever!), Green Day (fan since I was 6 or 7, lol), The Killers (saw them in concert!), Tegan and Sara (also saw them the same day as The Killers), stuff like that.

And of course I still love my *NSYNC and all of the other pop that I listened to, if a song comes on and I remember the words, I'll start singing and dancing, lol.
lol you can't like bright eyes and good charlotte at the same time, I WON'T LET YOU!!!
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
896
8
36
Oh man, I love just about everything.

Cursive, Death Cab for Cute ( and the postal service!!), Waiting for Autumn, .hopesfall. , Mew ( SO sweet and catchy), Coheed & Cambria, NFG, As I Lay Dying, Emery, Hellogoodbye, Further Seems Forever ( old stuff when Chris Carraba sang for them), Emery, Bright Eyes, My Morning Jacket, JOURNEY, The Rocket Summer, and Thursday ( I actually have their dove symbol as a tattoo!).

And I also love pop stuff like Kelly Clarkson, Ashlee Simpson, and Black-Eyed Peas. :-P
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
896
8
36
amanda said:
lol you can't like bright eyes and good charlotte at the same time, I WON'T LET YOU!!!
haha. It's bc Conor is such a pretty boyyyyyyyyyyy, he attracts the wrong crowd. :-P

I've actually seen him live, he has a great/interesting live show.

( he drinks.... a lot.)

I also wanted to force feed him a sandwhich, poor boy.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
36
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Dani said:
Oh man, I love just about everything.

Cursive, Death Cab for Cute ( and the postal service!!), Waiting for Autumn, .hopesfall. , Mew ( SO sweet and catchy), Coheed & Cambria, NFG, As I Lay Dying, Emery, Hellogoodbye, Further Seems Forever ( old stuff when Chris Carraba sang for them), Emery, JOURNEY, The Rocket Summer, and Thursday ( I actually have their dove symbol as a tattoo!).

And I also love pop stuff like Kelly Clarkson, Ashlee Simpson, and Black-Eyed Peas. :-P
ooo post a pic of the tattoo! i :heart: thursday, always have, and the couple dove tattoos i've seen have been gorgeous. i think my favorite was the dove with 'we will rise' written under it.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
36
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Dani said:
haha. It's bc Conor is such a pretty boyyyyyyyyyyy, he attracts the wrong crowd. :-P

I've actually seen him live, he has a great/interesting live show.

( he drinks.... a lot.)

I also wanted to force feed him a sandwhich, poor boy.
yeah i saw him a few months ago, i knew he drank but i was quite surprised at how inebriated he was, lol. and skinny, too. and he didn't sing 'a perfect sonnet,' so i wanted to punch him in the face.

otherwise a great show, though, hehe. feist and the magic numbers opened and they were awesome as well. i've loved him for years but am only recently old enough to get into his shows (i'm 20, but he hasn't come to Athens since i turned 18, and seeing him in Athens is 20x as good as seeing him in Atlanta), so i was quite excited to go.
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
896
8
36
amanda said:
ooo post a pic of the tattoo! i :heart: thursday, always have, and the couple dove tattoos i've seen have been gorgeous. i think my favorite was the dove with 'we will rise' written under it.
haha, I would- but it's on my lower hip ;)

It's really cute though, it's the dove on the cover of war all the time, and I got it in a henna color. It's my one and only tattoo ( TOO painful to do again.)

thanks though :smile:
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
36
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Dani said:
haha, I would- but it's on my lower hip ;)

It's really cute though, it's the dove on the cover of war all the time, and I got it in a henna color. It's my one and only tattoo ( TOO painful to do again.)

thanks though :smile:
ahh, understandable, i'm sure it's very pretty :smile:
 

Hoodster777

Sectumsempra
O.G.
Jan 9, 2006
2,051
0
34
Staten Island, New York
www.myspace.com
amanda said:
lol you can't like bright eyes and good charlotte at the same time, I WON'T LET YOU!!!
Lol, but I'm not one of those scary teenies that you see at shows, I listened to them before I saw how hot Joel is, lol. Its kind of funny- I saw GC the night before Chronicles came out (I won tickets) and I actually felt tall even though I'm like 5'3, lol.