What music/bands you you like?

There is a newer group, kind of rock but still many of their songs are slower, called Saving Jane. I love love love them. The lead singer is a girl who has an amazing voice. Have any of you heard of them? Their new song that is getting played some is called "I'm just the girl next door"

I'm a huge Rancid fan! They're my favorite band along with A.F.I. Do you have any other Rancid stories? Did you ever meet Lars, Tim, or Matt? Details please.

Ha. I used to know both Rancid and A.F.I. When I lived in Olympia I booked a couple of shows and organized Rancid's first show outside of CA. This was in 1993. They stayed at my house. So yes, I was friends with them, but never "close" friends. Matt was the guy I liked the most, as he had the least attitude. He's the one who watched TV with me and one one I talked to the most.

When I moved to Berkeley I was involved in the music scene in the mid-90s and saw AFI around frequently (they played a lot). Here is a photo I took at a wedding of my friend Andrew, Davey from AFI, and my friend Craig.

20095986_c951f7cabf_o.jpg

I have quite a few pictures of various members of Rancid, but they are of course all on paper and need to be scanned.

I don't talk to any of these people anymore, but it was a fun time to live in the East Bay.

Mariah - I've only been to 1 Nsync concert, too. Very cool that you got such great seats for it, though. It was nice of the woman to give you the ticket -- was she a friend of yours? I went to my 3rd BSB concert last August -- the previous 2 were actually of the same show, just in different venues (does that still count??):P
My seats have always been nosebleeds, so I have to rely on the big jumbo TV's to tell who's who. But...I got to meet Kevin when he was in SF promoting the play he was in (Chicago). It was one of the highlights of my life! :biggrin:

I have really mixed taste in music. I like to listen to:

Saves The Day
Dido
Stiff Little Fingers
Daft Punk
Jars of Clay
Ramones
Yellowcard
U2
The Corrs
Taking Back Sunday

I listen to Oldies or Classical music station all day on Winamp.