Van Cleef - VCA price increase thread *please include location*

mangowife

Seriously tempted...
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Just heard from an SA in Beverly Hills that there's a price increase coming on May 1st. She didn't say how much of an increase, but thought I'd let people know in case it they have their eye on something.

For me, I don't know if I can bring myself to spend that much... but I do love their stuff!

I think it has something to do with the weak dollar. Since VC&A manufactures it's product using the Euro, they have to keep adjusting the US prices according to the exchange rate. Just another bad effect of the weak economy...

Diana

de Grisogono is also going to have a 10% increase.

Economists say that when the dollar weakens, the price of gold strengthens. Jewelers simply have to increase their prices to keep up with the soaring price of gold.

I tried on a pair of vintage alhambra dangling earrings (a small clover on top and a large clover dangling below the small clover) and I can't stop thinking about it!

I guess with the increase, I will have to purchase it when I am overseas and buy it tax free.. :sad:

I just rang Artistic Jewelers (http://www.artisticjewelers.com/vca/index.html)
who are in the Caribbean to ask about the 20 motif. It is $9800USD at the moment but there will be a 10% price increase according to the SA I spoke to, on 1 April. But the good news is that they do layaway of up to 12 months so if you are thinking of buying then that might be a good idea. It's a 10% deposit. Apparently there are no taxes to the US but I didn't ask about other countries. I am *very* tempted. But I noticed the prices are a lot better in the UK, so if anybody from the UK knows of a jeweller that allows for layby before April 1 please PM me! Thanks.

I will ask when I go in there, but I dont think VCA do layaway? I would be a bit worried about the layby in case the jewellery shop goes bust, but if it is a really good one, you should be fine. I dont know though, I am the wrong person to answer, sorry. Will ask VCA store tomorrow.

I'm on the cusp of making a decision and the SA at Birks in Canada was going to look into it for me today but didn't get back to me yet... is this a sure thing worldwide? Anyone know? I'd love to wait until May but will definitely buy in March if this is true - thanks!!