Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Hi can’t believe it’s happened to me ? Sold very expensive bag on vestiaire collective,printed and used dhl prepaid label ,posted package through dhl parcel shop and 2 days later package back to me in very light box 📦 l refused accepting and open box and box was empty my chanel bag it’s gone . So now no money or bag . Is it true that Vestiaire Collective all packages fully insured and if you you use they label provided will be fully compensated?
I heard that there was another seller who sent her hermes bag and it was lost by fedex. no refund. she was in the vc facebook group fighting for months trying diff methods.

I am so frustrated with VC. I sold a Cartier necklace and included certificate of authenticity and reciept. I get a message that I had the chain altered and they're going to message the buyer to see if they still want the item . This is completely bs as I haven't altered it in any way. I don't know whom they've hired to do these authentications but I don't think they're very experienced at all.
I am currently trying to list a pair of authentic channel sandal... with receipt any everything, they just could not verify authenticity. I guess the shoes are worn so the inside serial numbers have a couple of letters off or the logo on the sole is hard to see, but still....some are still there and they should be able to tell; and even with just a tiny bit of research, they should prob find the model online and compare....but they just could not. I had experience previously with Chanel earrings too. I think their authentication team either is not experienced or too overworked to do any research.

Last edited:
A further update about my lost underskirt+ wrongful return case: they were resolved after I contacted their CEO, but since the cases were resolved, it seems like my account was blackmailed. Pretty much every branded item that I submitted could not pass their online authentication now. All the items are authentic and one of them even has the receipt. Oddly enough was that only a pair of Chanel shoes that does not have the serial number somehow got passed (it was a pair of single-strap shoes so the serial number cannot be printed on for the particular case)... I did not feel that bad in the beginning because I thought they might just be strict, so I tried to upload the items several times, but they rejected them all, like, all the authentic ones??? That raises a lot of concerns. I now seriously doubt that they do not know what real stuff looks like and just accept fake items. I am even having crazy thoughts thinking maybe the employees are having some rebellions trying to get the company into bankruptcy.

A further update about my lost underskirt+ wrongful return case: they were resolved after I contacted their CEO, but since the cases were resolved, it seems like my account was blackmailed. Pretty much every branded item that I submitted could not pass their online authentication now. All the items are authentic and one of them even has the receipt. Oddly enough was that only a pair of Chanel shoes that does not have the serial number somehow got passed (it was a pair of single-strap shoes so the serial number cannot be printed on for the particular case)... I did not feel that bad in the beginning because I thought they might just be strict, so I tried to upload the items several times, but they rejected them all, like, all the authentic ones??? That raises a lot of concerns. I now seriously doubt that they do not know what real stuff looks like and just accept fake items. I am even having crazy thoughts thinking maybe the employees are having some rebellions trying to get the company into bankruptcy.
Are those brands VC rejected on your uploads have been newly listed by other sellers recently?

Are those brands VC rejected on your uploads have been newly listed by other sellers recently?
I have not checked, I doubt that other sellers have similar items because they are all used and the models were from a few years ago. One though is a pair of ballet flats but they are in red color also patent leather, and I thought they were harder to find? Others are strappy sandals but not the dad sandals. Brandwise, they are mostly Chanel, so yes, I would understand if they are being strict. But they reject all of them? That is just too much.

I have not checked, I doubt that other sellers have similar items because they are all used and the models were from a few years ago. One though is a pair of ballet flats but they are in red color also patent leather, and I thought they were harder to find? Others are strappy sandals but not the dad sandals. Brandwise, they are mostly Chanel, so yes, I would understand if they are being strict. But they reject all of them? That is just too much.
Test out different brands even common brands like Nike Ecco etc to see if was your account in trouble.

Test out different brands even common brands like Nike Ecco etc to see if was your account in trouble.
I listed an Ami and it could not even get through...But a Selkie dress just did! Maybe they are just being strict these days. Thanks for your advice!

Still, a few authentic Chanel did not pass through several times I did not know if they actually are capable of authenticating...

Last edited:
How did you contact they CEO ?my chanel bag was lost and they disabled my account and refused to refund me

I don’t think your account is flagged, I think they just have very low level employees deciding what is approved, and they don’t know how to authenticate. Out of the last 8 items I have submitted to list recently, almost all of them coming with tags, authenticity card, receipt, only 2 were approved. It just seems random.

Hi can’t believe it’s happened to me ? Sold very expensive bag on vestiaire collective,printed and used dhl prepaid label ,posted package through dhl parcel shop and 2 days later package back to me in very light box 📦 l refused accepting and open box and box was empty my chanel bag it’s gone . So now no money or bag . Is it true that Vestiaire Collective all packages fully insured and if you you use they label provided will be fully compensated?
Update now Vestiare permanently disabled my account and send me email that They won’t be refunding me any money for my lost chanel bag ,because DHL close investigation and will not be hold accountable. I contacted DHL immediately and was told investigation still ongoing and was surprised how Vestiare said that investigation it’s closed with them

I am currently trying to list a pair of authentic channel sandal... with receipt any everything, they just could not verify authenticity. I guess the shoes are worn so the inside serial numbers have a couple of letters off or the logo on the sole is hard to see, but still....some are still there and they should be able to tell; and even with just a tiny bit of research, they should prob find the model online and compare....but they just could not. I had experience previously with Chanel earrings too. I think their authentication team either is not experienced or too overworked to do any research.
I'm not sure what qualifies as an expert there but I'm doubtful they have real brand experts.

Update now Vestiare permanently disabled my account and send me email that They won’t be refunding me any money for my lost chanel bag ,because DHL close investigation and will not be hold accountable. I contacted DHL immediately and was told investigation still ongoing and was surprised how Vestiare said that investigation it’s closed with them

I’ve sold a Rebecca Minkoff bag in July 2019 for 100 euros. It was shipped with Vestiaire’s label, however it was lost on the way to the buyer. The tracking information showed that the package was missing. I contacted Vestiaire and they asked me to complete some forms. After about 2 weeks, they have paid me for my sale while the package was considered lost. I guess they must have also refunded the buyer. Based on my experience, Vestiaire surely have insurance to cover for shipping.

Vestiaire Collective had much better customer service a few years ago. I’ve sold 60+ items there including Chanel, Hermes, Cartier and my Rolex.

Since 2023, I’ve experienced their customer “non”-service when they decided to let the buyer damage my Ferragamo shoes, then returned to me, and removed my Expert Seller status. I’m done with them. I will not sell anything on that platform again, especially after hearing so much horror stories here and from other social media.

That's horrible! was it really Vestiaire's shipping label? and why would it returned back to you before delivered to Vestiaire (I assume it would be ship to VC to authenticate before ship to the buyer since you said it was very expensive?), or was it a direct sale that was shipping to the buyer directly?
Yes Vestiaire collective shipping label .I have no idea .Dhl are saying when parcel arrived at depo it was already empty and won’t declare as lost as they don’t want to pay compensation. I believe chanel bag was stolen before it reach depo

Yes Vestiaire collective shipping label .I have no idea .Dhl are saying when parcel arrived at depo it was already empty and won’t declare as lost as they don’t want to pay compensation. I believe chanel bag was stolen before it reach depo
I see, I’m so sorry it happened to you and I’m also surprised that Vestiaire wouldn’t help you to solve the issue!

Well this should be interesting. A Vestiaire story…….

Broke my own rules and bought a Mulberry Dorset from VC, £140. As always saw something else so did an immediate relist as it’s 0% commission. I’m very impatient so you’ll get a bargain from me and I let it go for £100. Buyer also did direct shipping and guess what….they are saying it’s non compliant ie fake. I didn’t realise that at first and tbh had sellers regret so did the online chat and said I’d have the bag back/returned no worries. However they’d already sent her a label to send it to their hub. So on the chat I reminded the advisor I had bought the bag FROM them, and when you do an immediate relist you relist the original description and photos. Whilst I said before I recommend direct shipping they do state quite clearly that they do an ‘authenticity’ check before listing 🙄 (yea, right) ‘Every listing submitted to Vestiaire Collective is checked for accuracy, and certain high-risk brands are also checked for authenticity, before being published on the platform.’. So, this will be a test to see if:
1) I have no rights as did not raise an issue upon receipt…despite it subsequently being found to be fake
2) will confirm what I already believe but chose to ignore…you must avoid Direct Shipping. It’s no better than EBay or Vinted.

I paid with PayPal so I might be able to go down that route, but for now I’m waiting for their answer and I will update you all. Sorry this is long and I hope you think it’s worth me posting it 🤞. Sam