Weekender as everyday bags and Modeling pics (plus Shorties with Biggies!)

The Courier is doable it still maintains a great shape - are you a part-time comic or am I just giddy today?

Someone said Cult Status has a pictur of the Courier and the X Courier side by side for comparison.

winona! you so dont want a gay husband. my husband is very not gay.. but did own a high end mens clothing store in munich. I cant pull anything over on him.. if i even try to pass off a new handbag as " oh, this old thing" hes all over me!!!

Reactions: MissMae44
Speaking of weekenders..

I've been checking this auction out for a week or so on eBay and its been auctioning twice already and no bids. I thought it is a cool color..(Well..not crazy about the dark handles but...price is pretty reasonable 499.00)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Balenciaga-The-Voyage-Weekender-Khaki-Color_W0QQitemZ6887635644QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How come no one bids on it. Is it because its coming from HK or no one is crazy about the color or its too used?..im curious.

I thought about bidding on it...but I need your thoughts.

Ohhh...I believe the person who is auctioning this is aso a PForumeers here too.

Thoughts anybody?

^^ I don't know what's going on with that bag!
I had a Second Chance offer on it until Friday and then it was relisted?
I've also emailed the owner for pictures with no reply.

I think it's gorgeous, although the handles are a bit icky, and this thread was actually based on my thoughts about taking the second chance offer at the price that's been offered. But I haven't heard from the owner.
Plus the relisting confused me. I wasn't aware you could relist AND have a second chance offer up at the same time.

boo.

This may be a stupid question, but what is the actual difference in size between a weekender and a work? Does anyone have pics to compare? I have a weekender but sometimes when you girls show pics of a work I thought it was a weekender :huh:

Are you sure the second chance offer was legitimate Winona?

I love the bag, and want to buy that and sell my bordeaux *maybe*, since my bordeaux is like new, perfect -- and I will need to use the weekender a lot, and the khaki is already broken in....... but they want too much for me at the moment for a used weekender. :sigh: (the reserve is now around $900)

i love that bag,a nd have been watching it, but i think that 900 is a bit much for the wear JMO. I would rather wait it out, and buy a newer one with less wear on the handles. although i do love the color.

iSpot said:
This may be a stupid question, but what is the actual difference in size between a weekender and a work? Does anyone have pics to compare? I have a weekender but sometimes when you girls show pics of a work I thought it was a weekender :huh:

the weekender is 15hx21wx9d and the work is 11hx18wx7.5d.
you can always tell the difference in pics by the studs that keep the handles in place... 3=weekender and 2=work. hope that helps.

winona77 said:
^^ I don't know what's going on with that bag!
I had a Second Chance offer on it until Friday and then it was relisted?
I've also emailed the owner for pictures with no reply.

I think it's gorgeous, although the handles are a bit icky, and this thread was actually based on my thoughts about taking the second chance offer at the price that's been offered. But I haven't heard from the owner.
Plus the relisting confused me. I wasn't aware you could relist AND have a second chance offer up at the same time.

boo.

hi! i've actually bought from this seller, and the same thing happened to me. he gave me a second chance offer (though he did not relist it). i questioned the situation a lot, but ended up going through with the transaction. it was perfectly legitimate, the bag is beautiful and authentic. i hope it works out for you!

Re: The Weekender on auction.

The way I see it, I think Its waaaay too overpriced and definitely not worth $900.00 (reserve price) for a "used" and already "darkened" handles for Balenciaga weekender. I would rather fork out an additional $500.00 (easy!) for a brand spanking new weekender, purchased directly from BAL NY.

I think..that is worth at least $550.00. I wouldnt pay anything more than that, especially when it's used and the handles is like that.

I sold by bordeaux twiggy for $1050.00 a year ago, when It's only 4 months old and no darkened handles and looked brand spanking new, especially when I only used it twice.

That's my personal Opinion.