Van Cleef - VCA price increase thread *please include location*

The only secret watch price change I am aware of from my SA is the Turquoise pendant, which went from $33,600 to $39,300. I placed an SO for a 5-motif bracelet in March. She told me that will be an additional 11% when it arrives (assuming there isn’t another price increase between now and then!) I wonder if the secret watch pendant increased so much because of the pave on the sides.

I only know that the RG Guilloche was €19.8 in August 2021. It went up 35% since!
Not sure why the carnelian didn’t go up. Maybe because it has a lot less gold and is less popular?
It is interesting how some items increased more than others. It does seem to be somewhat tied to popularity. I wonder if rare and limited stones increased tomorrow also, for example the turquoise and/or lapis. Also noted that the POMP watch seem to increase more than others in that line. The five motif bracelet seems to have increased at one of the highest percentages, and again, it’s surprising about the different policies. I was able to pre-order a bracelet that’s not available right now with the previous price, as well as special orders being prepaid at the previous price, but this was UK, so likely policies were different.

Here are some screenshots I had on my phone from tracking the Guilloche and the Carnelian secret pendant watches over the last several years. The changes and differences are very interesting. It shows a price increase from 2021 until 2022 for the carnelian but a steady price since then, as well as the price increase from 2022 until now on the rose gold Guilloche.

I’m sorry to hear your turquoise watch went up so much! However, best to get the perfect shade and pay a little more. I’m sure it will feel totally worthwhile when you add it to your collection.

Attachments

• IMG_5366.png
    IMG_5366.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5367.jpeg
    IMG_5367.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5371.png
    IMG_5371.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
    IMG_5369.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5370.png
    IMG_5370.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 81
It is interesting how some items increased more than others. It does seem to be somewhat tied to popularity. I wonder if rare and limited stones increased tomorrow also, for example the turquoise and/or lapis. Also noted that the POMP watch seem to increase more than others in that line. The five motif bracelet seems to have increased at one of the highest percentages, and again, it’s surprising about the different policies. I was able to pre-order a bracelet that’s not available right now with the previous price, as well as special orders being prepaid at the previous price, but this was UK, so likely policies were different.

Here are some screenshots I had on my phone from tracking the Guilloche and the Carnelian secret pendant watches over the last several years. The changes and differences are very interesting. It shows a price increase from 2021 until 2022 for the carnelian but a steady price since then, as well as the price increase from 2022 until now on the rose gold Guilloche.

I’m sorry to hear your turquoise watch went up so much! However, best to get the perfect shade and pay a little more. I’m sure it will feel totally worthwhile when you add it to your collection.

Last edited:
Thanks! How do you like the bracelet ? Do the motifs flip a lot since they are so small?

Thank you 😊
I love the sweet 6 motif, super comfortable. I returned the sweet pave and got the rg hammered version instead as I didn't think the pave give off enough sparkles/presence imo...since then I've purchased the 5 motif in onyx/pave and love it better on me. It all comes down to your personal preference :smile:

Hello! Does anyone know how often VCA has price increases, in a year? It is only typically once a year? As the price increase just happened here in the US, can I take my time now deciding on what next to purchase? Or would they have another price increase later this year?
the last price increase before this one in May was in 2022 October for Alhambra pieces (someone correct me if im wrong). It's not consistent because before covid, they increased their prices every few years. And sometimes the price increases are for different lines. They also sometimes have price decreases for a piece or two (but this is more for diamond pieces).

I bought the Vintage Alhambra pave 5 motifs bracelet in Oct, 2023 for $27,900 and now it's $30,500
WOW
I keep a spread sheet of all my pieces....and it would cost $23,930 more to purchase today :shocked:
I bought impulsively the Perlee diamond clover for $28,000 a in Mai. I wish I bought your pave 5 motifs instead. Not only it was slightly less expensive its also more durable and sizable!! The perlee only increase by $800 not to $2600 like you bracelet.

Reactions: lisawhit