Weird Question......

I'm right-handed and wear my purse on my right shoulder. If it is a handbag then I switch back and forth but it feels really bizarre to put it on my left shoulder. I also can't talk on the phone using my left hand and ear... apparently it's supposed to be good for your brain to switch though. Like brushing your teeth with the wrong hand or stepping up/down stairs starting with the other foot, etc.

----- Do you wear or hold your bags on your dominant arm/hand (the hand you write with)??

I'm a leftie and never even thought twice about this but when I was in the Coach store last night trying some bags on I put them on my left shoulder and then started to think about why I do that.

A lot of lefties (including me) wear their watches on their right (opposite) wrist, so if I were following form, it seems only natural that I should be wearing my purse on my right shoulder rather than my left but I wear my purses on the same shoulder as my writing hand. Also, I now realize that when I stoop over to sign something and my bag is on my shoulder, it always falls off, but if I wore my bag on my opposite shoulder that wouldn't happen. I tried on a purse just now on my opposite (right) shoulder and it felt REALLY STRANGE, don't know if I could get used to that.
So what does everyone else do???..... Like I said, weird question, but now I can't stop wondering about this.:confused1:

.... So I just got home from running errands (translation-shopping) this evening and I experimented w/ wearing my purse on my right shoulder this time. I felt really lopsided and my purse kept coming off my shoulder. I think I've permanently made a purse strap size indent in my left shoulder from always wearing it on that shoulder, so I rarely have trouble with my purse coming off my left shoulder. I'll keep trying the right side though and maybe after time, I'll eventually make a purse indent in my right shoulder too. :Push:

I wear it on either of my shoulder. I'm also a lefty, but I think I am weirder that any of you, I wear my watch on the left, I use my right hand in shooting a ball, playing tennis or ping-pong(tabletennis) I am a lefty but I cant understand why I keep on doing It the other way around.

How interesting, until you asked I had never even thought about it, but now you mention it, bags always, always go on my left shoulder (I am right handed) but never ever do I put hand-held bags in any arm but my right.

I wear it on either of my shoulder. I'm also a lefty, but I think I am weirder that any of you, I wear my watch on the left, I use my right hand in shooting a ball, playing tennis or ping-pong(tabletennis) I am a lefty but I cant understand why I keep on doing It the other way around.

...I use my right hand for lots of things too- I think it's just the way I was taught. I bat right (sounds like I'm a regular softball/baseball player but I'm far from it-just remembering back to my HS days in PE), bowl right, used to twirl a baton right; but everything else I do is done leftie!!

When someone is walking next to me, I carry it on the other hand where it isn't between us. My bag needs its attention ;).
I usually carry it with my left (I am a righty) since my right hand is doing more things (opening doors, holding cellphone to my ear, browsing at clothes, etc.)

I'm a righty, though I have always worn/carried my bags on my left side. When I actually wear a watch or bracelet, those also go on my left wrist. My mother-in-law had pointed this out a few months ago. I thought I was alone in being a righty but depending on my left for so much, but this post has made me realize that I'm definitely not!!!