Veneta Like Hobo Coming Soon

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I shared with the SA team I work with that I’ve noticed demand for TM-era bags—notably the classic Veneta hobo—is on the rise. He shared he’s been getting calls on if BV is still carrying Veneta hobos.

It appears BV is responding. Have any of you seen this yet? He shared they sold a large one recently so I guess they’re out there.
EF324AE8-0AAC-4EEA-9197-0F24E443AF4D.jpeg34D03F46-85B1-4FB2-995F-616B7D526230.jpegDB92D3D6-0148-433E-BE7F-1AB76DD68AC9.jpeg

I remember seeing these in the FW 2023 show, and looking forward to seeing them in person. Then, I forgot about them until your post. Thank you for posting. I will have to see if they have any next time I'm near a boutique.

Reactions: jbags07
The squared off corners give it a modern edge and seem to align with the general aesthetic BV has these days. It doesn’t bother me.

I’m glad I have the old style veneta though. The old style is somehow a BV purist kind of bag. I believe the skin used on this bag is calf and I hope it wears well.

It seems to be a marriage of the Pyramid and Sloane but with a modern interpretation. My contacts at the Carmel boutique shared the small Hop is about the size of the medium Veneta hobo and the medium Hop is proportionate to the maxi Veneta hobo. The oyster color seems quite pretty and it’s on my list to ‘study’ when I visit Carmel in October.

I do not care for this new shape in the larger size, but think it looks very nice in the smaller size. I'd like to see it in person, and maybe give it some time to see wear and tear before I add it to my collection. Meanwhile, I may look for some neutral TM era Venetas. I know they are getting harder to find without significant wear.
I like the small sized one. I will have to see it IRL.

The larger is very poorly styled. I'm sure it looks much better than that in person.

I have never found the calf to be very hard wearing (re-corner wear) because BV uses a fine and satin-y calf (beautiful) but it is fairly easy to refurbish.