UK Chanel Club - Manchester Branch in Selfridges

So pleased i found this thread! I have been in a few times and agree there were teething problems initially, but they seem to be getting better now....apart from the endless wait for the packing which has got no better!

I need to pick up my necklace tomorrow (not impressed - pearl came off after 1 wear 1 week after buying - had to be shipped back with a 6-8 week repair time) so i will have a look whether the navy has gone or on hold. I know they were rearranging last week for new season, so maybe it's just in the back?

Once I was looking at this necklace at the boutique and I noticed a few pearls have already fallen off.I told the SA and she said this happens all the time as the material is very delicate (not cheap as I imagined).I ended up buying the necklace anyways because the SA fixed those pearls for me and gave me a couple spares in case these 'delicate' pearls fell off again.Oh and get this,they use nail polish to glue the pearls!!

Okay off of that topic...does the Manchester Chanel branch receive their stock more quickly than the Chanels in London?I remember the Manchester branch got their light silver reissue about a week or so before any reissues arrived in London.Now brendating is saying there's the navy 227 in Manchester and there's no sign at all for the London boutiques :confused1:...I could seriously die from the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the light silver reissue in there about 2 weeks ago. The SA told me that they never know what is coming in (handbag- wise) or what the other stores get - it just arrives.
Although saying that, they knew what clothing is arriving and in what size when they took my order...hmmm!

I went to Chanel again today.. there are so many new flap bags.. dark silver reissue (not sure it's 226 or 227), gold reissue, navy (10") black distressed calfskin with new chain (Bijoux?? but SA told me that it's called Link chain), White (it looks more golden pearl)...

BTW, the pink flap one is sold out... I wonder if Brendating took her... hehe

Ps this is what they are doing in the back - this is my new python tote in tan. It really made me laugh as the tissue is all lumpy and patched together. I would have preferred the box but they didn't ask. looks like they had fun though and took them about 15 mins...

Is this the dark silver? I call it pewter and got it at the end of Nov from Manchester.

Attachments

• chanel wrap.JPG
    chanel wrap.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 172
  • reissue edit.JPG
    reissue edit.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 182
^Ooh dying to see that python tote,can you please post a pic please?? I can't beleive that they packed it like that!!! What were they thinking?? Also yes, that is the dark silver reissue in the 2nd pic!

Here it is. Is a light tan/ beige and really really light to carry. Was £3180 (eek!). I had a huge debate in the shop over this or the classic flap in the same tan python (flap also had a tassle which nearly swung it for me). Went with tote for a change. Has a detachable inner zipped compartment and a sweet chain interwoven key chain too.

Attachments

• python edit.JPG
    python edit.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 336
I went to Chanel again today.. there are so many new flap bags.., (10") black distressed calfskin with new chain (Bijoux?? but SA told me that it's called Link chain), White (it looks more golden pearl)...

OMG...... I'm in the US and I'm looking for the black distressed calfskin. No one has seen it in the states just yet. Do you remember if the calfskin has the matte finish? Or was there a sheen/finish on the leather?

This gives me hope!

OMG...... I'm in the US and I'm looking for the black distressed calfskin. No one has seen it in the states just yet. Do you remember if the calfskin has the matte finish? Or was there a sheen/finish on the leather?

This gives me hope!

Hi Kern23.. I bought this black one back. It's quite smooth and sheen. Hope this may help :smile:

Attachments

• 30012008206.jpg
    30012008206.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 30012008208.jpg
    30012008208.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 140