Van Cleef in action!

As always, you're spot on and you reminded me of something I had forgotten about. A customer walked into Chanel who was totally, ridiculously and uncomfortably laughable. She was wearing head-to-toe Chanel. When I mean head-to-toe, I mean Chanel boots, Chanel Bag (and probably wallet, keychain, checkbook cover, etc. etc.), Chanel jeans, Chanel belt, Chanel Jacket, Chanel "pearls," Chanel bracelets, Chanel Brooch, Chanel earrings, Chanel rings, and the topper--the haute couture uber-gorgeous Chanel diamond camellia watch--the big one. She had obviously spent a fortune, and all the SA's were orbiting around her, no doubt telling her how fabulous she looked, when instead, IMHO she looked like a walking fashion-victim.
I do not want to look like that.
So thank you for the note of levity. This forum, opinions and the feedback are just as important for the disabling as they are for the enabling!
That was funny! I was visualizing this woman you were describing, and I can totally relate as I have seen similar women dressed like that.

For you, with all your VCA bling and pearls, I visualize you as an elegant, refined chic lady... hmm... I vote a Patek Phillipe watch. :smile:

I hope you try a big watch. They look so chic. You stack your bangles, so you can definitely pull of a big watch.
My Rolex Daytona is a 40mm watch, and my left wrist is 5.5". I think you will rock in a big watch with your bangle stack... for sure!
Thank you so much for the suggestion. Next year, that’s what I am planning to do. Research, try on different sizes to see which ones look good on me in reality versus which ones looked good on me in my head. I am going to take my time with the decision, probably the entire year but it’s okay. I plan to add just one nice watch for work so I want to take my time deciding. These days, I find myself trying things outside my comfort zone so will try the 40 mm too:hbeat:.I will never know till I try.

As always, you're spot on and you reminded me of something I had forgotten about. A customer walked into Chanel who was totally, ridiculously and uncomfortably laughable. She was wearing head-to-toe Chanel. When I mean head-to-toe, I mean Chanel boots, Chanel Bag (and probably wallet, keychain, checkbook cover, etc. etc.), Chanel jeans, Chanel belt, Chanel Jacket, Chanel "pearls," Chanel bracelets, Chanel Brooch, Chanel earrings, Chanel rings, and the topper--the haute couture uber-gorgeous Chanel diamond camellia watch--the big one. She had obviously spent a fortune, and all the SA's were orbiting around her, no doubt telling her how fabulous she looked, when instead, IMHO she looked like a walking fashion-victim.
So thank you for the note of levity. This forum, opinions and the feedback are just as important for the disabling as they are for the enabling!
+1
All the brainstorming gives newer and different perspectives, which is always helpful!

I love both the Frivole pave BTF and the Lotus BTF. They are both statement pieces.
If I could only have one, I would choose Frivole. The Lotus is nice, blingy and bold. I have been wearing it open for a really bold look which I love. But Frivole... to me, it is like one big blingy flower pave ring. So beautiful. The ring itself is smaller than the Lotus ring (bigger is not always better), but from a diamond perspective, Frivole shows the glittery diamonds in all its glory. It's because all the pave on the petals are at one level and the angled petals are stunning. They catch the light and sparkle. There is no other metal to distract the pave. Lotus is more playful, you see the metal of the vines and leaves. The eye is drawn to the metal, and hence it takes away a bit from the diamonds. With Frivole, the eye is drawn to the sparkle of all the diamonds. To say it another way, Frivole is a glittery pave diamond ring. Lotus is a bold cocktail design ring. I hope that made sense.

Since you have the earrings, I think the matching BTF ring would be a perfect set!

To enable you, (and to also practice my photography skills)... I took a few more photos. Yes yes.. I know... bad lighting, photo is crooked, there are shadows... so please forgive the crappy photos.
But here they are so you get an idea...

Cover one ring and look at each separately... Notice how when the Lotus ring is open, the eye is drawn to the metal first, then the eye wanders as it is a busy ring. Now cover the Lotus ring with your hand and look only at Frivole. The eye is drawn to the center and all you see are glittering pave diamonds. Frivole is truly a work of art in my opinion. I say go for it.

Oh, the last photo is the Frivole cubby hole where they sleep at night, so you can get an idea of what a set would look like.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 5083992View attachment 5083993View attachment 5083994
#VCAGOALS

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Well ok- this can be true of Chanel
But with VCA I think of Grace Kelly with three strands of Alhambra 20 motif on plus earrings & and looking amazing

Your observation of the SAs orbiting around her offered a great reminder to how much i should listen to SAs suggestion when picking for my own style. I’ve thought that since SAs meet people from all walks of life everyday, they must have developed insights to people’s character, and aesthetic fatigue toward flashy branded looks, and therefore they are less likely to react to people based on their appearances. But recently I had the experience that proved me too idealistic: I walked into a high end shop dressed casually and asked for a quote on a custom made item, the SA said to me their product are the most expensive out of all available on the market; when I asked for care instruction, she said ‘our clients don’t clean these things themselves, they have maids doing it for them’. When I tried to ask more questions, it was obvious she was discouraging me from wasting her time further. I didn’t react to it right then because her behaviour just seemed too shallow to be worthy of an honest feedback. But I wondered how much she can succeed in helping clients finding things special to them, without the ability to see people for who they are, outside of their appearances. /rant

Last edited:
Well ok- this can be true of Chanel
But with VCA I think of Grace Kelly with three strands of Alhambra 20 motif on plus earrings & and looking amazing
Of course, and it looks fabulous. But Grace Kelly wore her jewelry, it wasn't wearing her. There's a balance to be achieved and we don't always see what someone else does, so there's an inner narrator and and outer. However, if you love it and it looks good and you carry it with confidence, it works.

Your observation of the SAs orbiting around her offered a great reminder to how much i should listen to SAs suggestion when picking for my own style. I’ve thought that since SAs meet people from all walks of life everyday, they must have developed insights to people’s character, and aesthetic fatigue toward flashy branded looks, and therefore they are less likely to react to people based on their appearances. But recently I had the experience that proved me too idealistic: I walked into a high end shop dressed casually and asked for a quote on a custom made item, the SA said to me their product are the most expensive out of all available on the market; when I asked for care instruction, she said ‘our clients don’t clean these things themselves, they have maids doing it for them’. When I tried to ask more questions, it was obvious she was discouraging me from wasting her time further. I didn’t react to it right then because her behaviour just seemed too shallow to be worthy of an honest feedback. But I wondered how much she can succeed in helping clients finding things special to them, without the ability to see people for who they are, outside of their appearances. /rant
There's a famous story about just that. An American woman walked into one of the haute couture salons in Paris--I think Emmanuel Ungaro. She was wearing jeans, a white shirt and tennis shoes (before this was ubiquitous) and asked about about wedding gowns. She was directed to their "ready-to-wear" shop down the street. She marched next door to Christian Dior--haute couture--where they were most gracious and did not judge her by her clothing. She proceeded to order not just the wedding gown, but clothing for the entire wedding party--bridesmaids, ring bearer, ushers, etc. etc. Bridal attire is the bread-and-butter of couture. The order then, 30 years ago +, was over $1 million.
Sadly, your vendor hasn't learned that this kind of profiling doesn't work anymore, especially since everyone dresses so casually now.