Tumbleweed, oh tumbleweed...

I was getting ready to order the Tumbleweed in Whiskey and I saw the comments about the Tumbleweed not being as chewing as last year, now I am second guessing spending the money. Riry how thin is the leather IYHO? And is it really smooth or does it have some texture to it? I really love my Favorite Bookend in Brown Sugar and that is what I was looking forward to in this handbag.

TIA
Peac

Angellove14- the leather is definitely not too thin. It's a bit thicker than the Linea Pelle Dylan, if you're familiar with that line. It's not entirely smooth, but there's a subtle glaze to it. IMHO, this leather doesn't really translate in the brown sugar. Brown sugar seems like it needs to be more rugged. In the smog, however, I think this current texture seems to work better. It can be either casual or even a little more refined for more versatility.

I liked the whiskey in person for the same reason I liked smog. It can go casual or even a little more dressy. The whiskey has dark brass zippers, so it doesn't have the same contrast as the ones with the silver zippers. That's probably a matter of personal preference. If you're looking for the same leather as your Favorite Bookend, go for the burnt orange. Or, maybe order both to compare and return the one you don't want?

I'm carrying my smog for the first time today... it goes well with my skinny jeans, silk tunic, and silver jewelry. I'm happy because I know that if I wear ripped jeans and biker boots tomorrow, it will match as well. Overall, just a fantastic bag.

I've seen the military... it's a touch brighter than what shows on the catalogs and websites. Kind of a moss green. In the pictures, it seems like it has brownish undertones, but IRL it does not. Hope that helps.

By the way, I am loving my smog bag. It honestly adds an oomph to my outfits. I can't say enough good things about the color, design, texture, etc..

I am getting another one today for my sister as an early Christmas/birthday gift. Her clothing style is completely different from mine, but she ADORES this bag, and it completely complements her style, too. This just might be the perfect bag.

I decided to order this bag in the brown sugar! I nearly went for the military but the description of it being a little brighter than shows online scared me off. I can't wait to see it in person, the last and only Tano bag I've seen is my French Nanny from a few years ago which is in the crunch leather. I'm intrigued by the washed buffalo. :smile:

Linda

Lisa Jay, I think you'll love the smog. There are some variations in shading from bag to bag. When my Nordie's SA put two of the smogs side by side, one of them (which I ended up choosing) was definitely darker, so it had an interesting olive undertone to it. Maybe when you order it or buy it in person, ask to see a few or have the seller send the darkest (or lightest, depending on your preference) one in stock.

Here's a fun update: my extremely helpful and patient Nordie's SA got this Tumbleweed in smog, too!! She said that all the time she spent with me examining the merits of the bag made her realize how perfect it was for her, too. :biggrin: