UPS delivered an EMPTY box!

Since everything LV sends requires signature, I'm sure it was easy for them to point out that UPS didn't follow the correct shipping procedures.
It was a VERY obvious cover up by UPS. I think it was a criminal collusion that involved people higher up in the company in the local area. Two days after my incident, I was told by LV associates that another lady had the same issue.

UPS is NEVER supposed to leave a package with a value above $50, it has to be signed for. Not only was the package left, but the idiot signed my name AND mispelled it! While I was at work.
Actually, that's not true. I use to work for UPS and they leave plenty of packages valued at over $50 with no signature. That's not a high value at all. (High value is more like upwards of $1000+). It depends on the amounts and specific shippers or if the customer is requesting a signature also. I've had plenty of things delivered over $50 without a signature. Recently, they have raised rates and changed signature procedures forcing a lot of businesses to just have the driver's release the package without a signature. (I'm just talking business only, not residential customers).
In your case it was clearly theft and falsifying a signature which was really horrible and I'm sorry that happened to you. Luckily it was caught on your camera also. It's a shame that you can't trust a lot of people in this world anymore either.

Last edited:
Actually, that's not true. I use to work for UPS and they leave plenty of packages valued at over $50 with no signature. That's not a high value at all. (High value is more like upwards of $1000+). It depends on the amounts and specific shippers or if the customer is requesting a signature also. I've had plenty of things delivered over $50 without a signature. Recently, they have raised rates and changed signature procedures forcing a lot of businesses to just have the driver's release the package without a signature. (I'm just talking business only, not residential customers).
In your case it was clearly theft and falsifying a signature which was really horrible and I'm sorry that happened to you. Luckily it was caught on your camera also. It's a shame that you can't trust a lot of people in this world anymore either.
Thanks for explaining. Locally, the protocol is to not leave anything with a value higher than $50 and the customer has to sign for it. The local LV places so many restrictions that I literally couldn't change the form of delivery (like pick the package up from a local center, have it sent to my job location, etc.)and leaving a package was not an option. When my package was left at 10 am and I saw that it was signed for after checking the UPS website, I immediately contacted the appropriate personnel because at that point 2 rules in delivery protocol were breached. Later I saw that my name was even mispelled. Obvious cover up but because UPS reimbursed LV, and they reimbursed me, the matter was dropped.

Reactions: vinbenphon1
Thanks for explaining. Locally, the protocol is to not leave anything with a value higher than $50 and the customer has to sign for it. The local LV places so many restrictions that I literally couldn't change the form of delivery (like pick the package up from a local center, have it sent to my job location, etc.)and leaving a package was not an option. When my package was left at 10 am and I saw that it was signed for after checking the UPS website, I immediately contacted the appropriate personnel because at that point 2 rules in delivery protocol were breached. Later I saw that my name was even mispelled. Obvious cover up but because UPS reimbursed LV, and they reimbursed me, the matter was dropped.

That just sounds odd to me. I've never heard of any center operating that way. The only way that makes sense if the location is in a high theft area. And it's impossible for the drivers to know the value of every single package? There's just no way of knowing that. The typical protocol I've always been aware of is placing specific customers on a permanent signature required status if it's unsafe to leave packages deemed by the driver or customer.
So when you place an order through LV you can't have it delivered to your workplace? It only lets you send it to your house? You should be able to have a separate billing and shipping address.

I understand that your particular delivery was a blatant theft/signature falsification and I'm sure the experience was very frustrating for you.

Reactions: LucyLaLaLVoer
That just sounds odd to me. I've never heard of any center operating that way. The only way that makes sense if the location is in a high theft area. And it's impossible for the drivers to know the value of every single package? There's just no way of knowing that. The typical protocol I've always been aware of is placing specific customers on a permanent signature required status if it's unsafe to leave packages deemed by the driver or customer.
So when you place an order through LV you can't have it delivered to your workplace? It only lets you send it to your house? You should be able to have a separate billing and shipping address.

I understand that your particular delivery was a blatant theft/signature falsification and I'm sure the experience was very frustrating for you.

Online deliveries are fine. I have delivery flexibility when placing an order online without issue. The extreme restrictions come from my local LV store, I can't change anything when it's shipped from the boutique to my home. I have never had issues until this situation and it had been so restrictive I had to be home to get my package or else it would go back to the boutique. Now, I absolutely refuse to have anything shipped from the boutique to my home. These USP people aren't fools, they know when they pick up a package from LV to deliver to a clients home, that it's something of value. That was my argument, "they knew it was something expensive if they are picking it up from Louis Vuitton." I had to ask for a shipping confirmation, never had to do that before. I'm just glad this foolish ended in me getting my money back.

L

So sorry for so many post on your thread. All of the rage from my experience came flooding back after seeing what happened to you. It's not right.
Thank you for sharing! I posted my story to let others know what can happen and to be extra careful. I can’t believe how many people have had a similar experience. It makes me feel just a tiny bit better that I’m not the only one. But at the same time, I feel horrible that I’m not the only one who’s been through this.

Thank you for sharing! I posted my story to let others know what can happen and to be extra careful. I can’t believe how many people have had a similar experience. It makes me feel just a tiny bit better that I’m not the only one. But at the same time, I feel horrible that I’m not the only one who’s been through this.
Yes, unfortunately thieves are becoming more and more brazen. I never thought I would have this happen until it happened to me. Of all the bags I've bought, the one that was stolen was one of only 50 made. It would have been the rarest one in my collection. I had even grown suspicious of the CA that found and sold me the bag, only found out later that he was innocent of involvement. The bag was deemed "lost" by UPS. Really? So it just disappears traveling from the boutique to the delivery truck to my home, which is within a 25 mile radius? No, it was "stolen."

I did call UPS several times with concerns of this being an "inside job" so that if this became a growning problem in my metro area, the regional executives (if that's what it's called) at UPS can look into it and deal with all of those are involved internally by prosecuting them. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a major league black market for designer handbags around here.

Yes, unfortunately thieves are becoming more and more brazen. I never thought I would have this happen until it happened to me. Of all the bags I've bought, the one that was stolen was one of only 50 made. It would have been the rarest one in my collection. I had even grown suspicious of the CA that found and sold me the bag, only found out later that he was innocent of involvement. The bag was deemed "lost" by UPS. Really? So it just disappears traveling from the boutique to the delivery truck to my home, which is within a 25 mile radius? No, it was "stolen."

I did call UPS several times with concerns of this being an "inside job" so that if this became a growning problem in my metro area, the regional executives (if that's what it's called) at UPS can look into it and deal with all of those are involved internally by prosecuting them. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a major league black market for designer handbags around here.
Oh no, on top of everything it was an exclusive bag... were they able to find another one? Out of curiosity, which bag was it?

The good news is that the overwhelming majority of these situations get resolved in one way or another. It's unfair, infuriating, and very inconvenient but luckily there are three avenues of recourse- LV, Ups, or your credit card. It will be fine in the end. At least this kind of theft can be resolved- I've been the victim of theft where it cant and that's what really sucks.

Oh no, on top of everything it was an exclusive bag... were they able to find another one? Out of curiosity, which bag was it?
It was the silver and yellow Spring Street bag. I came in the store looking for it after seeing it on this forum, was told they had one but it sold before anyone knew it was there. The CA that helped me did a national search and none were available because as stated, he said there were only 50 made. He had one for me a week later because a lady ordered it but decided not to get it. I guess those particular UPS thieves got lucky. Since then, I've ordered something from LV online and it was delivered with no issue.

Reactions: lovecouture
Attention to all those receiving shipments in from UPS... I was delivered an empty box!

I had been stalking the website for the coin card holder in jaune and it finally popped up. I made it through the checkout process and received shipment confirmation a day later.

The box was delivered by my regular ups driver on July 15th. As he handed it to me, I noticed the side of the carton LV shipping box was damaged and torn. I didn’t think anything of it because I’ve received other shipments where boxes were damaged but the contents were intact, so I thought nothing of it.

So I pull on the tear-away price of cardboard to open the box the way it is meant to be opened, and I notice the advertisement insert for the new blossom was bent and torn. I take the gift box out and notice the blue decorative robin wasn’t on the box, it was bunched up and placed on top. At this point, my stomach turns and I know something ain’t right.

I proceed to open the LV gift box and I find....and EMPTY dust bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone opened the side of the box, managed to pull out the contents, take out the coin card holder and tried to put everything back inside!

So I’m freaking out at this point and call LV. So now an investigation is underway and can take up to 14 business days. During that time i do not get a refund or the item. Today, ups came to pick up the damaged box for inspection and we’ll see what happens.

I’ve received many very expensive shipments via UPS, 2 of which were Rolex watches! I never ever thought that something like this would happen. Neeldless ro day, I will be videotaping me opening every box I receive from this point forward.

Sorry that this happened to you. They should return your money to you ASAP. If you paid using a credit card, you can dispute this right away. Remember, there is only a period of time for this. Don't wait too long.