TNT to remake DALLAS

i watched the original sporadically ... it was on Friday nights and i was in High School and then college. i remember the whole "who shot JR?" thing ... it was big! they lost me when they killed off Bobby for a season then brought him back, presented as the whole season he was dead was just a dream. i don't remember if was Bobby's dream or Pam's dream, think it was Pam. by then the show had jumped the shark and got desperate for me. i watched Knot's Landing a lot more because it was on Thursday nights (i think).

i found the new show entertaining.

I LOVED Knot's Landing. I was in HS, too. Have you ever seen the KL forum? Kind of fun to kill some time there.

It's good so far! Jesse Metcalf is adorable.

Larry Hagman seriously needs an eyebrow trim.

Yes to both! :yes:

I really enjoyed last nights show. I'm sure part of it was nostalgia. I remember watching that show every week with my parents growing up. I don't remember everything that happened in the original, but enough.

One thing that amused me was that South Fork always looked huge to me back in the 80's. Now it looks smaller compared to the huge houses we see on shows like Real Housewives, etc. Well, that and I'm older now. ;)

Yes to both! :yes:

I really enjoyed last nights show. I'm sure part of it was nostalgia. I remember watching that show every week with my parents growing up. I don't remember everything that happened in the original, but enough.

One thing that amused me was that South Fork always looked huge to me back in the 80's. Now it looks smaller compared to the huge houses we see on shows like Real Housewives, etc. Well, that and I'm older now. ;)

I'll take Southfork over any of the houses on RH of BH or any other RH franchise ANY day!!!

Couldn't help myself.

smiley-eyebrow.gif

untitled-21.png

NOOOOOOOOOO! I loved JR's eyebrows. They're like a whole other character.
Loved this show.
I'm too young to watch the original (wasn't allowed), but I've been watching it online. I wish Dynasty and Dallas would just be re-aired on the major networks.

Loved this show.
I'm too young to watch the original (wasn't allowed), but I've been watching it online. I wish Dynasty and Dallas would just be re-aired on the major networks.

that's funny!:roflmfao:
he has what used to be called Brezhnev eyebrows. he was a leader in the Soviet Union and had crazy eyebrows like that.

i watched the original sporadically ... it was on Friday nights and i was in High School and then college. i remember the whole "who shot JR?" thing ... it was big! they lost me when they killed off Bobby for a season then brought him back, presented as the whole season he was dead was just a dream. i don't remember if was Bobby's dream or Pam's dream, think it was Pam. by then the show had jumped the shark and got desperate for me. i watched Knot's Landing a lot more because it was on Thursday nights (i think).

i found the new show entertaining.

Yep, it was Thursdays....this show was a spinoff of DALLAS too. Gary was JR and Bobby's baby Brother.

Did you all like the show?

I watched the repeats.... I thought it was a great idea to bring the originals back on to help anchor the show. Without them it would have been lackluster....

Loves: That they kept the theme song and just updated it.
Loved how Bobby almost pimped slapped John Ross for talking about Miss Ellie.

LOVED JR and the comments about Oil being even thicker than blood. His rejuvenation kinda reminded me of Sophia in the Color Purple...Loved his one liners too.

Loved how Ann got the got....but sucked she didn't shoot.

They must be serious about this show to get a scene on the 50 Yard line of the Cowboy's stadium!

Dislikes:
I don't know what the He!! is up with Jordana Brewster's face but it is driving me crazy!! She has Veneers, or Botox in the top lip or something, cause it's reminding me of Demi Moore...Maybe it's cause Jordana has a lollipop head now....too skinny.

John Ross is a little prick....he's a bit annoying.

Chris' bride...she has potential

Chris--Jessie Metcalf's body is kind soft and plump...I don't find it all that sexy...

And DANG, has TV changed, I remember when all you could say was Damn and Bish, now, you can say, which I heard on the show, A$$hold, sh!t, and one other I can't remember, but
And yes I know it's tnt, but still!

And the sex scenes now, geez, just show it all!:cool:

ETA: And LOVE that South Fork is still there part of the show. I miss miss Ellie and Jock!

Loved this show.

TNT used to show all the old episodes of Knots Landing and Dallas....I think SOAP network used to show KL....maybe they will start to show them again if the interest is there.

I don't recall seeing Jordana Brewster in anything else. I Goggled her and was surprised that she is Latina. She has thin lips.....better to me than artificial fish lips but not really the look that's popular for a sexy young actress today.

Yep, it was Thursdays....this show was a spinoff of DALLAS too. Gary was JR and Bobby's baby Brother.

Did you all like the show?

I watched the repeats.... I thought it was a great idea to bring the originals back on to help anchor the show. Without them it would have been lackluster....

Loves: That they kept the theme song and just updated it.
Loved how Bobby almost pimped slapped John Ross for talking about Miss Ellie.

LOVED JR and the comments about Oil being even thicker than blood. His rejuvenation kinda reminded me of Sophia in the Color Purple...Loved his one liners too.

Loved how Ann got the got....but sucked she didn't shoot.

They must be serious about this show to get a scene on the 50 Yard line of the Cowboy's stadium!

Dislikes:
I don't know what the He!! is up with Jordana Brewster's face but it is driving me crazy!! She has Veneers, or Botox in the top lip or something, cause it's reminding me of Demi Moore...Maybe it's cause Jordana has a lollipop head now....too skinny.

John Ross is a little prick....he's a bit annoying.

Chris' bride...she has potential

Chris--Jessie Metcalf's body is kind soft and plump...I don't find it all that sexy...

And DANG, has TV changed, I remember when all you could say was Damn and Bish, now, you can say, which I heard on the show, A$$hold, sh!t, and one other I can't remember, but
And yes I know it's tnt, but still!

And the sex scenes now, geez, just show it all!:cool:

I enjoyed it and it was good seeing some of the cameos. Sue Ellen still looks good.

There's talk that Victoria Principal may pop up on down the line. That would be interesting. I was reading that Jesse Metcalf let it slip in an interview. I'm trying to figure out how she would come back. I thought she had a disease and was dying when she left originally. Guess she would be in remission or cured?