Weird Question......

CA-Anonymous

Kelly B.
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
----- Do you wear or hold your bags on your dominant arm/hand (the hand you write with)??

I'm a leftie and never even thought twice about this but when I was in the Coach store last night trying some bags on I put them on my left shoulder and then started to think about why I do that.

A lot of lefties (including me) wear their watches on their right (opposite) wrist, so if I were following form, it seems only natural that I should be wearing my purse on my right shoulder rather than my left but I wear my purses on the same shoulder as my writing hand. Also, I now realize that when I stoop over to sign something and my bag is on my shoulder, it always falls off, but if I wore my bag on my opposite shoulder that wouldn't happen. I tried on a purse just now on my opposite (right) shoulder and it felt REALLY STRANGE, don't know if I could get used to that.
So what does everyone else do???..... Like I said, weird question, but now I can't stop wondering about this.:confused1:

I guess I am an ambidextrious coach wear-er...lol! I've got two kids, so which ever arm is free to fling the other one out to grab them works for me! Tee hee hee!

I'm right handed, but wear my watch on my right hand and I carry my shoulder bags on my left shoulder - every now and then I'll try to switch to the right side to give my shoulder a break if it's a heavy bag, but I have an even harder time keeping a bag on that shoulder. FYI - I do know that most right handed people wear their watches on their left wrist so I'm odd there (no idea why - have always done that) but not sure about the shoulder thing.

I am a leftie as well. I have always worn my bags on my right shoulder. Try it for a few days and see if you can get used to it. It is so much easier to carry your bag on the opposite shoulder of the hand you write with. The bag doesn't fall off that often. Hope this helps!

I'm left-handed and generally fairly ambidextrous. I learned to adapt to the right-handed world a long time ago, but I still stronly favor my left! I do wear my watch on my left arm, unlike a lot of lefties, and like you, I also carry the bag on my left shoulder. This typically means that bags I purchase get the hang tags relocated to other side of the bag where I can watch them (to prevent theft)! I also can't for the life of me keep the bag on my right shoulder either!! I can carry it on my right arm, though.

Right-handed here...
Shoulder bags on right shoulder...
Wristlet/clutch in left hand...
Bracelets on right wrist...
Watches on left wrist...
I have a history of rotator cuff injury on my left shoulder, so I don't generally consider carrying anything on it for fear of aggravating the tear, but I don't think I would even if it wasn't for the injury.

I am right handed and usually prefer to carry shoulder bags on my left shoulder. But if that becomes sore, I will switch back and forth. But my first impulse is always to carry a bag on my left side.

Shoulder bag- I am right handed, I wear my purse on my left shoulder and use my right hand to dig in and out of it. I try the other shoulder sometimes but it just feels off.

However, when carrying my bag I carry in my right hand.

Linda

This is quite interesting :smile:...I'm right-handed, and always wear my bag on my right shoulder, watch on the left wrist. It just feels more natural to me and switching it around would feel really weird.