Tumbleweed, oh tumbleweed...

I do believe that TE said they made the leather lighter this year (in the F/W2010 thread).

Riry, I already posted this in the other thread to you, but I love the smog (serious love, why am I broke right now?!) and surprisingly I think the Burnt Orange is interesting because it looks more cognac there. I would like to see Whiskey too!

Great photos! And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: my Tumbleweed in Tumbleweed Brown Sugar is one of my all-time favorite bags. It is a gorgeous specimen!

Edited to add: Are these made from a different leather than mine? It doesn't look as pebbled, rugged, and heavy as mine. The leather is one of my favorite things about it!

Oboogie, the pictures that you posted of your brown sugar made me want to get it. But no, the leather on the Nordstrom one is not the same. It's shin/glzed. The only bag that has the rough, rugged feel (which is what I want) is the burnt orange. The brown sugar is just not the same without the pebbled leather.

Watson'sMom.... that puts a whole new spin on things. I never considered getting multiple bags. But then, which two? I need to go back and get the whiskey to add to the decision-making.

Beeb, NutmegLotus, Celts20... I'm with you and leaning towards the smog... it's rugged, but still quietly beautiful.

Thanks for everyone's input!! I'm still agonizing...

Another vote for gray color. I have been lusting after a gray bag for years. And I cannot find a color that matches what I have in my head. I think this color is it.
I like the style too. I guess I didn't realize the bag was so big.
I really don't think you can go wrong with any of those colors though.
As usual, I am no help at all.;)

They changes then wonderful chewy tumbleweed leather?? I have my beloved green surplus Wunderkinder out and the leather is what I love the most!!

I really am loving all the colors...so I do not think you can go wrong...

I also will echo Watson's Mom...if you know you love it...and want more then one color...now is the time to decide that...once these styles are gone, they are gone! Searching for things on the secondary market because you missed it the first go round kind of stinks!

Was at the mall this morning, so took a walk into Nordstrom's to see if they had the bag, which they did in black, blue, and whiskey (I think). Very pretty, although I would have liked the strap to be a bit thicker and with an unfinished backing (but that's just me :biggrin:). The colors were gorgeous and it is a BIG bag. The tumbleweed is very different than last season's, thinner and not as "chewy."

Joan

I've decided on the smog!! I just returned all the other bags... my wonderful Nordie's SA and I have become best buddies through this whole ordeal. I just love the customer service there. The smog color comes out light in the pic that I posted, but it's a bit richer and varied than what it seems like. It's sort of a mix of darkish gray, taupe, and a little bit of olive. If I had the money, I would seriously, seriously buy this bag in a few colors. BUT... must keep to my budget.

I'm longing for the thick, pebbled, chewy leather that you all are posting about from last season. As soon as I save enough money, I'm hoping to search for the Favorite Bookend in brown sugar. That's the chewy leather like Oboogie's gorgeous Tumbleweed, right?

Thank you ladies for your help!! I'm so happy with this smog Tumbleweed!!!

I have a feeling it might be specific to Nordstrom... the price is $248 versus $277 on MHB. Although I did check MHB, and in the pics, the Tumbleweed seems to have a glaze to it.

For some reason, only the burnt orange at Nordstrom has that pebbly, rough texture.

I'm longing for the thick, pebbled, chewy leather that you all are posting about from last season. As soon as I save enough money, I'm hoping to search for the Favorite Bookend in brown sugar. That's the chewy leather like Oboogie's gorgeous Tumbleweed, right?

Thank you ladies for your help!! I'm so happy with this smog Tumbleweed!!!

Enjoy your lovely smog bag, riry! And yes, Favorite Bookend is in the same leather as my Brown Sugar Tumbleweed. Which, by the way, I'm going to get out to carry tomorrow. :love: