Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Another horrible experience with Vestiaire as a seller.
I am sorry but I just need to vent.

I sold a necklace which had an additional safety pin installed on it. I have shown it in great detail in the photos and wrote about it in the description to make sure the buyer knows what he/she is buying. There is absolutely no doubt about it because as a long term seller I sell on multiple platforms and use the same description across all of them.

Other people here reported it before but it has never happened to me that VC changes descriptions of some of the items before placing them online. I have never bothered to check mine and learned to do it this hard way.

I shipped my item and of course I've got all these requests from VC asking for receipts and other evidence (like servicing which was done by the original brand) which I've provided although the necklace had all the original hallmarks etc. This is where I was puzzled on what the whole fuss about and then discovered that the description of my item is severely trimmed. The sale has been cancelled due to "item does not perfectly match the description". Hello, there were like 20 super clear high res photos of the item from all the angles?! And I know what I am talking about because I see the photos that other people post.

How is this possible that I DO write about my product in great detail and then this information just disappears?
How is this possible that I provide a ton of super clear photos of the exact same product I am selling and it "does not perfectly match the description"?

I am so fed up with Vestiaire and their "expertise"!

Extremely frustrating. Vent away! It is beyond stupid how VC takes the liberty to manipulate descriptions and then make claims of it not matching their own description. Bananas. I've noticed the editing of information on my products and fortunately realised before anything was sold, so relisted and wrote the item description out again. It really can be a case of "blink and you'll miss it" - we can't even trust VC to honour our own wording!!!

I recently queried why they didn't find one of my bags compliant with its description - when I could not have been more honest or clearer - and they responded referencing another item entirely (wasn't even mine!). VC "experts" are hopeless and fundamentally, are time wasters. Such a shame because it can be really fun making a sale on their platform. The shipping process is easy. But if something goes wrong... then good luck to us!

Reactions: onlyk and Ylesiya
Hi all. I am extremely disappointed right now. I just received an obviously fake Loewe bag (smells very fake too!) from VC. I just paid for authentication from LegitGrails and am waiting for their response. How should I handle getting my money back? Should I immediately file a dispute with PayPal? Or should I deal with VC first then dispute with PayPal, and/or my credit card company as my last resort? I understand that dealing with VC first will be such a struggle.

I mailed the item back to VC and they will be putting this item under my account to be sold to another victim and are keeping my money hostage. I even spoke to their customer service but the agent left the chat because they refused to refund me (I kept the chat transcript). I opened a PayPal dispute and am wondering if I should just immediately escalate the case to PayPal or wait for VC's response first because my expectations are so low about VC refunding me :sad: I am so devastated

I mailed the item back to VC and they will be putting this item under my account to be sold to another victim and are keeping my money hostage. I even spoke to their customer service but the agent left the chat because they refused to refund me (I kept the chat transcript). I opened a PayPal dispute and am wondering if I should just immediately escalate the case to PayPal or wait for VC's response first because my expectations are so low about VC refunding me :sad: I am so devastated

Please file a case with PayPal ASAP.
You have received the goods, you proved they are counterfeit and you returned for which you also have the proof. Since the platform failed to refund you, you have the right to start a case and you will win.

I have no idea what is going on with this place.
I recently tried to purchase some items off this platform myself.

1) first order was just cancelled almost right away by the seller - ok, it happens.
2) second order was shown to be shipped by the seller but the tracking didn't show the item as even dropped off at the location and I have been waiting for over a week before I contacted them and asked to cancel the order and get a refund. Luckily, it was quick but I was totally disappointed as the item was nice and I really wanted it. It was never relisted by the seller though.
3) and finally I am going through hell with my third order which will be the last time I am buying something from them. The seller shipped it quickly, the item arrived at their Tourcoing hub on 12th May, passed QC immediately, VC provided tracking as if the item was shipped to me.
The story is it has never been shipped up until now and it's May 21st today. The tracking shows "label created" and basically that's it. I started chasing VC on the 18th as I was supposed to receive the item on 19th. As usual, their agents are complete brainless bots which make my blood pressure rise every time I interact with them.
"Oh here is your tracking, you will receive your item tomorrow!"
It did not even occur to them to check the link. After I pointed out the item has never been passed to FedEx, they went silent. I've been messaging them every day but to no avail. No one even bothers to respond.

I am cursing myself now that I paid with my debit card. I submitted a claim to my bank yesterday for a chargeback but it may take quite a while. Lesson learned.

I think this is the worst possible platform in terms of customer service. Even eBay is better.

Update: I just tried to talk to one of their chat people and this is ridiculous. They are claiming they shipped the item but it was refused by the carrier and hence, pay attention: they will need some documents from me to check where the item is at! The item has never been picked up at all! These blunt idiotic lies right into your face make me so angry that I just can't handle it!

Last edited:

Sorry to hear your bad experience. I would contact PayPal at once. Hope you can get your money back. Please let us know the result.

• Sad
Reactions: LexAeterna
I ordered a bag on VC and I've been waiting for it for 2 weeks to be delivered. So it just got here and the package is empty... I paid for an empty box..No idea what to do. I contacted Customer support immediately, who knows when they'll answer. Have you ever been in this situation? :confused1::crybaby:

@Vanilla1349 have you videotaped opening process? another question is how big is the bag? didn't you feel it is too lightweight when you received it? there is literally nothing inside or packaging was there? it was supposed to come with accessories?

You can also try and contact the carrier to request how much was the weight of the parcel when they measured it at the sorting station. Maybe that would help to understand whether the item was shipped or the box was shipped empty in the first place.

-------------------

On my side, the process is getting absolutely ridiculous.
VC agents are basically trained to flush you down the drain. And even when you give them the obvious facts, they still bluntly contradict them and ignore any proof.

I even got as far as getting an official confirmation from FedEx that the parcel has never been in their hands. The item was never scanned in, there were no other scans at all. Ever. And VC is still daring to insist that the item was shipped since - pay attention! - it is not at their warehouse. I truly don't understand why this is my problem that they misplaced or stolen the item or god knows what happened. I gave them my money and did not receive the goods. Full stop. To be even more precise, it is not a carrier who is at fault but VC itself.
These people are acting like scammers and I really hope I will be able to recover my funds (not a small amount for me!) via chargeback.

I will just put some screenshots here proving I am not making this up and to show to everyone how disgusting and horrible they are.

This is parcel tracking they provided. I even asked them to show me where exactly it says that the shipment was picked up but got no answer to that.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 3.54.15 PM.png

Screenshot from my own account showing the item is "waiting to be shipped". It only changes to "shipped" once it is picked up and tracking starts to be displayed. It never had.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 3.50.29 PM.jpeg

Dumbass response from their support claiming the item was sent. Whom do I believe: these jerks or a reputable shipping company?

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 3.54.00 PM.png

And finally - an official response from FedEx to my query confirming the shipment has never been in their hands.
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 3.53.37 PM.png

Even if you decide to buy anything, do not make my mistake of paying with a debit card. Only pay with PayPal or a credit card so that you could get your hard earned money back in case they will try to scam you.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for you too.. This is so dishonest! I have used VC many times and never had any issues. I guess this is my first time. The cardboard box was literally empty! I couldn't estimate the weight since the bag I ordered was very very tiny. I believe the courier company simply stole it because I see a dent in the box, probably had been forced to open on one side and there was a small amount of additional transparent tape on top of the original tape (which is in totally different color). I really don't know how VC will handle this matter but I did give them the money and I got nothing in return, so I do deserve a solution.

• Sad
Sorry to hear your bad experience. I would contact PayPal at once. Hope you can get your money back. Please let us know the result.
Thanks so much all. Current update on my case:

VC has not responded to my PayPal case yet. They have less than 10 days to respond to it. Currently, they have listed the fake item under my account. There are people adding it to their Favourites and I received an offer on the item. If I accept these offers, I will be losing about $1000 of hard-earned money because of the shipping/import/authentication fees.

It feels sickening to lose this amount of money and have another person be scammed by VC if I accept the offer. I will keep waiting on the case. If I don't win, I will reach out to my credit card company, and if I can't get a chargeback then I will suck it up and accept the loss and pray that someone buys the fake item from my account.

VC has not responded to my PayPal case yet. They have less than 10 days to respond to it. Currently, they have listed the fake item under my account. There are people adding it to their Favourites and I received an offer on the item. If I accept these offers, I will be losing about $1000 of hard-earned money because of the shipping/import/authentication fees.

It feels sickening to lose this amount of money and have another person be scammed by VC if I accept the offer. I will keep waiting on the case. If I don't win, I will reach out to my credit card company, and if I can't get a chargeback then I will suck it up and accept the loss and pray that someone buys the fake item from my account.

I believe you will hear from Paypal quicker than VC. Let Paypal deals with VC. Fingers crossed.
If I were you, I will not let anyone to buy the bag. You don't want another buyer to have the same experience as you. Right?

I believe you will hear from Paypal quicker than VC. Let Paypal deals with VC. Fingers crossed.
If I were you, I will not let anyone to buy the bag. You don't want another buyer to have the same experience as you. Right?
Thank you so much. I won’t. Within a few hours I received offers on the item at similar prices and part of me thinks it’s VC doing this. I feel so on edge. I’ll keep holding on and wait for PayPal’s decision :smile:

Reactions: yoshikitty

VC are quite bad at answering to PayPal cases. I think they have a very limited staff, so very often these cases don't even get any attention. Plus you have all the proof that the item is not authentic and has been returned to them. I am not sure but maybe you can remove this item from your account yourself? I would not want anyone to buy anything like this from me. Anyway I think your chances of winning the case are very high.

Problem with VC is that they do sell fakes which in theory can happen to anyone because nobody's perfect and sometimes even brands themselves struggle with authentication of their own pieces. But what's horrible is that they sell counterfeits knowingly. We've been discussing a case of a fake VCA necklace here that @Glitterbomb has bought and returned. This piece is a confirmed fake, even VC itself acknowledged it later.

However, this item is still listed under VCA NYC account at the original price with a note of "no defects":

And this an expensive item! Which they know for sure is a counterfeit.

On my side, I managed to get a refund from them - still awaiting for it to appear in my account. I was lucky to finally reach out to someone more senior by the looks of things who at least acknowledged that the item has never been sent. It took me numerous emails and caused a lot of frustration. What's worst is that they dare to completely deny totally obvious facts. It's like this kind of conversation:

- the sky is blue
- no, it's not, it's green
- but this is a blue colour?
- no it is green
- but this is the same colour as specified in RGB palette as blue?
- no, we spoke to our experts and they confirmed it's green
- look, here is the official report from CalTech signed by the team of scientists from Cambridge and Oxford that the sky colour is indeed blue according to their spectrometry results!
- no, we reached out to our expert department and after applying strict colour criteria we have concluded that the sky colour is still green

They truly deserve worst customer service ever award.

VC are quite bad at answering to PayPal cases. I think they have a very limited staff, so very often these cases don't even get any attention. Plus you have all the proof that the item is not authentic and has been returned to them. I am not sure but maybe you can remove this item from your account yourself? I would not want anyone to buy anything like this from me. Anyway I think your chances of winning the case are very high.

Problem with VC is that they do sell fakes which in theory can happen to anyone because nobody's perfect and sometimes even brands themselves struggle with authentication of their own pieces. But what's horrible is that they sell counterfeits knowingly. We've been discussing a case of a fake VCA necklace here that @Glitterbomb has bought and returned. This piece is a confirmed fake, even VC itself acknowledged it later.

However, this item is still listed under VCA NYC account at the original price with a note of "no defects":

And this an expensive item! Which they know for sure is a counterfeit.

On my side, I managed to get a refund from them - still awaiting for it to appear in my account. I was lucky to finally reach out to someone more senior by the looks of things who at least acknowledged that the item has never been sent. It took me numerous emails and caused a lot of frustration. What's worst is that they dare to completely deny totally obvious facts. It's like this kind of conversation:

- the sky is blue
- no, it's not, it's green
- but this is a blue colour?
- no it is green
- but this is the same colour as specified in RGB palette as blue?
- no, we spoke to our experts and they confirmed it's green
- look, here is the official report from CalTech signed by the team of scientists from Cambridge and Oxford that the sky colour is indeed blue according to their spectrometry results!
- no, we reached out to our expert department and after applying strict colour criteria we have concluded that the sky colour is still green

They truly deserve worst customer service ever award.

So glad to hear that you are receiving the refund. My PayPal dispute got closed and I will be receiving my refund as well. So relieved. I am never touching that website ever again.

There is one seller using photos of my listings and photos taken from retailer websites. Comments under her listings are full of complaints. I reported this to Vestiaire Collective 10 days ago; had a few chats with their customer representatives. All they say is we are working on this. I don't know what is there to work on when all the evidence shows fraud.

Yet this seller continues to "sell" and even opened a second account.

I gave them a last chance today. They said we will call you now but then received an email saying there was a problem connecting call, give us another 48 hours.

I'm starting to believe that they are on purpose turning a blind eye to this activity.

If you won't be bored, I can share the whole experience with screenshots. Avoid sellers "Erdem" and "Serife" on VC.

Let me update you on my case. VC literally told me that I accepted the package, so they can do nothing if it was empty. No money refund, nothing! I'm sure no investigation at all was carried... So now I have a very expensive cardboard box and I can't do anything ::sad::sad::sad:
I hope you paid by credit card or paypal. Receiving an empty package is not something unusual when it comes to credit card chargebacks. I'd be on the phone right now. Hopefully it wasn't too valuable.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG