What is most expensive piece of arm candy you've purchased & did you tell hubby?

i have a Q for all you ladies who say you didnt tell your DHs how does that work? is it cause you just use your own income thats in a dif acct? or they just dont notice on the CC bills or what :smile: just curious

My husband and I have very different incomes (mine is higher) and for him $200 is a splurge (as it was for me at one point. H*ll, $25 was a splurge for me.)

We contribute to the household based on our income. and though we do have a joint account for household needs, we keep separate personal accounts and credit cards. This works for us. I don't question his $200 splurges and he doesn't question my $2000. But, I tend to keep my $2000 ones secret because they would seem *so* extravagant to him even though it takes me the same amount of time to make $2000 as it takes him to make $200. It would almost feel like flaunting or maybe it would make him feel bad because he can't afford to buy me the bags.

That's just me. I'm sure other women work it out within their marriage differently.

haha well i def. cant hold a candle to the thousands you ladies spend on purses,
my most expensive was prob $550,,, and that broke my bank for a LOONG time,
but i have a bad habit of thinking its ok to buy a whole lot of $250-300 bags which wind up adding up so i would say in 2 weeks i have before spent about $650 on bags and thats so bad for me!!!!

Slush, you make me laugh - that sounds just like me!!

Right now my priciest bags are two of Celine's limited-edition Art School Boogies, and DH was there when they were boxed up for me. Sadly the lone Boogie Bonheur available in France was sold the moment it hit the floor, so I needed something to pick me up after that disappointment.

Hi! I do have a DH & no we don't have separate accounts. But I do ALL the bills, so DH never knows!
Not the healthiest way to handle finances but DH would just get antsy about knowing the real price. He knows Chanel & LV isn't cheap, he just doesn't know the ACTUAL price. If we can afford it I do it & don't feel badly. I do feel badly when I charge massive cc debt though!

FORGOT TO QUOTE MESSAGE BUT THIS IS AN ANSWER TO ANOTHER POSTER WONDERING ABOUT HOW WE SPEND W/O DH KNOWING!

The most I've ever spent on a bag was for my apple green Mulberry Tooled Bayswater, which I bought on a trip to Europe at full retail. (I did get the VAT refunded, though, so it was somewhat discounted. And when I declared it at customs, the agent didn't seem to know what a Mulberry was so they didn't charge me any duties.)

Usually I only buy designer bags when they go on sale. I didn't even really know anything about Mulberrys before seeing it, but when I spotted this in a window it was just love at first sight. And I don't have a husband but my bf also didn't ask about the price.

I have a friend who has a clever strategy for dealing with her husband when it comes to her extravagant handbag purchases - she tells him that they are fakes (though they are real)! Kind of ironic, huh? :lol:

OK, I have a BF but not a DH (yet!). $1700 on a Prada leather gauffre tote. He signed for the package at my house but didn't open it (came from BG) and didn't even ask what it was! So I didn't tell him straight up but it's my $$ and he probably knows anyway, ha!

The most I have ever forked out was €375 + shipping = €405 for a 50% off black Mulberry Bayswater last year. I've wanted one for years and at 50% off I just couldn't let it pass. I fessed up on the price, but only because it was such a bargain!!

Bayswater006.jpg

My most expensive bag is my Mulberry Fitzrovia in Chester, USD 1720. I tried to stretch the truth a bit, but he caught me anyway, by reading a post in Purse Forum where I stated the cost. But he was fine about it, he knew I wanted her really, really bad... And I love her to death! :love:

hmmmm.... £495 for my bayswater... I also pull the same trick that Miri's friend does - I always tell my other half that it's fake or that I bought in the sale (at much greater discount than I really did)... He would have a heart attack if he knew how much bags cost and even though its my money it's not worth the hassle fessing up. All my friends are under strict instructions never to talk about bag prices when he's around!

koodos to all you ladies who got their significant other to buy these high-end purses for you!

my husband knows every time i buy a new purse... he's usually there with me when i buy them! he's not too into details so he usually doesn'ty ask how much i spend on each... the few times he did ask i would say, "do you really want to know?" and he'll just say, "you're right, nevermind!...

in all fairness to me, i am really good with money.. my car is paid off.. i owe nothing on all but one of my credit cards... and i was able to buy a house before getting married... all that with a humble salary!

he also knows that i (almost) never buy anything full price ;)

My most expensive has been my jade/teal colored Botkier Bianca for $600. The soft leater and suede lining reminds me of more expensive bags.

I saw the most beautiful Bottega bag at the store that I really want but there is no way DH will deal with the $4,000 price tag. it was in gray sting ray. Really unique texture in a classic shaped tote with a single braided handle. Haven't been able to find a pic of it anywhere.

My DH knows I like expensive bags but as long as I don't bring us into debt and stay within my "allowance" he doesn't say anything anymore.