What Do You Think of the Larger Fobs and Charms?

View attachment 3642876 Thank you Whateve for reminding me of the colorful tea charm! I recently picked up the Beechwood Nomad and was trying to figure out what charm to put on it....And I actually love the bags with the flowers, not overkill for me!

That's gorgeous! I really think that Nomads work well with larger, more ornate charms!

And that's why it's a good thing that coach makes so many different bags - because we have different tastes, enjoy your tea roses!

Reactions: K.E.W. and Chihua5
The color changes with the lighting but it is more of a putty color than gray; keep looking and maybe you will get your special charm someday.

You may remember that I finally got my Koi fob for a great price, so it can happen!
I remember when you got your Koi! I had bought mine a week earlier and thought I got a great price until you got a better one! However, later I found the charm version for a mere $27.50!

Reactions: katev
Thanks! This is my first tea rose item (except for a ring that I picked up at the outlet a few months ago).

I don't much care for the bags that seem to be covered with flowers although I know that they are very popular. But I really like the flower accents just on the strap and fob on such a large, plain bag!

I love the way that you are planning your birthday gift early - it's kind of like eating dessert first!
I agree -- I find it's overkill with the exterior of the bags inundated with Tea Roses ... but as an accent they really shine. I didn't think about this until I just saw the zoomed in version of yours on the plain (Beechwood?) leather! Excluding the floral strap, I mean.

You know, you did a similar theme with your Red bag (forgot which model), but I can visualize the Red
That's gorgeous! I really think that Nomads work well with larger, more ornate charms!

And that's why it's a good thing that coach makes so many different bags - because we have different tastes, enjoy your tea roses!

Speaking of Nomads doing well with ornate charms, just a few posts north of this one is the pic of your Red Carmine Nomad with those adorable ice skates...a great example of what you're saying! That ice skate charm is also a MUST for me -- I think there are one or two pricey ones currently on EBay, but the sellers know it's in demand, I'm sure.

You know, you did a similar theme with your Red bag (forgot which model), but I can visualize the Red

Speaking of Nomads doing well with ornate charms, just a few posts north of this one is the pic of your Red Carmine Nomad with those adorable ice skates...a great example of what you're saying! That ice skate charm is also a MUST for me -- I think there are one or two pricey ones currently on EBay, but the sellers know it's in demand, I'm sure.
I'll never part with my ice skates. For once, I made a good decision and bought them when they first came out. The total I paid was under $47. I might have used a PCE. There is a Japanese seller who often has hard to find keychains at prices that are a little more reasonable and once in a while you'll find a seller who doesn't know what they are worth and prices them low, but you'll have to act fast. There was a listing a few months ago that was under $65, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: katev and K.E.W.
I recently returned from a business trip to Honolulu and while I was there I stopped in at the flagship Coach store in Waikiki near the Outrigger Hotel. The shopping in that area is amazing with stores like Cartier, Prada, Rolex, and more. There are 3 Coach boutique stores in close proximity. I didn't have an opportunity to get to the more distant outlet store.

I brought my Christmas present Coach gift card with me and the store I visited was very nice and the staff were pleasant. I saw some lovely items but I didn't buy anything, but I was again surprised by the size of many of the newer fobs. I thought that some of them were beautiful and well-made but just too big (and sometimes too expensive!) for my tastes.

Am I just out of style? Do most coachies prefer these bigger fobs nowadays? Are other brands making these larger fobs, too?

I'll never part with my ice skates. For once, I made a good decision and bought them when they first came out. The total I paid was under $47. I might have used a PCE. There is a Japanese seller who often has hard to find keychains at prices that are a little more reasonable and once in a while you'll find a seller who doesn't know what they are worth and prices them low, but you'll have to act fast. There was a listing a few months ago that was under $65, if I recall correctly.

Thx for the heads up!

IMG_1128.JPG
I recently returned from a business trip to Honolulu and while I was there I stopped in at the flagship Coach store in Waikiki near the Outrigger Hotel. The shopping in that area is amazing with stores like Cartier, Prada, Rolex, and more. There are 3 Coach boutique stores in close proximity. I didn't have an opportunity to get to the more distant outlet store.

I brought my Christmas present Coach gift card with me and the store I visited was very nice and the staff were pleasant. I saw some lovely items but I didn't buy anything, but I was again surprised by the size of many of the newer fobs. I thought that some of them were beautiful and well-made but just too big (and sometimes too expensive!) for my tastes.

Am I just out of style? Do most coachies prefer these bigger fobs nowadays? Are other brands making these larger fobs, too?

Last edited:
There's a listing on eBay right now for the skates fob @ $228!!!! :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Reactions: whateve and katev