What is the return policy?

Anyone with experience with Dior hardware, do you know what could possibly have happened in production to make the charms completely covered in dents like that? Or any ideas on how to get new charms? Perhaps a boutique would be kinder about the situation, but since it was purchased online I don't know. I am afraid to send it in for repair because they might damage the leather in the process per other experiences with repairs posted here.
the charms are in ridiculously bad condition.
Anyone with experience with Dior hardware, do you know what could possibly have happened in production to make the charms completely covered in dents like that? Or any ideas on how to get new charms? Perhaps a boutique would be kinder about the situation, but since it was purchased online I don't know. I am afraid to send it in for repair because they might damage the leather in the process per other experiences with repairs posted here.
The condition is ridiculously bad. Unfortunately I think they do have a policy of requiring the entire bag to be sent in - I tried to send a detachable strap for repair and they said I've to send the bag too because the authenticity code is on the bag and they want to check that the colour of the strap matches the bag (presumably to check that the strap is authentic). Although in your case I'm not sure why they need the pouch in order to check whether the charms are authentic since there is no "colour matching". Seems like your best remaining option is to go to a boutique and try to persuade them to help you get the charms exchanged without having to send in the pouch (if they say that's required, ask them to rationalise why and not just because its "policy"). But if they are adamant, guess you may just have to take the risk.

Reactions: citybag1
the charms are in ridiculously bad condition.

The condition is ridiculously bad. Unfortunately I think they do have a policy of requiring the entire bag to be sent in - I tried to send a detachable strap for repair and they said I've to send the bag too because the authenticity code is on the bag and they want to check that the colour of the strap matches the bag (presumably to check that the strap is authentic). Although in your case I'm not sure why they need the pouch in order to check whether the charms are authentic since there is no "colour matching". Seems like your best remaining option is to go to a boutique and try to persuade them to help you get the charms exchanged without having to send in the pouch (if they say that's required, ask them to rationalise why and not just because its "policy"). But if they are adamant, guess you may just have to take the risk.
Ok thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!

I abuse my mini lady dior (6 year old now) and the charms definitely have some minor fine scratches if look carefully, but not noticeable at all in photos like the one you took. I believe you have to send in the whole bag even just for them to replace the charms.

Reactions: citybag1
Ok thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!

Is it possible they were supposed to look distressed? I mean, they would have each been produced separately so, if they all look like that then they were either intentionally made to look like that or something happened to they after the were assembled which would be odd because there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the bag.

Is it possible they were supposed to look distressed? I mean, they would have each been produced separately so, if they all look like that then they were either intentionally made to look like that or something happened to they after the were assembled which would be odd because there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the bag.
From looking at the charms of other Lady Dior's on purseforum and reviews on youtube it seems they are supposed to be always smooth rather than distressed. If it was just one or two scratches I would understand but they are absolutely covered in them. Since I ordered it at the beginning of the pandemic at first I wondered if some cleaning chemical had been applied to it in the factory that degraded the metal but when I looked at the serial number and code which says when it was produced, it was made in late 2019. My guess is that maybe the machine that makes the charms messed up but they decided to keep it to sell with the bag anyway? It's as if Dior has decided that it's ok to sell defective items on the online boutique.

The stories in this thread are really disheartening. I can also attest to receiving subpar product from the online store. I received a saddle bag from the online store that had obvious markings/damage on it in 2021, but they were willing to exchange it (only once). I'm shocked that they aren't honoring their own policies anymore. Is that even legal??

I've been considering buying a new bag recently, but I'm certainly thinking twice now.

Reactions: Dinky22
I've only bought one item from Dior's online store, but I had to buy it twice.

First time I bought it, the item was shipped out. Then Dior recalled it, supposedly because the shipper reported that the parcel was damaged. Dior reshipped and then the parcel was returned to them before delivery. According to Dior, they have no idea why it was returned, but since company policy says they cannot do a delivery again, they cancelled my order. I was out the delivery charges and the tax.

I had to place an order again and luckily this time it reached its destination.

• Wow
Reactions: 880 and lulu212121
Hello, tomorrow I’ll be exchanging the Large Book Tote for a Medium. My husband gifted it to me 2 days ago, and didn’t realise I wanted the medium. I know I’ll be fine to exchange to the smaller size, but it is also $200 cheaper. Will they refund the $200 difference? There is nothing in Dior for $200 or less (Australia). Thanks for any advice!

Hello, tomorrow I’ll be exchanging the Large Book Tote for a Medium. My husband gifted it to me 2 days ago, and didn’t realise I wanted the medium. I know I’ll be fine to exchange to the smaller size, but it is also $200 cheaper. Will they refund the $200 difference? There is nothing in Dior for $200 or less (Australia). Thanks for any advice!
If you have the receipt and the original form of payment (i.e. the credit card that your husband used), then they should refund the $200 (I'm assuming that the return policy is the same as in Canada, which is within 30 days of purchase). Otherwise, you can buy a Mitzah scarf for a bit over $200 to wrap the front handle and personalize your medium book tote.

If you have the receipt and the original form of payment (i.e. the credit card that your husband used), then they should refund the $200 (I'm assuming that the return policy is the same as in Canada, which is within 30 days of purchase). Otherwise, you can buy a Mitzah scarf for a bit over $200 to wrap the front handle and personalize your medium book tote.
Perfect, thanks for the info. I hope that’s the case! The mitzah here are over $400 AUD, so worst case I’ll do that. Thank you!

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Dior allows exchanges in home country if your purchase was bought overseas? My bf bought me the lady Dior in London, but it’s not the color I wanted. Does anyone know if I could bring it to my local (Singapore) Dior boutique and get it exchanged? Thanks in advance for your input!

I was in Dior Harrods and they told me for limited edition items they won’t even do a return for exchange! For mainline items they will do an exchange within 14 days. But for anything seasonal/limited edition there is no option at all you buy the bag or item and you’re stuck with it if any change of heart!

A lot of the items I happened to be interested in were seasonal from fall 2023 India inspired collection or spring Plan de Paris etc..

So then the option is to buy everything online as at least there’s a 30 day return policy but reading this thread seems there’s a lot of issues with online purchasing as well.

I’m curious is this a global policy? Seems crazy to me that even an exchange won’t be accepted!

I was in Dior Harrods and they told me for limited edition items they won’t even do a return for exchange! For mainline items they will do an exchange within 14 days. But for anything seasonal/limited edition there is no option at all you buy the bag or item and you’re stuck with it if any change of heart!

A lot of the items I happened to be interested in were seasonal from fall 2023 India inspired collection or spring Plan de Paris etc..

So then the option is to buy everything online as at least there’s a 30 day return policy but reading this thread seems there’s a lot of issues with online purchasing as well.

I’m curious is this a global policy? Seems crazy to me that even an exchange won’t be accepted!
I think it depends on your SA. Bought this limited edition pearl bag last week, and my SA told me returns/refund policy will not apply to any limited/seasonal pieces. But offered to do it for me image.jpgone time if I happen to change my mind!

I can't believe this just happened to me. I returned a bag that had obvious wrinkles on the back and I let them know that when I called customer service for return. Anyways, they said okay so I thought all was good, 3 weeks later I got the bag back without any email notifying me it was getting sent back. I have received a letter saying the bag was not in perfect condition (you mean the wrinkles??!!) when examined by their quality control team. They packed the bag in a way that was horrendous. The strap that I wrapped so nicely and separately from the bag, I got back stuffed inside the bag with the rest of the stuffing. I don't think I will ever buy from e-commerce/online ever again! The rumor is true they suck!

I used to think that won't ever happen to me but it just did :annoyed:

Reactions: Dinky22