VERY disappointed with LV customer servoce

However my BF has the groom agenda and being a man is not especially careful with it but has no problems at all with chipping or fading

so now you're being sexist? :confused1: I wonder how someone would've reacted if I wrote "I like my mother's cooking but being a woman, she's not that clever"... You're BF is not careful, don't blame it on his genes.

not to beat a dead horse but the ring analogy above makes no sense. if a ring/car/whatever has a scratch, it can be repaired. cars have warranties. the reason I bought the groom was for the design. if not for that, I would have bought the plain version. in the same way, if you but a porsche and the enginge is not working right within a few months of purchase, i would certainly address the issue plus it would probably be under warranty. this is the same with LV, i haven't had this wallet for this long and like i've said, its shocking that its happening so soon. Goyard paints their bags but they also have the alternative to repair it if it chips off.

Liberté;2283189 said:
so now you're being sexist? :confused1: I wonder how someone would've reacted if I wrote "I like my mother's cooking but being a woman, she's not that clever"... You're BF is not careful, don't blame it on his genes.

Oh dear Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean it in that way, I didn't mean he's not careful with it he just doesn't baby his items he just get's on with it and uses it/them & so far no damage. i didn't mean it as a sexist statement and I'm sorry if you took it that way

this is the same with LV, i haven't had this wallet for this long and like i've said, its shocking that its happening so soon.

It just all depends how you handle your wallet... not all things can be perfect. If one gets so upset over something and just complains and complains because they don't get their way, why are they still buying from that brand/company? :shrugs: That's just my honest opinion.

Liberté;2283189 said:

All she meant was that most men tend not to baby their items in the way some women do :yes: I know I don't :P

Friction will cause wear on any kind of painted surface. If you want the paint to remain intact, you must eliminate any source of friction. Keeping it in the dustbag would probably help, but is not a perfect solution. Having it loose in bag with other items will continue the wear on the paint.

to the OP: technically.. your item didn't fall apart. if a seam was coming loose or a zipper malfunctioned then yes, that would be falling apart, and the company would replace it for you because that's a defect.. but they covered their asses by giving you the care booklet to let you know that the print/image will chip off over time. some people on here had some groom that chipped off within a week or so, and that can be replaced mostly because it was so sudden.. but if you've had it for about 6 months, then the timing sounds about right.

I've had my Groom cles since it came out and I got the 2 wallets for Christmas. I use my Groom PTI daily and transfer it from bag to bag and have not had any problems with any of my pieces.

Questions like this arise every time a similar line comes out..the MC, Groom, Cerises, Panda, Graffiti and Cherry Blossom will all eventually chip because it's supposed to have a more vintage look and that's the nature of the pieces. If they didn't want the pieces to chip, they would have been coated with something or covered with a vinyl substance similar to the Charms line (the clear vinyl covered the scarf underneath to protect it from dirt), which people also complained about because it looked too "cheap."
The bottom line is that no piece, no matter what designer it may be by, will ever be perfect. No amount of money will ever buy you an absolutely flawless piece but LV does last for a good amount of time.

However, I'm sorry if the SAs treated you rudely, though their response is pretty standard. There really isn't anything that can be done once pieces chip.

Anything that has silk screen will rub off eventually.. It is inevitable...

If you used your groom everyday since you bought it, i would say its wear and tear and there's nothing really they can do about it unfortunately

i am so sorry to hear *and see the pic.....!* about your poor wallet.....! my cherry zipped compact wallet is doing that --- to the point, i will probably never carry it again.....pretty sad, i know.

you talked to the 800#..... how many LV people did you talk to though?! i almost always talk to bunch of different people and different stores & location ---

i had horrible metal chipping problem with my manhattan.......i called 866# but since they couldn't see the problem, so the conversation went nowhere.
and went to one boutique and talked to 3 of the SAs (since my SA was off the few times i went...) and they all said there was nothing they can do about it --- my bag is only 6mo old!!!

so.....i changed the location and went to the one at Saks.... they were super nice and told me that they can ship it to get it fixed when i was ready....so i dropped it off *they gave me a paper bag to put all my stuff in to go home...* and they even express shipped it for me!!

and Oh, Oh, Oh.....
there was this america's cup kewi chocker thingie i bought like 5-6 years ago?!! this thing broke, the leather came right off from the silver part.... so at LV boutique, the maneger (then) was so mean and told me to take it to leather special store to get it fixed.... they were rude and i remember leaving there all unhappy and pissed....

so i stopped by LV at Saks on the way home and the manager there was so nice and sent it in for me.....
they updated me every two weeks what was going on.....but in the end, they couldn't fix it and gave a brand-new one!!!

anyway...... i thought i'd share my experience..... it doesn't hurt to call around and ask different SA's opinion?!!! ;) good luck!! ((hugs))

I don't think Louis Vuitton is trying to achieve a distressed look, I think that is a cover-up for bad quality. I wanted to buy that wallet and cles for the design and tradition of Louis Vuitton, but after hearing so many complaints about the actual design chipping, fadding and falling off, I doubt I will. I agree that after that short of time, something should be done. Although Louis Vuitton is trying to keep up in the ever-changing fashion world and can't service your wallet any further as they don't make them anymore. You can have Louis Vuitton paint over the damage though; that's always an option.