What are some of your unpopular Chanel opinions?

I'm obsessed withe the custom jewlery even though I hear so many say they are not worth it, the material is not worth the cost, etc. I love how each piece are unique and can elevate my outfit when I'm wearing something simple. They also have different designs every collectioni and I always look forward to what they come out with.

Bags are ok...they are pretty much the same every season besides material/color so I don't care too much for.

I'm obsessed withe the custom jewlery even though I hear so many say they are not worth it, the material is not worth the cost, etc. I love how each piece are unique and can elevate my outfit when I'm wearing something simple. They also have different designs every collectioni and I always look forward to what they come out with.

Bags are ok...they are pretty much the same every season besides material/color so I don't care too much for.
I agree!

The new Kelly bag to me looks like when the old longchamp tote was folded up - does anyone else see that?
OMG so glad I’m not the only one who thinks so! When I first saw it on a reseller’s ig story, my first thought was “where is the rest of the bag?”

Some of my unpopular opinions: the Coco Handle is unattractive, Chanel should stop trying to do chevron leather; to me it’s just so synonymous with YSL that I can’t unsee it, and every pink Chanel bag (no matter the shade) reminds me of Pepto Bismol. I just don’t think pink leather is in Chanel’s wheelhouse.

People who say they "only buy vintage because it's better quality" are not telling the whole truth. You would buy new if they were 5k instead of 10k. They hold up a lambskin bag with flat quilts and creases and go on and on about how the hardware is gold plated. Ok but what about the rest of the bag?
This is pretty funny, and true for some cases.

I have to admit though, I wholeheartedly believe that vintage was better quality and I prefer flatter quilts (my unpopular opinion here awhile back was that the new ones are getting so puffy they’re starting to look like balloon animals), so I‘d still probably go vintage even if the new bags were $5K. Plus that way I also get to miss sorting through all the lopsided flaps in the boutique while the SA tries to convince me they‘re imperfect because they‘re handmade. :angel:

People who say they "only buy vintage because it's better quality" are not telling the whole truth. You would buy new if they were 5k instead of 10k. They hold up a lambskin bag with flat quilts and creases and go on and on about how the hardware is gold plated. Ok but what about the rest of the bag?
I have to say, from my experience, the vintage (before 2000) and older (before 2014) were made in better quality, because the gold plate on hardware were much thicker not like today's new bags, the gold plate fade so fast only after few times use, the older bags quilting were made perfectly, every one of vintage and older bags I had bought was like that. Can't say it's the case of today's bags. I recently bought 2 brand new bags, very disappointed with the quality.

This is pretty funny, and true for some cases.

I have to admit though, I wholeheartedly believe that vintage was better quality and I prefer flatter quilts (my unpopular opinion here awhile back was that the new ones are getting so puffy they’re starting to look like balloon animals), so I‘d still probably go vintage even if the new bags were $5K. Plus that way I also get to miss sorting through all the lopsided flaps in the boutique while the SA tries to convince me they‘re imperfect because they‘re handmade. :angel:
Balloon animals, lol! Agreed!