Shoes Valentino Shoes CARE & MAINTENANCE Thread

I bought two pairs of Valentino Rockstud Caged Pumps 100mm and they came with a beige linen type dust bag instead of the red one I most commonly see. Does anyone know which shoes come with a red and which with a beige dust bag and what's the difference?

Planning on buying the rock studs...I went to a cobbler for my Louboutins who put an anti slip thing at the bottom for $65 bc he said the leather is thin down there. Is this also necessary for the rockstud heels? Thanks!!

Planning on buying the rock studs...I went to a cobbler for my Louboutins who put an anti slip thing at the bottom for $65 bc he said the leather is thin down there. Is this also necessary for the rockstud heels? Thanks!!
I say always put rubber roles on expensive shoes you want to keep around a long time, esp if you're a "hard walker" like myself, or plan on wearing these often on outdoor pavement.

Not sure if anti slip is same as rubber sole. If not, I prefer rubber sole.

Reactions: holycooooow
i posted a thread in the main valentino forum, and then i found this so i'll ask it here too, sorry for the double up!
how do you all store your shoes? do you keep them in the box or have them out on shelves? do you allow light to hit them? i have them in my cupboard and its quite dark and maybe just gets some light coming through the door (walk in robe) but its not direct light.

has anyone heard of or experienced the leather changing colour? i feel like my poudre ones the patent part has changed colour, it definitely is not identical or at least very very similar to the nappa leather and if anything it kind of doesn't have that pinky tone to it.
since posting this on the main V thread, i've realised that yes, the patent has definitely changed colour (not so drastic, but it is noticeable) and is more beigey/yellowy :sad: found a chanel thread that said patent leather changes colour. have any of you experienced this with your shoes in any colour??
i do have some pics from when i first got them and the two leathers weren't identical in colour, like the nappa leather was darker but the tone of colour was the same