The Twilly and Hermes Handles

Why not! The only thing tacky would be fake Hermès twillies. I got these really cute MCM twillies that I got in Korea that I use all the time with Hermès bags. Some of the door ones are really pretty.

I use my Fendi Wrappy on my bags all the time, and I get complements all the time, even from the Hermes SAs in my home store. There is nothing wrong with dressing up your bag the way you like it.

Thank you, I appreciate the input and I will now be restyling my bag!

Reactions: lala28
Is it wrong or gauche to use a non-hermès twilly for my bag? I have a bunch of Dior ones that I love more than some of the Hermes ones but I don't know if it'd be considered "tacky"...

i don’t think so! in fact i got a dior twilly just for my kelly! it’s a tad longer than a hermès twilly so i find it even easier to tie. i posted it a while ago but here it is again:

IMG_5844.jpg

OMG. OMG WHERE did you find that Mitzah?! I've been looking everywhere and I can't find that one in Canada ANYWHERE. I'm so jealous!

I bought it last year (maybe around February or March) at Saks downtown Toronto! I haven’t bought any since, was this a seasonal item? i wanted to buy my initial but the colour for “C” is orange and that’s my least favourite colour. lol.

Is it wrong or gauche to use a non-hermès twilly for my bag? I have a bunch of Dior ones that I love more than some of the Hermes ones but I don't know if it'd be considered "tacky"...

I don’t think so. My humble opinion is try out whatever makes you smile. I try to have fun with my creations even if some of the ideas in my head don’t turn out so well in reality. For example, I had an idea several years ago to make a twilly out of lizard instead of silk twill. I had scraps of red lizard skin in my craft room so I ended up cutting a pattern and sewing my own exotic twillys. It was more work than it was worth and ultimately, the end result wasn’t all that great, but it was a fun experiment nonetheless! IMG_3294.jpg.

P.S. please try not to mock me too much :smile: