The Twilly and Hermes Handles

For my knowledge, May I ask why wrap one twilly on a 2 handle handbag? Is it because it makes the twilly pop (stand out more?) Or just personal preference? I assumed the SA would tell you to wrap both handles so the handles will look identical (leather condition wise). Thank you!

For my knowledge, May I ask why wrap one twilly on a 2 handle handbag? Is it because it makes the twilly pop (stand out more?) Or just personal preference? I assumed the SA would tell you to wrap both handles so the handles will look identical (leather condition wise). Thank you!
I wrap only one handle especially if it's a dark coloured bag .Its for the pop of colour on the bag and not to protect the handles .I don't like the look of both handles wrapped unless someone is using for protection.

I wrap only one handle especially if it's a dark coloured bag .Its for the pop of colour on the bag and not to protect the handles .I don't like the look of both handles wrapped unless someone is using for protection.
I second this! It's more of a decor than actual protection of the handles

But I mean each their own, don't think there's any general rule and my sa never said anything about just 1 twilly vs 2

Reactions: bluediamond35
The leather SA at FSH recommended using wraps on both handles of purses in very light colors (I was getting this one in mushroom), to prevent them from showing wear more rapidly than the rest of the bag. Covering just one handle would make the uncovered handle show wear more obviously. She mentioned that this precaution also safeguards against stains from hand cream and dirt.
IMG_4767.jpeg