What LV bag have you regretted purchasing!

damier papillon 26, it was small IMO and it was difficult to access....
i had it exchanged for a damier speedy 30 so now i have no more regrets

One definite regret and one maybe regret. I definitely regret buying the perfo pouchette--it's just too small (even for evening almost). My maybe regret is my first bag the Franges MC Speedy in white--not that I don't love the bag but now that I have seen and carressed so many more LVs I realize I could have had three bags for the price of this one. I'll probaby sell the pouchette when I sell all the bags I never use anymore:P

It's very pretty - but it would have to be my Babylone. I have the older style with the cowhide interior and it is SO HEAVY! It's just gorgeous and the shape is perfect, size is great. But the darn thing is so heavy even without anything in it. When it put my stuff in it, it drives me nuts. But it's very pretty and the patina is perfect so I can't bring myself to sell it. Silly, hey?

I have to say my mono pochette, though it's a good size for when I'm on the run, I'm just not in love with it :s . I want to sell it once I've found my next target :graucho:

It must be Mono Papillon 30. I havent used it much, hate it when it doesnt keep the shape etc. :sad:
Other one is Mc Mini Hl, I got it as a surprise-present from my dad. I love the way it looks, but it's just way too small. It's only a party-time bag.

Still, I'm not going to sell any of my bags. They are all MINE :P

:wtf: I was intending to purchase the Petite Bucket after my purse ban..................... I thought with the feet, the base would not scratch as easily.... but, other Petite Bucket owners, can you tell me if it really scratches and shows really easily?

Well, the texture of the feet is flattening on mine...like the base of the feet is getting smoothed down (I hope that description wasn't confusing!). But I don't take scratches and flattening into consideration because you can always get that fixed...and it just grows on me. I don't think it looks obvious at all. I feel the same with the bottom leather trim; it is prone to getting dirty, although I try to be fastidious about it. What I care more about is the lining and the canvas. ;)

believe or not, my black epi bucket. thought that i would eventually grow to love the look but it has been sitting in my closet shelf untouched. it is totally not my style.:crybaby: but... i do love my epi agenda:love:

I'd love to have your bucket, hehe. :graucho: Just playing...I'll try to buy one off ebay if I really want it one of these days (gotta get another bag first!).

As for the bag I regret...hhmmm...maybe a couple of the vintage bags with dirty patina! I was a newbie and I didn't know that dirty patina was difficult/impossible to remove! And...hate to say this...my retail LV (only did it twice!). The in-store experience is great and all, but I know I could get a better deal off ebay (risks aside...).

I regretted buying a mono speedy 30 so I ended up selling it....only because I make it a point of not carrying logo bags to make myself less of a target for muggings. I did love how versatile it was, but I just didn't feel right carrying it while walking past a group of drug addicts or homeless people (tons in Boston and I feel guilty carrying a blatant LV in front of people that don't even have $ for a decent meal).

I did not enjoy carrying my Mono Alma...like everyone else...the vachetta dear..it was impossible not to get soemthing on the bottom!! I also did not care for the white MC speedy...its so gorgeous to look at but I really did not like all of the gold hardware :sad:

Hhmm, I'm starting to have second thoughts about Petit bucket :crybaby:It has been on the top of my want-list (or the cerises one), but I really dont know anymore.
I'm not so careful with my bags, so maybe the vachette bottom is just not for me :shrugs:

Or then, I just have to get it and not to think about the dirty bottom :rolleyes:

What a great thread. You can learn a lot about all the other pieces just by reading through everyone's post.

My list:
1. Boite Flacons beauty case. Ended up a white elephant, too heavy to lug around on travels, too expensive to just sit on my vanity. Beautiful to look at, but you can waltz into any LV store and admire the trunks and cases there for FREE, so I sold it.

2. Keepall 55. Magnet for thieves in airports. Mine was nearly slashed and I never used it again. Regretfully.

3. Mono Umbrella. What was I thinking??? But at least if I was mugged, i can hit the robber with it....so I console myself.

4. Mono Alma. Vachetta. 'Nuff said.

5. Mono Mini Speedy. Too tiny.

6. Mono Speedy 25. Too small. Changed to 30 and was happy.

7. Mono Leonor. Another white elephant.

8. Special order Damier Looping. The shoulder strap just isn't that great for shoulders.

And hopefully this is it for me.

:wtf: I was intending to purchase the Petite Bucket after my purse ban..................... I thought with the feet, the base would not scratch as easily.... but, other Petite Bucket owners, can you tell me if it really scratches and shows really easily?

For me, the base (bottom where the "feet" are) of the bag was fine...no scratches or signs of wear, but the leather trim (vachetta) on the bottom of the bag drove me nuts! It showed signs of dirt and scuffs from bumping into things while shopping (i.e. shopping cart at the supermarket).

I did love that bag, it felt very comfortable wearing it on the shoulder and held all of my things but I like my bags to look decent with a nice patina, not dirty and abused. :smile:

The FIRST time I carried my mono alma was to the mall. I purchased something from Marshall Field's (known as Macy's now in my state). Well, Marshall Field's had the green bags and the dye from the bag transferred over to the vachetta trim on the bottom of my alma on the side that was rubbing against the bag! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I was horrified!
I knew this wasn't the bag for me because it would end up looking dirty after a short time so I ended up selling it on ebay and taking a loss of $200.

I have to say, I looovvve the look of the vachetta trim, so now I stick to bags that have the trim on the handles or thin trimming like on the speedy or manhattan pm.