What is the most that you'd spend on a handbag?

I love this place!! I've been criticized a lot for owning a Birkin, my friends told me I would look so snobby carrying it.. but I've decided it's time it comes out of the closet!:cutesy: My future mother in-law is wonderful and extremely generous and loves purses more than anyone I've ever met.. Hermes in Paris know her on a first name basis and she doesn't even live in France.

It's pink, and am excited to post pictures now:yes: will try to soon, and I'll ask my mom if I can take a picture of the handbag I got her :smile:

It's pink, and I will post pictures as soon as I get the chance! (got excited:P )

you got your future MIL a birkin?! :wtf: whoa!

the most i gave my MIL was a coach purse and I thought that was a pretty generous gesture... more power to ya!

hi ladies, lately i found myself buying bags on sale or desperately searching for coupons to get a discount. i used to buy bags at full price without raising an eyebrow but nowadays i can't justify buying a bag full price anymore. so questions,

would you buy a bag full price?

what's the most that you would spend on a full priced bag?

do you feel better if you got a sick deal on a bag, but from last season or even older?

i hope im not the only one wondering about this:confused1:

I'm so used to buying and selling on eBay that buying a bag "full price" at Nordstoms, etc., seems funny to me, but I suppose I'd do it, if I just couldn't find it anywhere else. I've bought so many fine new 100% authentic Koobas, Fiores, etc., on eBay that I don't know if I could walk into a Nordstroms and pay $800 for a bag.

I used to buy a lot of Coach purses. I think I only bought 2 or 3 at full price. All the others came from the outlets. Once I found this place I have only bought a few at full price. My most expensive full price bag is my Gucci boston bag. I paid almost $1200. There is a new Gucci from the new fall line that I am in love with. I haven't bought it yet. I just can't bring myself to pay full price for it.

I am a huge Chanel girl and my most expensive has been close to $2400 if I remember correctly. I don't particuarly have a limit but I am particular about what I buy... and I'd never spend that much on a trendy bag. I am huge on classics.

If i had unlimited funds i'm afraid to think of it LOL
Right now my pricest was my LV mono speedy 30. I would go for a few of the bags i love for 1300 usd or so if i came into some money. I don;t think i could ever spend 8000 though LOL But to those that can ando more power to ya!

wow, i didn't kno people's limits were set THAT high!! or if there was a limit to begin with!:shocked:

im a sucker for good deals and i would sometimes rationalize my purchases. but the bottom line is, if it's something that i dont' like, i won't buy it even it's $10.

Most of the bags that I buy are classics, so there is no chance that I can get a bag less than the full price. I want to try to find a bag on ebay but can't stop thinking of getting scammed out of some serious $$$!! I think the most to pay for a bag is no more than $2000 but I am eyeing a chanel that is $2200 :crybaby:

it depends on the brands, max around US$6000 (ex: hermes), i usually buy bags that have a high resale value, just in case i get bored, i can always sell them. and yes i always buy bags at full price (i buy the classic line), bec' if it's on sale, it's already last season

Okay...The most I've ever spent was on my LV Blue Epi Petit Noe -- in the high 700's. My Gucci messenger was $725 I think.

But I'm in a new moment now. Only sales for me. I am not interested in paying full price anymore for anything. My handbag tastes have changed too. I'm leaving the big commercial designers behind (LV, Gucci, etc.) and going for the more eclectic brands which I will buy on sale. I am also becoming attacted to lower priced brands, such as Furla. I think I am just tired of spending so much on handbags, that my priorities have changed, that I have so many lovely handbags already to enjoy...and that sale prices and outlets justify my continuing collection. I don't "need" another thing.

as much as how much i wanted the bag. but that involves considerating the brand, lasting time, quality, design.
i mostly buy used bags, but i've been buying some rare coveted handbags too that costs me more than the retail price.

When I became interested, I bought bags at full retail. I.e bags for $ 1700. But now I have found a terrific second hand shop where I buy authentic, pre-loved bags (very well taken care off) and I buy Louis Vuitton and Chloé's for 40 % off retail. Of course they aren't new, but they are classics and have many many years left.