Van Cleef in action!

Tried the 30mm Alhambra watch. Thoughts . . .
This is nice, very feminine. If that's the 30mm medium size you're wearing, seeing it on your arm, it looks like you have nice slender wrists. If you like bold watches, I think you could go bigger if you want to wear a statement watch. But if not, that size looks great, big enough so it looks elegant but doesn't come across too dainty/cutesy with the pink strap.

• Love
Reactions: 880
This is nice, very feminine. If that's the 30mm medium size you're wearing, seeing it on your arm, it looks like you have nice slender wrists. If you like bold watches, I think you could go bigger if you want to wear a statement watch. But if not, that size looks great, big enough so it looks elegant but doesn't come across too dainty/cutesy with the pink strap.
Thank you. I don't love the pink strap. It was the only one available in my size. I would change color in the future.
The issue is also whether it's the right watch or if it's too much alhambra already . . .

Reactions: BigAkoya
Tried the 30mm Alhambra watch. Thoughts . . .
Recently, I have been thinking about adding a VCA watch too but hesitant if I am going to ‘over- Alhambra’ myself!!

I like the size of the watch on you. I cannot carry big watches on my wrists because they look off proportion wise. Since you have tiny wrists too, I feel 30mm looks perfect on you.

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya and 880
Recently, I have been thinking about adding a VCA watch too but hesitant if I am going to ‘over- Alhambra’ myself!!

I like the size of the watch on you. I cannot carry big watches on my wrists because they look off proportion wise. Since you have tiny wrists too, I feel 30mm looks perfect on you.
I think the watch is very elegant but my SA thought it was too much Alhambra . . . I don't want to look at this down the road feel like I made a mistake . . .
I would change the watch strap to something with more contrast, but for now, I don't mind the pink.

I think the watch is very elegant but my SA thought it was too much Alhambra . . . I don't want to look at this down the road feel like I made a mistake . . .
I would change the watch strap to something with more contrast, but for now, I don't mind the pink.
I understand your SA’s thought process because I have the same concerns but I still feel an Alhambra watch is timeless. Just have to make sure, I tone down my other other Alhambra pieces when I wear the watch, especially since I am thinking of the PG sweet Alhambra watch with Guilloche and MOP. That can be overwhelming.

You chose a a beautiful watch. It’s a good idea to get the pink strap for now and add different colors down the line when you are looking for a change.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thank you. I don't love the pink strap. It was the only one available in my size. I would change color in the future.
The issue is also whether it's the right watch or if it's too much alhambra already . . .
For me, I personally think a VCA watch is too much, and it just feels like flashing VCA everywhere and you're a walking advertisement for VCA. The allure and elegance of VCA is now lost. Like when you see people who wear LV everything or Gucci everything. Too much. That's just me.
Also, for a watch, I prefer to go with a watch company. I'm biased, and Rolex is my go to brand. I also love the "big sporty watch on a small ladies' wrist" look. I find it a sporty, chic, and confident look. Plus, I love the sporty contrast of a big man's watch to the feminine jewelry. Or, if you prefer more feminine, I would go with Patek for sure. That's a great elegant watch brand.

Just my two cents for a different point of view.

Last edited:

I hope you try a big watch. They look so chic. You stack your bangles, so you can definitely pull off a big watch.
My Rolex Daytona is a 40mm watch, and my left wrist is 5.5". I think you will rock in a big watch with your bangle stack... for sure!

Last edited:
For me, I personally think a VCA watch is too much, and it just feels like flashing VCA everywhere and you're a walking advertisement for VCA. The allure and elegance of VCA is now lost. Like when you see people who wear LV everything or Gucci everything. Too much. That's just me.
Also, for a watch, I prefer to go with a watch company. I'm biased, and Rolex is my go to brand. I also love the "big sporty watch on a small ladie's wrist" look. I find it a sporty, chic, and confident look. Plus, I love the sporty contrast of a big man's watch to the feminine jewelry. Or, if you prefer more feminine, I would go with Patek for sure. That's a great elegant watch brand.

Just my two cents for a different point of view.
As always, you're spot on and you reminded me of something I had forgotten about. A customer walked into Chanel who was totally, ridiculously and uncomfortably laughable. She was wearing head-to-toe Chanel. When I mean head-to-toe, I mean Chanel boots, Chanel Bag (and probably wallet, keychain, checkbook cover, etc. etc.), Chanel jeans, Chanel belt, Chanel Jacket, Chanel "pearls," Chanel bracelets, Chanel Brooch, Chanel earrings, Chanel rings, and the topper--the haute couture uber-gorgeous Chanel diamond camellia watch--the big one. She had obviously spent a fortune, and all the SA's were orbiting around her, no doubt telling her how fabulous she looked, when instead, IMHO she looked like a walking fashion-victim.
I do not want to look like that.
So thank you for the note of levity. This forum, opinions and the feedback are just as important for the disabling as they are for the enabling!

Last edited by a moderator: