UK Chanel Club - Manchester Branch in Selfridges

Has anyone been to Manchester boutique last week since restrictions were lifted. Just wondered what the experience was like and if they had much in. Deciding whether to go tomorrow or later this week

Has anyone been to Manchester boutique last week since restrictions were lifted. Just wondered what the experience was like and if they had much in. Deciding whether to go tomorrow or later this week

I went last Wednesday and there seemed to be quite a lot of stock in terms of bags. I got exactly what I was looking for (medium beige 19) in terms of bags but they didn't have any of the shoes that I'd been eyeing up. There were some beautiful coloured minis!

In terms of the experience they were only allowing groups of 2 in the store and a maximum of 3 separate groups at any one time so I had to queue for a short while. You also had to wear masks and gloves which were provided. You were allowed to touch the bags with your hands but they wouldn't let you try the bag on your body or for it to touch your clothes (which is a bit odd given they were also letting people try on shoes). So the buying experience was ok if you had tried on a bag before or were just looking for a top handle but I think to purchase especially a cross body which you haven't tried before might be a bit tricky.

Happy shopping!

Reactions: no5
I went last Wednesday and there seemed to be quite a lot of stock in terms of bags. I got exactly what I was looking for (medium beige 19) in terms of bags but they didn't have any of the shoes that I'd been eyeing up. There were some beautiful coloured minis!

In terms of the experience they were only allowing groups of 2 in the store and a maximum of 3 separate groups at any one time so I had to queue for a short while. You also had to wear masks and gloves which were provided. You were allowed to touch the bags with your hands but they wouldn't let you try the bag on your body or for it to touch your clothes (which is a bit odd given they were also letting people try on shoes). So the buying experience was ok if you had tried on a bag before or were just looking for a top handle but I think to purchase especially a cross body which you haven't tried before might be a bit tricky.

Happy shopping!
That’s really helpful thank you. I might give it a go and see. I’m not after anything in particular but just really want some eye candy and see if anything grabs my fancy like an SLG. I wouldn’t mind seeing the small vanity with chain in person but think they are like hens teeth in the UK. Thank you for sharing your experience.

That’s really helpful thank you. I might give it a go and see. I’m not after anything in particular but just really want some eye candy and see if anything grabs my fancy like an SLG. I wouldn’t mind seeing the small vanity with chain in person but think they are like hens teeth in the UK. Thank you for sharing your experience.

No problem! They had some really lovely colours in store which were all very tempting! I didn't see any small vanities out but that's not to say they didn't have any in the back. The experience was actually quite pleasant with very few people allowed in the store... LV on the other hand was another story. One of the SAs told me people had been queuing for 3 hours. I passed on that! Hope you find something nice :smile:

Anyone have any information on what Trendy CC’s are in the Manchester branch at the moment? After black with GH
Hi, I was recently looking for a black trendy in small but they only had medium available so they had it sent up from New Bond Street. This was a couple of weeks ago so may have had a new delivery but I doubt it. I also think the price has risen, not heard any word on an official price increase but they’ve definitely increased the price of trendy cc’s on the Chanel website by around £200.

Hi, I was recently looking for a black trendy in small but they only had medium available so they had it sent up from New Bond Street. This was a couple of weeks ago so may have had a new delivery but I doubt it. I also think the price has risen, not heard any word on an official price increase but they’ve definitely increased the price of trendy cc’s on the Chanel website by around £200.

Thank you! Yeah I saw on the website on Monday they’d increased the price of the Trendy and the Coco Handle too.

I’m a little nervous about getting them to send up from London as if it wasn’t in perfect condition I wouldn’t want to take it, especially as it’s lambskin. I’d want to proper inspect it and ideally I’d like a couple to compare but guessing they wouldn’t send more than one up. I’m guessing you didn’t have to pay for it until it had arrived and you’d properly checked it over? It’ll be my first Chanel and I’ve been reading the horror stories on the thread about bad quality so it’s just scared me into making sure I check over the bag properly before buying

Hi, I was wondering if the situation with trying on bags at Chanel in Selfridges, Manchester has changed since the last comment which said you are given a mask and gloves and can touch the bags but not try them on your shoulder etc.

I’ve been eyeing the Cf and Boy for about 5 yrs. I wish I’d bought them ages ago now cos this years price increase is horrendous. If I buy both in a medium it will be over 9k for 2 handbags . I might only be able to buy one now and if the CF increases again, I won’t be buying it as I’d set myself a 5k limit. I’ve been in and looked at them, but on the shelf only, haven’t opened them, seen inside tried them on etc etc. So I think I’ll have to go in store, don’t think buying online is a good idea. Anyone?

im just worried I won’t be able to try them, and I think I should try them (I live an hour away so I usually only go to Manchester City centre once a year). I feel I need to do this before the next price increase which I fear is imminent.

also, any advice on what the staff are like in there these days. I saw some comments but they are old now.

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if the situation with trying on bags at Chanel in Selfridges, Manchester has changed since the last comment which said you are given a mask and gloves and can touch the bags but not try them on your shoulder etc.

I’ve been eyeing the Cf and Boy for about 5 yrs. I wish I’d bought them ages ago now cos this years price increase is horrendous. If I buy both in a medium it will be over 9k for 2 handbags . I might only be able to buy one now and if the CF increases again, I won’t be buying it as I’d set myself a 5k limit. I’ve been in and looked at them, but on the shelf only, haven’t opened them, seen inside tried them on etc etc. So I think I’ll have to go in store, don’t think buying online is a good idea. Anyone?

im just worried I won’t be able to try them, and I think I should try them (I live an hour away so I usually only go to Manchester City centre once a year). I feel I need to do this before the next price increase which I fear is imminent.

also, any advice on what the staff are like in there these days. I saw some comments but they are old now.

Thanks
Hi the situation is the same. You still have to wear gloves and a mask. You can touch the bags with gloves on. If you’re seriously thinking of buying of course you can hold the bag against you but if you change your mind it doesn’t matter as the bag will just go into quarantine.

I would just go in and have a browse. Get there for opening at 10am if you can. The SAs are very attentive because of the limited numbers in boutique. I would go in sooner rather than later. I personally would get the flap first but you’ll know what you want once you’ve been into the boutique and tried a few on or at least had a look. Good luck :flowers:

I’m sure once you’ve been in, had a browse you‘ll have a better idea what you really want.

Hi the situation is the same. You still have to wear gloves and a mask. You can touch the bags with gloves on. If you’re seriously thinking of buying of course you can hold the bag against you but if you change your mind it doesn’t matter as the bag will just go into quarantine.

I would just go in and have a browse. Get there for opening at 10am if you can. The SAs are very attentive because of the limited numbers in boutique. I would go in sooner rather than later. I personally would get the flap first but you’ll know what you want once you’ve been into the boutique and tried a few on or at least had a look. Good luck :flowers:

I’m sure once you’ve been in, had a browse you‘ll have a better idea what you really want.
Thanks. I agree best to go sooner rather than later. I wish I’d bought it last year now after this years horrendous price increase.

will they seriously do another increase this year? I Really hope not.

i think I’ll ring up first and make sure they have in what I’m after. I don’t want a wasted trip. Will they get something in for me if they don’t have it in stock?

Thanks. I agree best to go sooner rather than later. I wish I’d bought it last year now after this years horrendous price increase.

will they seriously do another increase this year? I Really hope not.

i think I’ll ring up first and make sure they have in what I’m after. I don’t want a wasted trip. Will they get something in for me if they don’t have it in stock?
I think its inevitable that there will be a price increase either later this month and by November for sure. They usually have a good selection of classics and boys but best to check. They will if there is stock elsewhere but I usually just ask them where has stock and order direct from them. Boutiques are a bit precious about transfers more so now during Covid times so if I want something I contact the other boutiques as I have ordered by telephone from most if not all in the UK.

The problem is I don't find that the SAs are proactive enough and we all know how popular these pieces are and sell out fast. The most sought after pieces I have tracked down myself. That is usually with colours or seasonal pieces or SLGs. But with a classic you should be okay. I couldn't source a Maxi about 3 years ago and they ordered me one direct from Paris so they can be more helpful with classic bags I think. Good luck and let us know how you get on :flowers:

Reactions: lady-dior
I think its inevitable that there will be a price increase either later this month and by November for sure. They usually have a good selection of classics and boys but best to check. They will if there is stock elsewhere but I usually just ask them where has stock and order direct from them. Boutiques are a bit precious about transfers more so now during Covid times so if I want something I contact the other boutiques as I have ordered by telephone from most if not all in the UK.

The problem is I don't find that the SAs are proactive enough and we all know how popular these pieces are and sell out fast. The most sought after pieces I have tracked down myself. That is usually with colours or seasonal pieces or SLGs. But with a classic you should be okay. I couldn't source a Maxi about 3 years ago and they ordered me one direct from Paris so they can be more helpful with classic bags I think. Good luck and let us know how you get on :flowers:
Hopefully it will be the smallest of price increases after what happened in May. That price increase was late so it’s a bit soon to do another price increase tbh (in my opinion, lol)

I'm probably after CF in black, SHW either lambskin or caviar (do they make it in any other leathers in black?) and the boy, also in black, calfskin, RHW (it’s on the website now). I’d order over the telephone Or online but I think I need to go in really and have a good look at them , make sure they are ok, nice and puffy nothing wrong with them etc and get the full Chanel in store experience which is also part of the excitement of buying the bag(s).