UPS delivered an EMPTY box!

I had a different issue. I was returning the zipped card holder a while back, when you used to have to call and wait for CS to email a return label. It was a Friday and the label got emailed right before I was getting ready to leave work. Back then I had no UPS near there to drop off, just a box on my way home. So normally if I had something for UPS, I would just hold on to it until the next time we got a package and ask the driver to take it. Because the label came and the box was very small, like an idiot I decided just to drop it in the box and get it on it's way instead of waiting. Well of course I keep checking tracking and nothing. Had LV search for it, nothing. Neither AMEX or LV would help me because it was never scanned and there was no proof I actually dropped it in the box. So it was stolen by whoever cleared the box and I was out my 400.

I can't really blame them due to the circumstances, but it doesn't make me feel better about losing $$. NEVER AGAIN will I drop anything in a pickup box.

OP - I hope your issue is solved quickly. At least you know your CC will back you if you get nowhere otherwise.

I’m so sorry it happened to you!
We are known for notoriously stupid drivers who won’t even ring the bell in Luxembourg and once a UPS guy even delivered my parcel to a frigging university instead of my work company that is a huge 17 floor red building!!! You can’t miss that!
However I was lucky and it was only MK shoes (worth 250€) which were reimbursed.
I learned my lesson and everything I can, I either do not pick up so it goes on their warehouse and for LV I definitely pick up on the boutique (even the perfume).
Girls (and guys) always video when you open ANY package! Video proof > any falsified signature

I hope they will send you a new one to the store this time, as reimbursement never feels the same.

I had a different issue. I was returning the zipped card holder a while back, when you used to have to call and wait for CS to email a return label. It was a Friday and the label got emailed right before I was getting ready to leave work. Back then I had no UPS near there to drop off, just a box on my way home. So normally if I had something for UPS, I would just hold on to it until the next time we got a package and ask the driver to take it. Because the label came and the box was very small, like an idiot I decided just to drop it in the box and get it on it's way instead of waiting. Well of course I keep checking tracking and nothing. Had LV search for it, nothing. Neither AMEX or LV would help me because it was never scanned and there was no proof I actually dropped it in the box. So it was stolen by whoever cleared the box and I was out my 400.

I can't really blame them due to the circumstances, but it doesn't make me feel better about losing $$. NEVER AGAIN will I drop anything in a pickup box.

OP - I hope your issue is solved quickly. At least you know your CC will back you if you get nowhere otherwise.
Oh noooooo, that’s a horrible situation. I’m so sorry that LV or the CC company didn’t help. It’s very unfair when innocent people pay (in this case literally) for others actions and dishonesty

I'm really curious to see what will happen from lv side. because normally the law is on their side when you accepted the package like that.
otherwise everyone can say the box was damaged and empty and they have the purse or what ever for free

I hope you get a new Card holder or your Money back but from lv side I think you should Show a bit Patience .. lucky you it wasnt much Money like a purse or something like that.
Agree too.

I think it's good you went to your CC company and at least got your $ back. I can understand both LV and UPS wanting 14 days to complete their investigation, they take time. With as much theft and fraud today, I wonder how many people actually file false claims? Not at all saying or implying you have, I don't doubt you for a second. It just makes me wonder? Guess that is the cost of doing business these days.

Fortunately I live near a store so if I do order online I'm able to have it delivered to the store if I choose. What a headache for you, hopefully the resolution ends in your favor!

After reading this thread, I had ordered the zippered card holder and it was delivered today. Box looked slightly wonky, and yet, told UPS guy I wanted to open in his presence. He said, no problem and would take it back if I didn’t want to accept. First box from LV was seemed off. Might have been damaged in transit, but even receipt sleeve was bent. All was fine, but think doing in store going forward. My usual UPS guy was off today.

Do you mind my asking why you returned zipped card holder? I really wanted the older on I believe was discontinued or discontinued in US.

After reading this thread, I had ordered the zippered card holder and it was delivered today. Box looked slightly wonky, and yet, told UPS guy I wanted to open in his presence. He said, no problem and would take it back if I didn’t want to accept. First box from LV was seemed off. Might have been damaged in transit, but even receipt sleeve was bent. All was fine, but think doing in store going forward. My usual UPS guy was off today.

I don't order much online from LV, but since I have a store close by I don't think I'll ever have a home delivery. I'd rather let LV assume the risk for damaged or missing merchandise.

Reactions: Bronzi522
I don't order much online from LV, but since I have a store close by I don't think I'll ever have a home delivery. I'd rather let LV assume the risk for damaged or missing merchandise.
This is one of my biggest nightmares: that my LV would either arrive in damaged packaging or someone will yank it off my porch. In the last month I have had a birthday card from my mom arrive with the Starbucks card yanked out (Starbucks, seriously??) and another Poshmark package arrived completely torn open and rubber banded (yet miraculously, because it was a microscopic Maria Tash earring, it arrived buried in the bottom of the envelope). Now I am not accusing the UPS or USPS of nefarious actions (and certainly not my awesome mail carrier) but the track record for me lately has not been great, so I am overly paranoid.

Reactions: LucyLaLaLVoer
Is it possible for someone in UPS or any other delivery system service to figure out company codes etc and know when they are delivering something from a high end retailer?
Or is it just that very valuable items have to be treated differently, which alerts the delivery staff to the potential of stealing that item?
It is concerning.

Is it possible for someone in UPS or any other delivery system service to figure out company codes etc and know when they are delivering something from a high end retailer?
Or is it just that very valuable items have to be treated differently, which alerts the delivery staff to the potential of stealing that item?
It is concerning.
Don't all boxes have return addresses on them? I know pretty much all of the things I buy from companies on line have the address AND name. And of course, many places like Sephora and Nespresso and Williams Sonoma use big logo stamped boxes.

I have never ordered online from LV, so I dont know what their exterior packaging looks like.

Don't all boxes have return addresses on them? I know pretty much all of the things I buy from companies on line have the address AND name. And of course, many places like Sephora and Nespresso and Williams Sonoma use big logo stamped boxes.

I have never ordered online from LV, so I dont know what their exterior packaging looks like.

Its plain, it doesn't look like its from a fashion house.

And the return label name is addressed to L. V. N. A. Which is Louis Vuitton North America

Reactions: Tayyyraee

big brown, plain box! Plain as day. But as soon as its opened, it has 'LOUIS VUITTON' in the interior on the flap :smile:

Reactions: COCOLUVR