VERY disappointed with LV customer servoce

I don't think Louis Vuitton is trying to achieve a distressed look, I think that is a cover-up for bad quality. I wanted to buy that wallet and cles for the design and tradition of Louis Vuitton, but after hearing so many complaints about the actual design chipping, fadding and falling off, I doubt I will. I agree that after that short of time, something should be done. Although Louis Vuitton is trying to keep up in the ever-changing fashion world and can't service your wallet any further as they don't make them anymore. You can have Louis Vuitton paint over the damage though; that's always an option.

Actually, LV will not paint over it. Again, I don't understand why people do not understand it is not bad quality or bad service, it is silkscreen. It is what happens to any silkscreen. It is addressed in the care booklet and by common sense. Treat it correctly and understand it will happen!

Actually, LV will not paint over it. Again, I don't understand why people do not understand it is not bad quality or bad service, it is silkscreen. It is what happens to any silkscreen. It is addressed in the care booklet and by common sense. Treat it correctly and understand it will happen!

ITA.
It's the way it was made. Like I said, if it wasn't meant to do that, they would have printed it on like the actual LV print or put a crystal vinyl cover over it like they did with the Charms line (which people also complained about).

I don't want this to sound rude but...With lots of places having problems with employees, meaning they don't know what they are doing, don't care, or don't want to be there I can see why companies are having problems!! With LV products, we have to remember it is a bag/wallet and it will wear and tear. Now, comparing LV to a car...a car is worth ALOT more than an LV bag and it requires more service, so if the motor is making a noise, we take it in, but an LV bag...Yes they cost hundreds or thousands, but it is a BAG, not a complex car. I am guessing LV is having a problem with quality control, but they can't make everyone happy! For ever pi$$ed off customer, there is probably 100+ happy ones!! Most people on this forum have good luck with LV, a few don't, but that is life, you can get a bad car too, and you can't return a car!!!
Hope you get everything figured out!!

I think it's rediculous that LV and other luxury brands expect you to pay for these "amazing" products, and in a couple months they fall apart. Isn't this why we pay more?? because we expect quality. If we didn't care we'd all buy at knock offs. I had a similar situation with a gucci bag. It wore out after 4 months, and they basically told me sorry. PLUS Lv has the worst customer service in the world!

I don't want this to sound rude but...With lots of places having problems with employees, meaning they don't know what they are doing, don't care, or don't want to be there I can see why companies are having problems!! With LV products, we have to remember it is a bag/wallet and it will wear and tear. Now, comparing LV to a car...a car is worth ALOT more than an LV bag and it requires more service, so if the motor is making a noise, we take it in, but an LV bag...Yes they cost hundreds or thousands, but it is a BAG, not a complex car. I am guessing LV is having a problem with quality control, but they can't make everyone happy! For ever pi$$ed off customer, there is probably 100+ happy ones!! Most people on this forum have good luck with LV, a few don't, but that is life, you can get a bad car too, and you can't return a car!!!
Hope you get everything figured out!!

I don't mean to sound rude either but, are you saying if you get an LV lemon, thats just the luck of the draw? Yes the majority of the customers are happy and the few that aren't just have to accept the problems and get over it? this is the attitude i would expect from a company like Target or K-mart where a bag would cost $20, not a small fortune that LV charges , just my opinion hence my thread on my issues with LV.

I agree with others that said this is just normal wear and tear. you have it in your bag it will be rubbing against other items in there, so its going to chip especially on the edges.

I dont think anyone should expect a product to remain looking perfect just becuase they are expensive.

Personally I dont think this as a disappointing customer service from LV since its a result from normal use.

However, as Sophia suggested do try a few different stores and maybe they'll able to do something about it for you, or put them in a dustbag from now on. Good Luck. :smile:

Just to clear the air....I just want to let everyone know that I DID read the care booklet and was aware that the paint was gonna fade and look "vintage"...that is NOT what bugs me. its the fact that after less than 6 months, the paint is not merely fading but literally chipping off. I know it doesn't look that severe YET. But keep in mind that if its already doing this at this point, what more down the line???? I think the wallet structurally was made perfectly - Its just the paint that bugs me because I am not that rough with my accessories.

I don't think it'll get any worse. Maybe with the same type of usage, you'll end up with NO PAINT or no silkscreened groom (which might make you wonder why didn't I just get a normal mono cles in the first place??? lol), but underneath is the normal monogram canvas which is VERY strong... trust me... when you start poking the canvas with a knife, you'll know what I mean:P

I loved the idea of the Groom line by seeing the wallet on line, but when I seen it IRL, I thought about how the silk screen will chip. I loved the Pochette Wallet very much though. Seeing the Groom pochette Wallet made me always love the Pochette Wallet. MC also chips, but i'm not going to stay away from MC. They are just too pretty :love: :tender: Sorry you do not like your wallet now. And it chipped so much. :sad: But I really do not know what LV can do.