Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Would anyone happen to know if Dollar General in the US still sells Leather CPR? Or would I be better off driving straight to Tractor Supply? Making a CPR run across the border soon. TYIA :flowers:

Don't know about Dollar General, but if you decide to go to Tractor Supply you may want to order online for pick up in the store. They'll charge you online and hold your purchase until you arrive. Saves worrying about it being in stock when you arrive.

Would anyone happen to know if Dollar General in the US still sells Leather CPR? Or would I be better off driving straight to Tractor Supply? Making a CPR run across the border soon. TYIA :flowers:
The few DG stores I've popped into didn't seem to have CPR, but the stores were in such disarray, who knows??? But as mentioned, TS does carry it and at a better price than I've seen on Amazon. TS stocks it in their saddle and horse related items. Good luck!

I saw your post in the Authenticate thread--that is a beautiful duffle. Apparently the seller had cleaned and conditioned it, that may account for the dryer sheet smell and the different feel to the leather. Depending on what products she used, the feel and softness of the leather could be affected. If you chose to dunk it, you couldn't hurt it. Applying lots of conditioner, starting when it's still damp / wet from the dunk, could definitely soften it up. You could also just try conditioner. I strongly recommend Leather CPR. I have many duffle sacs, from many years and many factories, and all responded to multiple (7+ spaced out with buffing) coats of conditioner. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you! The bag really is in lovely condition and I want to love her like she deserves.

I wish you could reach through the internet to feel the bag so you can tell me it doesn’t feel wrong somehow.

I’m…addicted to the style but I’ve not been lucky enough to ever see one in person. I wasn’t sure if I needed to adjust my expectations after so many years. My husband would probably have some sort of major health event if I bought another of the exact same bag just for “comparison” but I have been looking…

I have never used Leather CPR - I generally use Blackrocks Leather ‘n’ Rich to keep my current bags nice - but will pick some CPR up this weekend and probably give her a dunk to at least get rid of the smell.

I would love to see all your duffles…do you have them posted somewhere here?

Thanks again!

Does anyone know the official name for this color? TIA

I found one set of samples with the color Buckskin that seem to be very similar but I believe from the Lightweights collection, this bag is from 1973 (I am told).

The picture shows the contrast with a Bone bag.

View attachment 5666270View attachment 5666271
Does your bag have a creed? Who told you it was from 1973? I assume you are asking about the dinky?

Reactions: Jacynthe
My apologies, I was not clear enough. The picture showed the Dinky in Bone, the color I want to identify was the other, on the Original Musette. that one has the metal tab.

Thanks for replying.
I don't have a color chart from 1973. The closest I have is from 1977. It could still be bone. Colors varied from year to year.

1977 price and color sheet.png

Does anyone know the official name for this color? TIA

I found one set of samples with the color Buckskin that seem to be very similar but I believe from the Lightweights collection, this bag is from 1973 (I am told).

The picture shows the contrast with a Bone bag.

View attachment 5666270View attachment 5666271
I have a double courier in the same color and I posted on my stories on instagram if anyone knew the color. Debi Barros responded Bone. Someone else also said Bone, but elaborated that the 70s bone is different. Mine is a metal tag pre creed