VERY disappointed with LV customer servoce

Liberté;2277052 said:
Even if he's right, this shouldn't be an issue with such items that soon. It's totally unacceptable for Louis Vuitton and in the end should damage their customer base in the end. Nobody pays that amount for a wallet and expect it to be ruined in 3 months. LV is as much about the design as anything else. If a year or two had passed then, yes, but if it happens within a year they should replace or pull items from the store. And I'm pretty sure there's something they could do about it, it's not like the LVs on the monogram canvas and the damier chips off that easily.

Those are produced another way, with the designs in the canvas before it is coated, even the cherry blossom was made that way, that is why they wear better. But for groom and cerise, it is a silkscreen, which is like a paint placed on after. That is why it is prone to chipping and why it is addressed in the care book.

People will experience different levels of wear based on how they treat their items.

This is not a manufacturer defect, but as I stated before, the nature of silkscreening....there is nothing LV can do differently.

Whether it is common and listed in the care booklet, I would be upset as well. For that much money they should figure out a way for it to not happen...or at least not happen so quickly.

Again, it is really based on the level of care, that is why the address it in the care booklet, so that you will know it can be a bit fragile and treat it accordingly and have a resonable level of expectation. Many, many people have these items, including myself, and see only minimal wear and expect it.

Those are produced another way, with the designs in the canvas before it is coated, even the cherry blossom was made that way, that is why they wear better. But for groom and cerise, it is a silkscreen, which is like a paint placed on after. That is why it is prone to chipping and why it is addressed in the care book.

People will experience different levels of wear based on how they treat their items.

This is not a manufacturer defect, but as I stated before, the nature of silkscreening....there is nothing LV can do differently.

Totally agree with Twinkle!:yes:

Liberté;2277052 said:
Nobody pays that amount for a wallet and expect it to be ruined in 3 months.

How is it falling apart? There's nothing structurally wrong. It's showing wear- if you continually use something, it's not going to stay 100% perfect, no matter how much you pay.

^
LIke I menioned, LV is just as much about the design as the product itself. If the design is ruined, it's about as grave as a stud falling off. Especially after that short amount of time. I guess as long as it's in the booklet, there's nothing to do, as there's a warning and it's supposed to be like that, but if they even produced the cherry blossoms more sturdy I don't see why they couldn'tve done it with the other design. Sounds lke lazy bad work to me. Of course I know that wear will tear the product and so on, just as it's customer's responsebilty if a vernis has colour transfer after it's bought. But after normal use for about three months, not object from LV should chip. NOrmal use for f.ex. a wallet would not be resting in a dustbag 80% of the time.

Again, it is really based on the level of care, that is why the address it in the care booklet, so that you will know it can be a bit fragile and treat it accordingly and have a resonable level of expectation. Many, many people have these items, including myself, and see only minimal wear and expect it.

I agree with tink,

That level of damage did not appear over night as its quite bad but as others have said it is in the care book.

whilst I understand how you feel if its in the care book then I guess they wont do anything.

I believe it is supposed to chip, to give the items a vintage look to go with the groom theme. I don't think the wallet is "falling apart" or defective, I am just sorry that your SA did not inform you of the fact that silk screened products will do this.
I feel the buyer does bear responsibility to read the care booklet & all information on any purchase, it is common sense to me to do so.
Slamming LV & saying that the work is sub-par or shoddy is wrong IMO, especially when the product in question is meant to do this very thing & LV informs every purchaser of this fact.

WARNING: eventually the groom will disappear and chip off altogether but DON'T worry its supposed to do this. its really just the wallet achieving the VINTAGE look...so don't call LV to complain if the groom disappears into oblivion...:nuts:

I have a cles and really haven't used it much, so it looks new, but I do think LV should use methods of applying designs that aren't expected to flake off. Do other manufactures use silk screen on canvas? Maybe if they placed the print under the canvas coating rather than on top it would be more durable?

WARNING: eventually the groom will disappear and chip off altogether but DON'T worry its supposed to do this. its really just the wallet achieving the VINTAGE look...so don't call LV to complain if the groom disappears into oblivion...:nuts:

Not so nuts, I think you are seriously overstating the end result.

Cerises still look fine & they haven't completely dissappeared, sorry that you were ill-informed & took no initiative to read the care booklet. I also have the same wallet & have had no issues as I read the booklet & take care of it as decribed in said booklet. I am sorry you have issues with LV.

Just to clear the air....I just want to let everyone know that I DID read the care booklet and was aware that the paint was gonna fade and look "vintage"...that is NOT what bugs me. its the fact that after less than 6 months, the paint is not merely fading but literally chipping off. I know it doesn't look that severe YET. But keep in mind that if its already doing this at this point, what more down the line???? I think the wallet structurally was made perfectly - Its just the paint that bugs me because I am not that rough with my accessories.

:roflmfao:

I think you have reason to be frustrated, but just accept it and move on to another brand, or just avoid stuff like this, because LV played it right, even though it seems cheap way to do it. And I never heard of this so called vintage look on any of the silk screen and I guess the policy would've been the same for all if the silk screening procedure was the same. Vintage cherries in only 6 months? =P

Taken into consideration what is in the book I don't think LV did anthing wrong technically, but I still think it's a bad policy, especially since they have very similar designs that chip less easily.

once again just being objective

If you bought a ring and notced a scratch within 3 months would you take it back and complain or mark it as wear and tear? You have to consider what these things go through when they are in bags.

However my BF has the groom agenda and being a man is not especially careful with it but has no problems at all with chipping or fading