TNT to remake DALLAS

Yes, the way she left the original show left the door open for her to come back because it was never said whether she died or not. That would be SO GREAT to see her come back and throw a monkey wrench into Bobby's marriage and maybe see her and Cliff. Plus, can you imagine the look on JR's face when he sees Pam!

Cliff was mentioned last night, so I'm hoping Ken Kercheval will reprise his role soon, also.

My DH and I said the same thing about Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs) how he has "plumped up" and Charlene Tilton just looks witch-like. (Never liked her, anyway!)

When Sue Ellen said John Ross' name....it was like going back in time. She sounded exactly the same saying it on the show last night as she did 20 years ago.

And DANG, has TV changed, I remember when all you could say was Damn and Bish, now, you can say, which I heard on the show, A$$hold, sh!t, and one other I can't remember, but
And yes I know it's tnt, but still!
ETA: And LOVE that South Fork is still there part of the show. I miss miss Ellie and Jock!

It was "Bulls#!t". I couldn't believe I heard either word! LOL!

And, I'm also glad they kept the theme song. It's iconic, how could they not though!?!? I still wanna go back to N. Texas and vist Southfork since I didn't when I lived there.

NOOOOOOOOOO! I loved JR's eyebrows. They're like a whole other character.
Loved this show.
I'm too young to watch the original (wasn't allowed), but I've been watching it online. I wish Dynasty and Dallas would just be re-aired on the major networks.

Where did you watch online? Is it instant on Netflix?

I don't recall seeing Jordana Brewster in anything else. I Goggled her and was surprised that she is Latina. She has thin lips.....better to me than artificial fish lips but not really the look that's popular for a sexy young actress today.

It's more than just thin lips, it's like she has veneers or dentures and her teeth are awkward when she talks.

She started out on All My Children and then on As the World Turns as Hal Munson's long lost daughter.

Yes, the way she left the original show left the door open for her to come back because it was never said whether she died or not. That would be SO GREAT to see her come back and throw a monkey wrench into Bobby's marriage and maybe see her and Cliff. Plus, can you imagine the look on JR's face when he sees Pam!

Cliff was mentioned last night, so I'm hoping Ken Kercheval will reprise his role soon, also.

My DH and I said the same thing about Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs) how he has "plumped up" and Charlene Tilton just looks witch-like. (Never liked her, anyway!)

When Sue Ellen said John Ross' name....it was like going back in time. She sounded exactly the same saying it on the show last night as she did 20 years ago.

All of them will be coming back, but more so in cameo roles. Linda said on Wendy the other day that Charlene will be doing several pop ups and she didn't say anything to Victoria.

I also read somewhere that they offered cameos for Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Aark (Gary and Val) since they are Lucy's parents, but he turned it down since it was only a cameo.

I was thinking last night, wouldn't it be interesting if we found out that Pam disappeared with Bobby's biological child and had him with her all these years and when she comes back to town, she brings him with her, and I would love to see John Ross' face (with all that I'm a Ewing down to my DNA!...talk.

It was "Bulls#!t". I couldn't believe I heard either word! LOL!

And, I'm also glad they kept the theme song. It's iconic, how could they not though!?!? I still wanna go back to N. Texas and vist Southfork since I didn't when I lived there.

I remember reading something about that ranch a while back, something like they were going to tear it down, but of course that never happened.

And yes, they needed that old theme song...Bill Conti at his best (Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Dallas, Rocky, all the great themes, you name it!) It you go to youtube, they have a mix of all of the theme songs he wrote over the years.

I loved Dynasty's and Falcon Crest's theme!

Last edited:
I have not watched it yet as I have been away but heard that Bobby's adopted son is Kristin's biological child. Remember Kristin, Sue Ellen's sister who had the affair with JR and was the one who shot him? Is he Kristin's son? And if so who is the biological father?

loved the opening with the theme music and the photography done the same old way. and i didn't realize how nostalgic i was for this until Sue Ellen mention the "Cattle Baron's Ball."

and i want the name of Linda Gray's plastic surgeon. she's had work done but she looks great!

I have not watched it yet as I have been away but heard that Bobby's adopted son is Kristin's biological child. Remember Kristin, Sue Ellen's sister who had the affair with JR and was the one who shot him? Is he Kristin's son? And if so who is the biological father?

Bobby and Pam adopted Christopher when he was a baby. He is Kristin's biological son, but his father was a guy named Jeff Faraday. Bobby got the baby from Faraday after Kristin died. Bobby was planning to bring the baby to JR because Bobby still thought JR was the baby's father. Pam saw Bobby and the baby before Bobby could get to JR and she thought Bobby was bringing the baby to her.

I'm in Dallas, and here they were reporting 7 million viewers watched the premiere (nationally.) That sounds pretty good for TNT, right? The city is about to give the production company mega-benefits to stick around awhile. LOL.

I Dvr it and just finished watching. I really like it! Love all the plotting and scheming. I so hate summer reality stuff ( other than my real housewives) and night soap drama is what I needed! I got so excited with the opening credits! Ah, nostalgia.