Shoes Valentino Shoes CARE & MAINTENANCE Thread

Hi Ladies,

There is a lot of advice here for flats and such but what would you recommend for the t-strap high heeled valentinos? Would you still suggest the metal tip and re-soling the bottoms with rubber?

Thanks!

Hello everyone! I just picked up my Rockstud flat from cobbler. But I thunk the new soles he did looks very ugly. There are not thin, and you can see the soles very clearly under.. Here some photos. What do you think guys, should I bring the shoes to other cobbler?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,272
I have the valentine rockstud flats in black with gold studs. the tip of the shoe wears out soo quick! love them as they are very comfortable but would bring this to a cobbler to get a rubber sole put on them first.

Hi Annie81.....I have my cobbler add a thin rubber 'vibram' style half sole after a few wearings. I also have them add a metal protector right at the tip. These were done at least 2 years ago....maybe three and are still working well:smile:.

I use Santana Creative as my cobbler. Isaac in ATL is my contact.....they have a store front at the Phipps Plaza area and one in Miami at Art Basel. The repair facility is in NC.

HTH:flowers:

View attachment 3022178

View attachment 3022179
Hi! What did you ask for to get the rubber sole and the metal tip?? I don't know what to tell my cobbler :P

thanks!!

Hello everyone!! I have just ordered a pair of patent rock studs and I have been reading this post. A lot of you mention plastic tip or metal tip but I don't know what that looks like or where you get that from to show the cobbler.
I really don't want him to mess up these super expensive shoes and I know for a fact they never deal with expensive shoes, they like to resole most shoes even without asking! If I had a pic it would be easier. I have seen the one with a metal circle of some sorts but what does the plastic tip look like and does it protect the leather on top?

hi!
did you put the vibram right away after you buy the shoes?
my SA in CL said that i should put vibram after the soles wear out..
and does the metal tip will make sound when you walk with it? and how it can protect the tip??
thank you :smile:

hi ladies,
i live in the IN area and i am not sure where to find a great cobbler for my pair of rock stud flat. i have wore it one time and the sole had already wearing off. i think i need a protector for my shoes :sad:

Mine have a thin extra sole underneath similar to the colour under the flats I didn't get anything for the toe part as I find the extra sole kind of lifts it enough so the sole dosnt hit the ground as I walk anyway. I got this done because after first wear I noticed the tip was already wearing! I have found best way to stretch them is wearing them around the house a bit before I go out with socks on as it opens them up. They've only now started to be comfortable when I walk in them it's taken about 10 wears I used to get such bad blisters

This tip i asked the cobbler to put on is very good. I will have this done on all my rockstuds now. The tip of the shoes is so fragil.
And i have also put a plastic cover on the heels so they wont be so rugged up.

16388065_10210881693731566_2466115512041845435_n.jpg

@Luxlynx Where are you located? I just got a pair of Rockstuds (Noir, Matte Black) and want to get this done before I start wearing them! I'm located in Southern California (Orange County area) and having a hard time finding a good, reputable cobbler.
Any recommendations would be great!

This tip i asked the cobbler to put on is very good. I will have this done on all my rockstuds now. The tip of the shoes is so fragil.
And i have also put a plastic cover on the heels so they wont be so rugged up.

View attachment 3592397
Do you mind me asking how much it cost to put on these tips on your rockstuds? I own 2 pairs and have worn them both only a few times and have been careful with them w/of scratching them but I know I could benefit from adding tips to my heels.