There's nothing worse than.....

OK....me...walking down the street...looking hot (if I do say so myself :P:roflmfao:)....carrying my Natural Chamonix 35 Birkin, which a few of you became acquainted with whilst in NY......two girls walking close behind me...one says to the other "You know what? There's nothing worse than a ****ty, knock-off bag"...giggle giggle......the two pass me, and glance back in my direction, making it obvious that the comment was intended for me!

LMAO - you know what? There's nothing worse than people that can't tell a knock-off from the real thing.

You know what sucks, though. Instead of holding my head high, knowing that my Birkin wonderful, I walked along thinking great...everyone thinks my bag is a fake. I think this is God paying me back for thinking nasty things about other peoples clothing all the time..........:rolleyes:!!!!

Dont feel bad GF. Its sucks that some people have nothing better to do then act like real asses. Just let it come in one ear then out the other. Whats the use of exerting all the needless energy thinking about *itches like that, KWIM? Jealousy shows its face in many different ways, some more blunt then others.

BTW I think your Birkin must have looked really stunning(and of course you too)! :graucho:

I'm sorry you had that experience. :sad: They probably didn't have enough knowledge about Hermes Birkins to know what chamonix is. I wish people cared less about trying to feel superior or put each other down. In any case, you know the truth and it's sad they felt the need to make that comment.

I think I would have said, bravo for recognizing it as a Birkin but contrary to what they thought, it was in fact directly from Hermes. where I live, no one recognizes anything except coach. People that know I'm into handbags constantly ask me if I love handbags so much why don't I buy a coach handbag. Oh well, they can't be helped. Love love love your cham birkin

Dont feel bad GF. Its sucks that some people have nothing better to do then act like real asses
Couldn't say it better!:yahoo:

I love it when someone asks me if something is real or authentic. I have several answers depending upon whom is asking. Usually I have a good laugh, to myself, and answer of course it isn't real! I save that for the real jerks. Sometimes my answer is "look at me, do I look like I would wear a fake?" That usually leaves them speechless.;)

My favorite just happened recently. I was having a pedicure and the salon was playing a DVD of THE INSIDE MAN with Jody Foster and her Birkin. The lady next to me begins to lecture me, I was carrying my vermillion swift GP that day, about Hermes and the prices etc. She was so wrong about everything she said I stared to laugh. As she was leaving, her parting comment to me was "love your bag!" LOL! I take all these people with so much salt that I should check my blood pressure!

OH, GF, I loved your Birkin!!

Those women you saw have no class unlike your friends you met up with in NYC!

As you grow older, comments like this will probably cease. It's a compliment to you that they thought you young and lovely and probably their age ( besides they were jealous and ignorant )

I thought you young and lovely too!

WHAT???????? That GORGEOUS, STUNNING, I-DON'T-EVEN-HAVE-ENOUGH-DROOL Birkin I saw in Alaska last week??????? A couple of bimbos thought it was.....FAKE??? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: !!

EXACTLY!!! I've seen that bag in person and even fondled it, it is drop-dead fabulous and they are complete airheads.

If it makes you feel any better, I had some 17 year old twit on Stylediary messaging me that my Kellys & Birkins were "fakies from Purse parties" :rolleyes:

Well, I guess there are some benefits to living here in the sticks where I live. You could hit somebody in the head with an authentic Birkin bag and they wouldn't have a clue if it came from Paris, Walmart or KMart...:rolleyes:

I think we live in the same neck of the woods! :P

I'm always surprised when someone actually does recognize Miss Birkin!

FYI - just as with my jewelry, if a stranger asks me if it's real, I always deny it.

I'm with the girls who are happy to let people think the bag (or jewelry/designer clothes) is a copy. It's always better to be low key. You know it's H, and people who know H will know it's the real deal. Post a pic please?

GF - not that the rest of your H bags aren't too, but that Chamonix of yours is amazing!

But at least the girls making that comment were young and clueless! It's even worse when the idiots making the comments are Neiman Marcus and Saks handbag department SA's and yes, it happens all the time. Apparently if it's not an "it" bag that they can sell, it's not worth their time. It's ugly. And boring. And not-worth-the-money. Heard it all.

I have a new one to add after this weekend. Fairly attractive middle-age guy waiting for his girlfriend outside a dressing room sees my Birkin and announces loudly to the world at large "Hey - that's a Birkin! Do you know how much them there things cost? They're like $8000! Yeah - whenever I see a girl carrying one of those I run the other way - too high maintence - would never date a girl who carried those - someone buy that for you?? Where'd you get it? Huh? Huh?"

20 people turned around to stare - I swear I turned 5 shades of purple and ran away without a response as fast as possible. I spent the rest of the day trying to come up with a cute, clever answer I could have said instead of bolting - anyone have any suggestions???:smile:

GF - not that the rest of your H bags aren't too, but that Chamonix of yours is amazing!

But at least the girls making that comment were young and clueless! It's even worse when the idiots making the comments are Neiman Marcus and Saks handbag department SA's and yes, it happens all the time. Apparently if it's not an "it" bag that they can sell, it's not worth their time. It's ugly. And boring. And not-worth-the-money. Heard it all.

I have a new one to add after this weekend. Fairly attractive middle-age guy waiting for his girlfriend outside a dressing room sees my Birkin and announces loudly to the world at large "Hey - that's a Birkin! Do you know how much them there things cost? They're like $8000! Yeah - whenever I see a girl carrying one of those I run the other way - too high maintence - would never date a girl who carried those - someone buy that for you?? Where'd you get it? Huh? Huh?"

20 people turned around to stare - I swear I turned 5 shades of purple and ran away without a response as fast as possible. I spent the rest of the day trying to come up with a cute, clever answer I could have said instead of bolting - anyone have any suggestions???:smile:
WHA??!?!?!?!?!?!????!? That is CRAZY!!!! Are droves of functionally insane people just walking among us these days???

I would've told him that I only had to do away with 2 husbands for this one but you should see the croc one I have at home! I don't even want to tell you how many had to be sacrificed for that baby! LOL!

Fairly attractive middle-age guy waiting for his girlfriend outside a dressing room sees my Birkin and announces loudly to the world at large "Hey - that's a Birkin! Do you know how much them there things cost? They're like $8000! Yeah - whenever I see a girl carrying one of those I run the other way - too high maintence - would never date a girl who carried those "

I would have said, "Thats okay, I'm sure your penis is too small for my standards anyway."

GF,
I am still thinking about that incredible Birkin of yours --- I am so grateful for having made its acquaintance, ;). That being said, something similiar happened recently, near my Hermes as I was exiting with a rather large Orange bag (only filled with perfume and a Boliude from spa), but carrying my Devi Kroell hobo due to the rainy weather. Two women crossed me in the street and one of whom was carrying a pretty bad fake red Birkin. They gave me an awfully mean up and down look and then loudly snickered and laughed as they passed and I could hear them....it was not kind and not classy, nd I tried to just shake it off, but it nevertheless got to me a bit.
So I very much appreciate your story and it is good to now that these silly things happen all over the world and it is best to just shake off these incidents and love our beautiful pieces despite the occasional ignorance and jealousy of others.

Well, I think what has been said is that jealousy makes people nasty. Sorry that so many have had unpleasant experiences. When ever someone asks me...is that real...how much did you pay for that...I just say "My mother told me that it is impolite to ask such questions." (I had this happen at a car wash recently. An older gentleman, and I use the term loosely, was commenting about Range Rovers...and how anyone would be stupid to purchase one. ) Let's face it, the world is full of dumb ass's and you can't change them. They are happy to be this. Having said this of course...I have had so many problems with that stupid car...but I wouldn't have told him that!