Shoes Valentino Shoes CARE & MAINTENANCE Thread

I really wish id seen this before last night :sad: i just bought the kitten heel in the matte black and nude leather ankle strap..i knew i should have protected the sole before the first wear but i didnt realise quite how fragile they are! my friend who was a fashion intern said they put masking tape on the bottom of shoes when they do shows so they can give them back to the designer unharmed..but the combination of a wet ground/sticky floor last night meant the tape merged into the sole, i tried to scrub it off but the damage is done, i cant look at them until its sorted!! can you go into cobbler and actually request vibram sole? i asked about the toe tips but it seems quite expensive here in UK..£14.95 thats like $18?!

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_211753.jpg
    IMG_20170226_211753.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,468
Congrats very exciting getting your first pair ! I have one also but want another pair very soon ! My cobbler didn't do tips so he put extra sole on bottoms half way anyway. Should last awhile with those he did a great job . I would definitely look at getting tips or another sole on top done but go to a good place . I had worn mine out once before I got them done and the area under the tip of shoe was already wearing

hi, which cobbler in sydney did you go to and did they do a good job? im scared that my shoe will get damaged while they put the sole on! i dont want a single scratch or dent.

6315C6D8-E423-4011-B716-A4363FDA3AF1_zpsz9kc64ut.jpg
Does anyone have any advice for caring for rockstud block heels? I just got a new pair and plan to wear in Vegas next week...I would be extremely upset with myself if I scuffed the heels. Should I protect with something now? Thanks!

Reactions: meowmix318
Hi! Does anyone know of a direct phone number for Valentino customer service? Their website lists a phone number for online ordering or you can fill out an online form. I filled out the online form 2 days ago, but haven't heard back despite them promising a response within 24 hours. I need some replacement studs and I can't seem to find a way to contact them directly. Thanks!!

I really wish id seen this before last night :sad: i just bought the kitten heel in the matte black and nude leather ankle strap..i knew i should have protected the sole before the first wear but i didnt realise quite how fragile they are! my friend who was a fashion intern said they put masking tape on the bottom of shoes when they do shows so they can give them back to the designer unharmed..but the combination of a wet ground/sticky floor last night meant the tape merged into the sole, i tried to scrub it off but the damage is done, i cant look at them until its sorted!! can you go into cobbler and actually request vibram sole? i asked about the toe tips but it seems quite expensive here in UK..£14.95 thats like $18?!
Minabug88,
I recommend you have the vibram and the metal tip added to your Valentinos so you won't get the tip scuffed. Mine did slightly the 1st 2 times I wore them before I did the sole. The tips of my Aquazurra Christy flats are very scuffed and the sole worn at the very tip because I didn't add anything. These shoes are real leather, more delicate than other shoes and being pointy, they wear faster at the tips.
I don't think you'll be able to see the sole spot once you wear the shoes a couple of times; it will wear off with time. Good luck!

I got some scratches or looked like ink or my nude patent pump. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove it?
My friend told me to try acetone. since it in the front of the shoes im a lil hesistant to do that.
Tried patent cleaner it didnt remove the ink.

hi, which cobbler in sydney did you go to and did they do a good job? im scared that my shoe will get damaged while they put the sole on! i dont want a single scratch or dent.
Sorry I know this reply is late I havnt been on here in awhile I went to one in the strand arcade in the city but I can't remember the name of it he did a good job