Van Cleef - VCA price increase thread *please include location*

Why are prices being decreased? Wouldn't that just piss off customers who bought at higher prices? I mean, it's ok to just keep the prices flat and wait for inflation to catch up... But to decrease them?

I just raced to purchase two items in my country as was also told they were going up 10%... However now that the US prices on the same items went down by about 7%, I am feeling rather cheesed off. Don't like these sneaky tactics by VCA!

Why are prices being decreased? Wouldn't that just piss off customers who bought at higher prices? I mean, it's ok to just keep the prices flat and wait for inflation to catch up... But to decrease them?

I just raced to purchase two items in my country as was also told they were going up 10%... However now that the US prices on the same items went down by about 7%, I am feeling rather cheesed off. Don't like these sneaky tactics by VCA!

I think it's about price evening across global markets. The US did have some really high prices on VCA, and one could have bought in Europe, save the VAT and save close to US$10000 depending on the purchase.

As exciting as it is to purchase something and save when abroad, it's about maintaining a viable presence in the countries where they are represented.

I got caught in the Cartier price decrease last year in the US :sad::shucks:

I have been doing some numbers and it is totally right. The U.K. Is the cheapest to buy VCA. Now after the increase on the 9th it will be more even with the other countries. I was lucky to place my order before this. By the way I asked my SA and nothing is going to decrease there.

Chanel had a US price decrease on their watches last year. I thought that in addition to evening out the prices globally it was due to the CHF being de-pegged from the euro. That de-pegging caused issues for Swiss watchmakers last year.

Totally agree!!! The older pieces that I own have gone down to my cost and new pieces went down. When that happened to Cartier last year, VCA's SA and I talked about it, they told me VCA would not do that. And now....

Went to the store just a couple days ago (I reside in US), I think pieces with diamonds go up a bit vs others went down.

So, which brands hold the values now???? Currently only my Bvlgari and Tiffany pieces are up!!! Cross my fingers!

It's great that it appears that a few items have been price adjusted. The diamond clover perlee bracelet, for example.
It's still expensive but closer to what might be considered somewhat reasonable given the workmanship.
I also wonder if VCA has become smart...realizing that once customers hear of an upcoming price increase they race out to buy except that THIS time prices decreased on items.
Seems kind of tricky.

Wow! They dropped the price of it by almost $4K! :cursing:

I think it's about price evening across global markets. The US did have some really high prices on VCA, and one could have bought in Europe, save the VAT and save close to US$10000 depending on the purchase.

As exciting as it is to purchase something and save when abroad, it's about maintaining a viable presence in the countries where they are represented.

I got caught in the Cartier price decrease last year in the US :sad::shucks:

Off topic, but is Cartier decreasing prices again, I wonder? I got on the wrong end of that stick too!

Frivole also went down! :O wowow!

Magic pendant went up $200.

Ok, now what?
My Frivole ring is less than what I paid. :sad:
This happened to me with Cartier too. Dammit, lol

I always get screwed too.

How much is the Frivole ring now compared to before? Is it the YG or diamond one that went down? Or both?