US Customs discussion - airports, importing

I was told by my FSH SA he can ship exotics, hence his offers but I haven’t decided on which. The shipment is automatically sent out tax free and I pay local import tax on arrival. London Bond St can send me whatever as I have family and a local address in the UK. I am not located in the US. HTH!

Have you decided which exotic to choose? Please share photos!

I’m planning to buy an H croc bag in Paris. What would be the customs duty for a croc bag around $30k? My sister that lives in Asia is planning to meet me in Paris and use my account to shop at H so I can score a croc bag, how’s the customs duty process if some of the items are going to Asia after VAT refund?

I’m planning to buy an H croc bag in Paris. What would be the customs duty for a croc bag around $30k? My sister that lives in Asia is planning to meet me in Paris and use my account to shop at H so I can score a croc bag, how’s the customs duty process if some of the items are going to Asia after VAT refund?

If your sister is buying some of the stuff, can she have them shipped to Asia from FSH? IDK their practice if it is all being purchased on your card. Or can you ship yourself and show customs the shipping documentation? She will have to pay tax in her country. It seems a shame to pay taxes here too.

If your sister is buying some of the stuff, can she have them shipped to Asia from FSH? IDK their practice if it is all being purchased on your card. Or can you ship yourself and show customs the shipping documentation? She will have to pay tax in her country. It seems a shame to pay taxes here too.

that’s what I thought. The only problem is if we ship some, we can’t claim VAT. Our flight is 3 hours apart so we can go to the airport together. Btw, she couldn’t get the bag anymore since she has bought quota bags in Asia. Apparently Paris H system is linked worldwide now!!

• Wow
Reactions: Hermes Zen
that’s what I thought. The only problem is if we ship some, we can’t claim VAT. Our flight is 3 hours apart so we can go to the airport together. Btw, she couldn’t get the bag anymore since she has bought quota bags in Asia. Apparently Paris H system is linked worldwide now!!
Oh wow I wonder if this is a new thing- a friend got her bags in Paris and now she's trying to get it locally too in another country in Europe...

What airport was your port of entry if you don’t mind to share and how long does the process take?

One of the NYC airports. The tariff rate is technically standardized (https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=4202.21.3000 ), but I've had agents do anything from wave me through, to just charge a flat 3%, so it's highly dependent on the agent. Process has taken anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on how much I'm declaring.

Reactions: lulilu and vr8