VINTAGE KELLY BAGS? or older beaten up ones? anyone

Rose 100 - I dont think that is true. Even when people do not know what something is most of the time they can instinctively recognize quality. I have no idea what a rare vintage like that would cost, but I would know it straight way. You must be one very classy lady to own a bag like that.:smile:

plilippé;13246694 said:
Rose 100 - I dont think that is true. Even when people do not know what something is most of the time they can instinctively recognize quality. I have no idea what a rare vintage like that would cost, but I would know it straight way. You must be one very classy lady to own a bag like that.:smile:

Thank you for your kind words.
I will gladly tell you what my 1959 box 32 cost. It was $4250, and that is about $2,000 more than what vintage Kellys go for, but she was in such good shape and I wanted her so badly that I paid without blinking. Absolutely no regrets, either.
Is there a bag you are wishing to purchase for yourself? Always happy to talk vintage! :smile:

Here is my Drag in black box from the 60's- vintage are almost bullet proof and the leather and hardware take on a nice patina with age. When I took it in for a spa treatment, I considered having the hardware replaced as it is a little tarnished (which is possible but expensive)- the leather atelier at BH said don't do it- it adds to the charm of the bag.

Drag PM.JPG

drag 1.JPG

Drag 2.JPG

drag 4.JPG

drag 5.JPG

Reactions: LaBoheme
I hope this is a legitimate question and allowable on tPF. I would also like to start looking for a vintage Kelly since it would be difficult for me to pay full price and I do love the oldies. Where can one look other than on e-Bay? I live in a rural area so scouring big city high class second hand stores is not possible.
Thanks in advance.

Here is my 1970 bicolor bleu marine/white Kelly.
attachment.php

Rose, I almost died when I saw your bi-color Kelly. It's beyond dreamy!!!!

Thank you for your kind words.
I will gladly tell you what my 1959 box 32 cost. It was $4250, and that is about $2,000 more than what vintage Kellys go for, but she was in such good shape and I wanted her so badly that I paid without blinking. Absolutely no regrets, either.
Is there a bag you are wishing to purchase for yourself? Always happy to talk vintage! :smile:

thank you so much for your message. I am with you that 90's chanel is not really vintage as they are too new. I think the term vintage is a little loose anyway - tends to be abused. I will get myself a vintage kelly - soon I hope but don't know much about them yet - so trying to get an education so to speak....:biggrin: