What is the return policy?

I blame (1) influencer returns and (2) scammers swapping counterfeits out for authentic item for ruining the ease of online return processes with luxury brands. At this point, I refuse to order online unless they offer in-store pick up for inspection in front of a sales associate. I've unfortunately purchased one too many returns by mistake, mostly for being rushed in my purchasing. Best of luck with your case!

I'm sorry this happened to you, I had the same thing happen with the Lady Dior Pouch. I ordered it from the Dior online store and it arrived defective. They refused to honor their return policy and I got stuck with a very expensive defective bag. Dior is terrible. I called and emailed them so many times but it didn't work. Dior is extremely rude. Never ordered from them again. A total rip off.

This is so disappointing. I am so wary of ordering two sizes of the same item for trying on for this exact reason, all it takes it one difficult person in the returns department to turn it into a nightmare. So sorry that you are going through this, especially with a brand like Dior, who you automatically expect stellar service from. Please keep us all updated. I definitely won't be ordering Dior online any time soon!

These reviews are all over TPF and also other sites, same story over and over. At what point is this no longer poor customer service and more like a scam?!?!
I agree it has become a total scam. They fully know they are ripping off customers by selling poor quality products for ridiculous prices under the guise of "luxury."

Reactions: Dinky22
I'm sorry this happened to you, I had the same thing happen with the Lady Dior Pouch. I ordered it from the Dior online store and it arrived defective. They refused to honor their return policy and I got stuck with a very expensive defective bag. Dior is terrible. I called and emailed them so many times but it didn't work. Dior is extremely rude. Never ordered from them again. A total rip off.
If the pouch had tags attached why not simply return it?

If the pouch had tags attached why not simply return it?
They did not let me return it even though the tags were attached. That's why I got stuck with it. Like Net-a-Porter often does now, they are reluctant to accept returns even though they are supposed to according to their policy. They won't acknowledge that they have defective products and won't honor their return policy.

They did not let me return it even though the tags were attached. That's why I got stuck with it. Like Net-a-Porter often does now, they are reluctant to accept returns even though they are supposed to according to their policy. They won't acknowledge that they have defective products and won't honor their return policy.
That's probably illegal. Can you dispute it with your credit card company?

That's probably illegal. Can you dispute it with your credit card company?
This occurred in 2020 so unfortunately it is too late for that. I should have disputed it with my credit card company but I didn't. It was at the beginning of the pandemic so I wasn't thinking hard enough about it because of the stress. I had to do a chargeback with Net-a-Porter once after they refused a return so not sure why I didn't think of that.

This occurred in 2020 so unfortunately it is too late for that. I should have disputed it with my credit card company but I didn't. It was at the beginning of the pandemic so I wasn't thinking hard enough about it because of the stress. I had to do a chargeback with Net-a-Porter once after they refused a return so not sure why I didn't think of that.
I'm so sorry this happened to you, I didn't realize it wasn't recent.

Reactions: citybag1
I wanted to warn others about terrible quality control and non-existent customer service from the Dior online store. In May 2020 I purchased the Lady Dior Pouch for $1650. When I looked the other day and saw the price had risen to $2100 I thought I had to make this post.

I wanted the Lady Dior Pouch as I like the cannage quilting more than Chanel’s and the better price point (at the time) and I didn’t have a bag of that size and style. I had also watched handbag reviews online where several people said that Dior was good quality. So I thought the expensive price would be worth it. I bought it during the beginning of the pandemic, when Dior had an adjusted return policy due to the situation which was clearly stated on their website at the time of purchase.

When I first got the bag I loved the quality of the leather so much that I didn’t think to examine the hardware. Then one day I looked at the hardware, specifically the charms, and was extremely disappointed to see that they had tiny dents or marks all over them. The plastic was still on the charms and I hadn’t used the bag even once so it is clearly a bad defect.

I contacted Dior for a return (I was still within the return period). Dior told me they decided not to honor the return policy given on their website when I made the purchase (the customer service agent actually acknowledged that Dior was refusing to honor their own return policy). So then after several failed emails and calls I asked that if I couldn’t return it could I at least receive new charms. I told them I would send the defective charms to them first. But they refused that too and then said that I would have to send the whole Pouch in for repair. Repair? That I would have to pay for? The charms came defective! Plus I didn’t want to risk sending in the whole bag with a chance of the leather being messed up for charms that detach from the bag! In the end they refused to resolve the situation. I had several emails and calls with them and they were so incredibly rude. So I got stuck with a $1650 bag with terrible hardware. I was shocked just how rude Dior are for a “luxury” company. I recommend being very, very cautious with the Dior online store as they do not stand behind their policies or their products.

Last edited:
Anyone with experience with Dior hardware, do you know what could possibly have happened in production to make the charms completely covered in dents like that? Or any ideas on how to get new charms? Perhaps a boutique would be kinder about the situation, but since it was purchased online I don't know. I am afraid to send it in for repair because they might damage the leather in the process per other experiences with repairs posted here.

To Citybag1: My opinion is take very good photos/video of the bag while in the boutique when you send it out for charm repair. The photos and videos will prove perfect leather condition should anything go wrong. But I wouldn’t worry, I’ve sent two leather goods out before with no issues. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, it’s very uncommon in my experience, but hopefully you’ll end up with brand new set of charms. That’s what I’d expect. You may have to pay for the service which is unfortunate, but for future reference, don’t wait this long. The sooner during purchase the better. Even with photos etc at time of purchase, still not as good as going to boutique right at the time or as close to the time of purchase as possible. Even during the same year, more likely would be repaired at no cost. That’s my experience at least. Good luck.

Last edited:
To Citybag1: My opinion is take very good photos/video of the bag while in the boutique when you send it out for charm repair. The photos and videos will prove perfect leather condition should anything go wrong. But I wouldn’t worry, I’ve sent two leather goods out before with no issues. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, it’s very uncommon in my experience, but hopefully you’ll end up with brand new set of charms. That’s what I’d expect. You may have to pay for the service which is unfortunate, but for future reference, don’t wait this long. The sooner during purchase the better. Even with photos etc at time of purchase, still not as good as going to boutique right at the time or as close to the time of purchase as possible. Even during the same year, more likely would be repaired at no cost. That’s my experience at least. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!