Veneta Like Hobo Coming Soon

The Hop bag is a relatively new release with different sizes available!

I tried it on at the store and would love to share my little first impression on the mini format.
It comes with an adjustable and removable strap. It can be hand held, crossbody or shoulder carried - pretty practical!
The closure is not very secure as I find the magnetic tabs not strong. The opening to the bag is on the smaller side, and can be slightly difficult to get things in and out from. That being said, if someone tries to reach inside this bag, it should be rather noticeable.

It's mini but fits pretty much all your daily essentials! Phone, compact wallet, keys, earpods, lipstick, a pack of tissue.

The 2 corners of the bag is pointy and might show inevitable wear and tear in the running.

Still a very very lovely bag and would love to hear more reviews from others!

I haven't bought it yet, so please convince me if this will be a good first BV bag!View attachment 5892195View attachment 5892196View attachment 5892197
It really suits you!

Reactions: mi.kay
It really suits you!
Thank you so much. I really really love this bag and was just 99% close to bringing it home.
However I ended up not buying it because the tight opening makes the bag quite difficult to reach in and out of, and I was not sure about the long term wear and tear of the 2 pointy corners.

I'd love to see more pictures of anyone who has the small Hop bag, especially carried over the shoulder?
I have the small! I can’t remember the color name (I want to say it’s Aloe?), but here’s what it looks like over the arm and shoulder. Please excuse my messy, mid-packing background 🫣 I’m 5 foot 1 for reference, wearing an oversized sweatshirt, and it still fits nicely on my shoulder!

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 80
does anyone on the shorter side-5’4 and below- have the large hop bag? i need a bag that fits a laptop so don’t think the small hop would work. i’m looking to replace my medium jodie sadly because BV doesn’t seem to be making any more colors besides black. i’m 5’4 and afraid the large would be overwhelming on me. thoughts??

I've had the small for a few months now. The corners look sharp in pictures, but they are actually not so squared off in real life. And they are so soft with a lot of give that I think they would just get pushed in and not get scuffed or worn. I don't think I can explain exactly - it's easier to understand when you can see the bag in person. Also, the bag is so close to the body on the shoulder, and the way the strap is it doesn't swing around when you hand carry, that I find it's not banging into things frequently. The corners look as good as the day I got the bag. Hope this helps!

Thank you! I have actually seen in person and still thought the corners were super pointy! I wonder if they soften some with wear and if I was looking at a brand new one that hadn’t been handled yet. Any chance you could post some current pictures of yours?
I've had the small for a few months now. The corners look sharp in pictures, but they are actually not so squared off in real life. And they are so soft with a lot of give that I think they would just get pushed in and not get scuffed or worn. I don't think I can explain exactly - it's easier to understand when you can see the bag in person. Also, the bag is so close to the body on the shoulder, and the way the strap is it doesn't swing around when you hand carry, that I find it's not banging into things frequently. The corners look as good as the day I got the bag. Hope this helps!

Purchased in fondant! Went in planning to get black but the fondant really is just so pretty (doesn’t show well in these photos).. Excited to see how this bag wears
Hope you love it as much as I do! I'm out of town this week and don't have mine with me - will try to take pic of corners when I get back, but I don't recall seeing any wear.

Reactions: texas2015
I have tried on the large size and it's really big but I loved it! I think it would be a great travel bag but probably a bit much for an every day bag. That being said, I am petite (5 ft) but not afraid of oversize bags and regularly use my YSL icare, LV on the go GM, and neverfull GM. I personally like the shape of this bag and will probably end up with the large in Chamomile color at some point.

Meanwhile, i just ordered the small in Oyster color. I have been wanting a Jodie but was a little torn on size and could never figure out what color to get was thinking maybe Teal Washed teen). Has anyone seen this and can you describe the color? It looks like a different shade in every stock photo I've seen and I always question how accurate colors appear on my phone. Is anyone able to measure or share pic of the opening on the small, which I hear is small and hard to get things in and out of? Thiis was an impulse buy & i hadnt read this before ordering. TIA!

Last edited:
I have tried on the large size and it's really big but I loved it! I think it would be a great travel bag but probably a bit much for an every day bag. That being said, I am petite (5 ft) but not afraid of oversize bags and regularly use my YSL icare, LV on the go GM, and neverfull GM. I personally like the shape of this bag and will probably end up with the large in Chamomile color at some point.

Meanwhile, i just ordered the small in Oyster color. I have been wanting a Jodie but was a little torn on size and could never figure out what color to get was thinking maybe Teal Washed teen). Has anyone seen this and can you describe the color? It looks like a different shade in every stock photo I've seen and I always question how accurate colors appear on my phone. Is anyone able to measure or share pic of the opening on the small, which I hear is small and hard to get things in and out of? Thiis was an impulse buy & i hadnt read this before ordering. TIA!
The oyster is like a light lilac color. I think purse blog’s article on this bag showcases that color. I had also heard about the small opening but was surprised to find it bigger than I expected after hearing people comment on it being small. I was definitely confused after seeing it, the opening is the size I would expect it to be for this type of bag, not hard at all to get in and out of. See pic

Attachments

• IMG_9778.jpeg
    IMG_9778.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 22
Thank you for your reply. Do you think a small laptop would fit inside this bag? I guess I will see when mine arrives. I did see the purse blog article, that's what actually piqued my interest in that color but then it appears different in every other photo I've seen. I'm sure it's pretty regardless.